X-Men Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: X-Men Movies Thread

Post by ShyViolet » August 13th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Wow...I really hope this is true! :). I mean I realize it’ll still take quite a while for Disney to build up the X-Men “identity” in the MCU (as we’ve been saying), but I do think it’s cool that at least they’ve started making tentative plans about how to integrate the guys they just shelled out all that money for into their billion-dollar tentpoles. (Again, if it’s true.)

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 55231.html

I’d love to see Wolverine again...I know Jackman said that Logan was his swan song but I still think he can do it! :). Heck maybe even Patrick Stewart can too, and we can FINALLY find out the real details about he was so burdened by guilt/horror in that film. (They never really tell you exactly what happened.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2019, 1:40 pm

While it would be cool to see Jackman again, I don't see it happening. I would imagine they would want a clean start, maybe get someone a little younger to grow with the movies. That, and of course moolah. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Yeah, I see your point, Daniel. It’s just so hard to picture someone other than Jackman, though. When I first saw X1 in the theater, as soon as he started to talk to Anna Paquin in his truck I was like: “That IS Wolverine!” :)

They’d just better get a darn good replacement, that’s all I have to say.

Fun fact: When Jackman first took the role back in 2000, he didn’t actually know what a wolverine was! Lol. ;)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Yeah...get used to it...that old cast is done. The only way you’ll see Jackman again is if they do a comedy bit in a Deadpool movie or if he plays a comic version of himself in a version of Camelot or something and references his Wolver-past... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 19th, 2019, 8:28 pm

Lol! :).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 19th, 2019, 10:37 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Yeah, I see your point, Daniel. It’s just so hard to picture someone other than Jackman, though. When I first saw X1 in the theater, as soon as he started to talk to Anna Paquin in his truck I was like: “That IS Wolverine!” :)
In the truck? I remember us fans getting "The Curse is broken... :shock: " chills when we saw that distinctive silhouette lighting up a cigar after the pit-fight.
They’d just better get a darn good replacement, that’s all I have to say.
Sounds like this is the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 of the MCU--as in, yeah, right, they're going to (snicker!) "jumpstart a new series" with this one :lol: --but, since Wolverine did hang out with the "New Avengers" (Spiderman, War Machine and Luke Cage) in the print comics, it's a nice canonical epilogue to prove to the MCU that you can't spell Endgame without E-N-D.
I'm still convinced that Captain Marvel threw the Last-Jedi shovelful on the MCU, but as long as they can go out with no hard feelings and without embarrassing themselves.

And, like Spiderman, moving the character of Wolvie back to a character with a perfectly-cast unknown rather than a marketable actor franchise icon will help them rein the story back in with the comics, until such time as they have the first remote idea where they're going to go from here.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 20th, 2019, 7:49 am

Jackman did a great job, bringing the attitude perfectly.... But lest us forget he was physically wrong for the part! If/when a recast happens, I would love to see a stubby 5' actor get it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm

Wow, no X-Men posts since summer 2019!

So, I just dropped by to point out that Kinberg's latest is getting released, and it don't look good (yes, Ben, I remember you telling me about this one awhile back):

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_355

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 7th, 2022, 3:26 am

We finished The 355 almost a couple of years ago and it’s been on the Covid shelf since then! This was my last actual job on a movie, and it was supposed to come out this time last year, after already being delayed, but I was kind of surprised Uni didn’t just let it go out back then as their subsequent lack of marketing looks like they’ve pretty much cooled on it by this point. I guess they didn’t want to delay again even though quite a few films are starting to be pushed back again, but they probably didn't think it was worth it. Be interesting to see how it does as the first "big" release of the year, even if it does feel like it’s being "dumped" after Bond and while King's Man is still playing.