Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by Bill1978 » November 4th, 2019, 3:39 am

I'm happy if moving towards Cassie becoming Stature means I get my desired Young Avengers movie. The Captain Marvel movie helped set up Hulkling's background for the mainstream audience. All they need to do is somehow set up Wiccan and Speed unless they decide to ditch their parental origins.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 4th, 2019, 8:10 pm

Production has begun on Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 4th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Recent industry-geek rumor press has it that the most expensive budget Disney laid out, at $25M per ep., wasn't for Lady's remake, but for Hawkeye: the Series (arguably the one Phase IV MCU streaming series NO one's looking forward to), with Falcon (ditto) not far behind at $15M per.
And that's leaving aside their big Star Wars-tangential rollouts.

Unless these are Netflix-style 6-7 ep. limited series, we're looking at the one last ingredient that can officially turn the Streaming Boom into the Streaming Bubble:
The hysterical raising of prices and investment in one surefire "future" technology, before the markets have opened and the customers have spoken.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 4th, 2019, 10:02 pm

The big rumor/ theory is ant-man 3 will be used to bring the fantastic four into the mcu.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Now Chris Evans can come back to reprise his best role! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 5th, 2019, 3:31 pm

What about bill murrey? He was the torch in the 60s fantastic four radio show! (really!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKUp3lP2jSc

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2019, 5:58 am

That is actually quite mind-blowing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 7th, 2019, 6:54 pm

And there goes another marvel hulu show. Say goodbye to dazzler and tigra. "On hold" pretty much means it's a goner like ghost rider. Don't be shocked if howard the duck and modak are next.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/l ... ssion=true

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 8th, 2019, 3:34 pm

gaastra wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 6:54 pm
And there goes another marvel hulu show. Say goodbye to dazzler and tigra. "On hold" pretty much means it's a goner like ghost rider. Don't be shocked if howard the duck and modak are next.
With budgets going up, most of the Hulus are about to hit redundancy with the Disney+ Marvel series, and not many are going to be transferred over. Now, if you were asking which was the first Disney+ casualty, I'd be offering 3:1 on "WandaVision", but sounds like Disney's dropping out of the Hulu-series game.

And is Dazzler still even in the comics?? (I shudder to ask about Tigra, who first started me on Marvel Comics when I saw her on the cover of the "West Coast Avengers" spinoff in the early 90's, and I didn't know her whereabouts since the title folded.)
Dazzler was very much a product of the Jem & the Holograms 80's, when "girl rockstars" were the thing, but she didn't have much dynamic with the X-Men team, seemed to have too much of her own life, and when teen-mallrat Jubilee came in and took over the 90's Animated Series, there was room for only one 80's-fireworks character.

The only reason we're still talking about a Dazzler TV series is from a screwball list of projects Stan Lee wanted to do back in the early 90's, when Roger Corman still owned Marvel/New World--
Which would also be the same reason we got an Ant-Man movie, but a better one than Stan was pitching...Although the first '00 X-Men movie bears an uncanny resemblance to the Wolverine sequel Stan wanted New World to do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 9th, 2019, 9:52 am

It's not the budget but kevin feige cleaning house now that he is in charge of tv shows. He has killed every marvel show from before he came in. Hope moon girl is safe.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 9th, 2019, 10:36 am

I think WandaVision will be safe because it sounds like it might be setting up Doctor Strange 2.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 9th, 2019, 10:40 pm

First look at WandaVision: https://i.redd.it/wonki1mcdl341.jpg

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 9th, 2019, 11:30 pm

I would guess that the announced-at-D23 Marvel shows are still going forward. Only a major creative impasse would derail them now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2019, 4:30 am

And do we have a new brand name in "MCU Direct", or is that just the watermark for the site that broke that image?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 10th, 2019, 7:55 am

He made the Disney plus shows so yes they are safe. It's the shows made before he came on--agent carter, cloak and dagger, runaways, avengers cartoon, etc. that he is getting rid of.

Shows in the works before he came on are also not safe with ghost rider and now tigra and dazzler.