2020 Readers' Choice Poll

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

2020 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by James » January 18th, 2021, 11:17 pm

Critics, the Academy, Hollywood guilds, and even the Animated Views staff are rendering their judgment on the top movies of the year. But now it's your turn! What was the best animated film of 2020? Cast your vote here:

http://animatedviews.com/avi/2020-readers-choice/

We'll tally up all the numbers and reveal your choice soon.

Until then feel free to discuss your vote here!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: 2020 Readers' Choice Poll

Post by Randall » January 20th, 2021, 12:06 am

I wish I had already seen Wolfwalkers and Croods, but I had to make a guess here that I would find Wolfwalkers the best of the year based on the buzz. I loved Soul, but I can't totally look past its story problems, so I kept it at number 2. With 3, I went with Lupin III: The First, a very fun film with accomplished animation.

Of the others, I have only seen Onward and Farmageddon so far. Onward was a bit "meh" for me, and I didn't think the ending was really handled well when held up to the light. Farmageddon felt too derivative, even if it was obviously filled with lots of intentional sci-fi references; it was just a big step down from the first Shaun the Sheep movie, to me.

And, while I haven't' yet viewed Scoob! or Trolls World Tour yet, I can't imagine either cracking the top 3, even if they're fun to watch.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 20th, 2021, 6:49 am

So you watched Lupin!? So glad you liked it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 20th, 2021, 9:08 am

Yep, really enjoyed Lupin with the whole fam. Plenty o' fun, and well crafted. They really found a "look" that worked well for the characters and their world, and then they proceeded to nail it with fine cartoony animation. The solid story suited a theatrical feature, with a globetrotting adventure involving Lupin's grandfather and Nazis, plus fantasy elements not normally found in a Lupin III story. Great stuff.

Oh, I guess I also saw The Willoughbys last year. I liked it, but didn't love it as much as other films. Just okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » January 20th, 2021, 10:02 am

For me, it's:
1. Soul
2. Wolfwalkers
3. Onward