Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Post by LotsoA113 » February 21st, 2015, 1:57 pm

A report came out last night saying Steven Spielberg is considering directing a potential Indiana Jones reboot that could star Chris Pratt. I doubt he'll actually do it, but I do think Pratt's a great choice to play Indy.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Indiana Jones 5: Rise Of the Chris Pratt

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2015, 8:12 pm

I'm hearing Pratt for a reboot is almost a cert (based on his work in Jurassic), but that Spielberg (and Lucas) will not be involved.

Kind of a shame that Ford may not get to pull off on more *decent* Indy (and that may be the one reason Spielberg returns, to make up for the last one and get the new series off and running), but at this point I'm good with Disney moving ahead anew again, leaving the classic films with Paramount (and the fourth in its own space between spaces!).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 22nd, 2015, 4:01 am

It's sort of their official statement that they've given up on Mutt Williams.
(Which they can now do, since Lucas was the only one still pushing for it back when he still owned the franchise.)
They can't just simply not make the movie, since that would be, like, canceling a project, and no studio ever does that.

Spielberg basically said all he had to say about wrapping the Ford canon up with a proper farewell in Crystal Skull, and I'm sure not doing a new one doesn't bother him a bit.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 22nd, 2015, 5:15 am

Maybe Pratt could just be Mutt grown up! ;)

By the time they get around to making this, Ford will have aged to where it would mirror his role with Connery, and they could do a pretty good set of 1960s set Indy Jr. adventures after Sr. hangs up the whip.

Then again, Indy's a 30s style serial/matinee hero, so maybe they just revert to going between the Young Indy series and before and around Raiders, so we get a heap of late 1920s and early 30s adventures. Or they could fill in between Crusade and Skull, making the movie that Skull should have been - the much more interesting sounding exploits with Winstone"s character during the war.

Lots of scope as long as Lucas isn't around. He belongs in his museum. ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Indiana Jones And The New Disney Movies Thread

Post by Dan » December 31st, 2015, 12:05 pm

It's around the seven minute mark in the video, but I guess this all but confirms Disney is making a new Indy film.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/20 ... -and-china

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 15th, 2016, 1:52 pm

Confirmed: Indy 5 coming in 2019, with Ford and Spielberg returning...

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/6 ... -spielberg

Speaking as someone who still likes Kingdom (sorry?), I hope they get Karen Allen back as well.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 15th, 2016, 6:42 pm

I liked Kingdom as well and I too would like to see Karen back.

I also want to see John Rhys-Davies back. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 15th, 2016, 6:54 pm

I thought this was a terrible idea and that we didn't need another bad Indy film.

But the second I got a call from a friend of mine this morning telling me it had just been announced I got all excited, like I didn't even know I wanted another Indy!

Best thing is...no George! So it'll be better than Dimdumb Of The Crappy Scum anyway...!

My guess is that this is a prequel to that film (as Temple Of Doom was to Raiders) and that they'll make Indy look younger, hence the long away release date (could this fill in for a Star Wars film that year?).

After this, Ford will die a happy man, having reprised three of his iconic movie roles. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Indiana Jones 5 may finally begin shooting in Spring 2020 - in of all places London! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2019, 4:20 am

Why "of all places"!? :?

All of the original trilogy were filmed in London, at Elstree Studios to be exact, a stone's throw from my backyard!

In fact, both my and my wife's Dads worked on them...our front pathway is actually formed of the discarded York stone that was brought in to provide the floor of the Temple of Doom!

Spielberg and Lucas were right at home here at Elstree for much of the late 70s and 80s...original Star Wars and Indy trilogies, Willow, Empire Of The Sun, Private Ryan and more all shot here, with Jurassic Park and Ready Player One only narrowly missing out as space wasn’t available at those times.

I reckon Spielberg is viewing this as a good luck charm, just as Lucas returned here to shoot scenes for the SW prequels. Crystal Skull shot exclusively in the US and looked how that turned out. A return to London (as all just-outside-London studios are referred to by the Yanks) could be the charm this movie needs!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2019, 10:47 am

That's it exactly, I found it funny that the next one would be filmed in London again. Made sense in my head...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 5th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Currently scheduled to be released on July 9, 2021. Some info:
SuperHeroHype wrote:While talking with the BBC on the red carpet at the BAFTAs, Kennedy received a question about the status of Indy sequel. “We’re working away, getting the script where we want it to be and then we’ll be ready to go,” explained Kennedy. “Harrison Ford will be involved, yeah. It’s not a reboot; it’s a continuation.”

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 5th, 2020, 7:04 pm

Apparently it’s shooting this summer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 15th, 2020, 12:21 pm

In two months, according to Harrison Ford.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2020, 5:39 pm

So...summer then. ;)