New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: New Disney Streaming Service: Disney+

Post by Ben » November 27th, 2019, 4:33 am

I can understand all of this. ;)

I too have some of the feature segments that were later issued as their own shorts, or in reverse of that with Pooh...at least all of which were ever released over here. But we didn’t get multiple issues of tapes here, just one that-was-it issue, though they were plastic Amaray boxes and not the cardboard sleeves (and rarely clamshells here, for some reason).

I've retained pretty much all of my Disney VHSs and associated paraphernalia, including cups and some toys, including the freebies I got when they ran a fanclub type service (though this was mostly just newsletters and the like).

I’d forgotten that you worked at Toys R Us. Explains a lot. A lot! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Dr Aphra series may be coming to Disney plus.

http://starwarsunity.net/2019/11/23/rum ... tv-series/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 2nd, 2019, 10:56 am

Just added.

Movies

Coco
Little mermaid Live
Garfield the movie
Expedition Emile
Glory road
Marvel rising chasing ghosts (with spider gwen)
Marvel rising heart of iron (with ironheart)

New Shows

Star vs evil
Henery hugglemonster
Miles from tomorrow
Sheriff collie
Lion guard
Just like me

New episodes of older shows
Dr poe
Dr poe jingle poe
Story of dr poe

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 5th, 2019, 3:24 pm

That is some collection, James. Very cool and unique! Makes me wish I had kept my VHS's, but I just wouldn't have the room.

Was going to bring up the merchandise that Disney has released, but I see I don't have to. Very cute series! I just got some on my last Disney Store visit. Very nostalgic. Love the keychains! You have the Beauty and the Beast notebook/keychain, right? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » December 14th, 2019, 12:48 am

So they've added the 3-hour "Arendelle Castle Yule Log" holiday-theme screensaver.

Do I have it on as we speak? Yes. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 14th, 2019, 1:41 am

Dan wrote:
December 14th, 2019, 12:48 am
So they've added the 3-hour "Arendelle Castle Yule Log" holiday-theme screensaver.
Do I have it on as we speak? Yes. :wink:
So, not the old Disney DVD Yule Log with the character shadows appearing in the fire?
Darn. Another thing the Frozen Monster has taken away from us. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 19th, 2019, 9:19 pm

X-men films has been added in Canada and will be in other counties soon. Fantastic four films have been added in the Netherlands. Due to rights we may not get them here yet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 19th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Also mickey mouse classic "brave little tailor" is on Disney plus--in the sword in the stone extras! Other hidden short are "cat and the king" with mary poppins extras, roger rabbit shorts with who framed roger rabbit and the full movie version of "sing with bell" in the beauty and the beast cartoon extras!

Also baby yoda has been added as a profile picture!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 20th, 2019, 7:05 am

Really? They’re classing the X-films as Disney+ and not Hulu? Where does this leave Logan? I can’t believe they’re going to brand all the Fox films as D+. This is gonna get messy!

Also a bit messy is that classic cartoons are getting mixed up as extras. Yes, the Poppins one and Roger Rabbit makes sense, but stuff like Brave Little Tailor should never be considered "an extra"! I hope it’s at least the gorgeous recent HD master and not just some DVD extra they’ve pulled over.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » December 20th, 2019, 10:25 am

A list of what's expected to be added in January.

January 1:
America’s National Parks (Season 1)
Austin & Ally (Season 1-4)
Billy Dilley’s Super-Duper Subterranean Summer (Season 1)
Bugged (Short)
Continent 7: Antarctica (Season 1)
Cool Runnings
Dog: Impossible (Season 1)
Dr. K’s Exotic Animal ER (Season 8 )
Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet (Season 7)
Dr. T, Lone Star Vet (Season 1)
Drain Alcatraz
Drain The Bermuda Triangle
Drain The Great Lakes
Drain The Ocean: WWII
Drain The Oceans (Season 2)
Drain The Sunken Pirate City
Drain The Titanic
El Materdor (Short)
First Class Chefs: Family Style (Season 1)
Hacksaw
Holes
Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors – Battle Of The Bands
Marvel Super Hero Adventures (Shorts) (Season 2-3)
Marvel: 75 Years, From Pop To Pulp!
Moon Mater (Short)
Muppet Babies Show And Tell (Shorts) (Season 2-3)
One Strange Rock (Season 1)
Out There With Jack Randall (Season 1)
Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja (Season 1-2)
Red Tails
Rescue Squad Mater (Short)
Soy Luna (Season 1)
Spinning (Short)
Super Rhino (Short)
The Golden Touch (Short)
The Lodge (Season 1-2)
The Proud Family (Season 1-2)
The Super Hero Squad Show (Season 1-2)
Time Travel Mater (Short)
Tokyo Mater (Short)
Unidentified Flying Mater (Short)
Vaprinia Ghouls Girls Rock! (Shorts) (Season 1)
Wild Russia (Season 1)
Year Million (Season 1)

January 2:
Life Below Zero (Season 13)

January 8:
Aladdin (2019)

January 10:
Destino (Short)
Marvel’s Runaways (Season 3)

January 17:
Diary of a Future President (Series Premiere)

January 28:
The Lion King (2019)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 21st, 2019, 9:16 am

Still waiting for more 1950s-1970s content, but nice to see they're adding stuff.

Note that the above is the US list, though most territories will be pretty similar. For example, in Canada, Runaways isn't on at all yet, but we had Cool Runnings from the beginning.

Super Hero Squad makes me smile. I actually really dug that show. Great to watch with the kids.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 21st, 2019, 4:40 pm

Randall wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 9:16 am
Super Hero Squad makes me smile. I actually really dug that show. Great to watch with the kids.
I'm just happy to dig up the little-seen 90's Silver Surfer cartoon again--Ah, Thanos, when he was still a dangerously nutty bad-guy, and not some soulful proactive galactic activist...
Also, that that crappy 90's "Avengers: United They Stand" (the one that was supposed to follow the 90's Fox X-Men:TAS) maybe wasn't so bad after all, if you really think of it as a version of Marvel's old "West Coast Avengers" spinoff. Hey, at least they got Lenora Zann's Rogue voice for Tigra, and I remember that being the best thing about it. :mrgreen:

Still, I wouldn't kick some of Disney's 70's Ron Miller-era live-action SD streams from Vudu VOD out on a snowy weekend--You'd think D+ would have "Snowball Express" up on the catalog for Christmas/January.
But, looks like they'll have to wait their turn for Disney Movie Club Blu-rays before getting their HD digital remaster. Gotta placate all those 4KTV viewers.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 1st, 2020, 9:39 am

And Disney has REMOVED films from Disney plus! Garfield 2, mickeys three musketeers, shaggy dog remake and white wilderness has been removed. The thing about Disney plus is they said they wanted all their films on there and removing movies makes me feel like I have been lied to by Disney. That's what set it apart from Netflix is Disney owned most of the things on disney plus and didn't need to remove things and they did! Not happy with Disney over this. Feel lied to by Disney. Looks like I will stick to the dvds as you can't trust Disney plus anymore to keep them on there. They could remove them anytime! Still have Disney plus but will put my dvds over it now that they are removing movies. Disney has let me down.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 1st, 2020, 10:43 am

I am surprised they started vaulting titles so soon, but it was certainly always a possibility. I am definitely hanging onto my discs. I love Disney+, but it does not replace my disc collection. My New Year's viewing was Walt's Cinderella, and I used my Blu-ray, while also enjoying some of the bonus features - none of which are on D+.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 1st, 2020, 11:13 am

But the big thing they promoted was "the vault is gone!" "Everything we own (that's not song of the south or victory through air power) will be on Disney plus little at a time!" Once it's on it's on! That was the big thing they said over and over. Yes shows they don't own but payed to use like fantastic four wgh and X-Men evo I can understand but to remove FOUR films you own for no reason makes what they said a huge lie. Nothing is safe now. Gummi bears could be gone next month. It makes them the same as Netflix and is not what they promised!