Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by Randall » March 8th, 2020, 3:51 pm

Great box, with nothing of real value inside. I had always been curious about what they put into those things. I could maybe be really tempted on a film I love, but I can't see spending the money. Thanks for posting. It sated my curiosity nicely.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Lose a bulk of points on a nice box filled with promo tat that we couldn’t give away! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 8th, 2020, 4:21 pm

Or retail $54.95 at Disney Movie Club.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 8th, 2020, 4:31 pm

Whoa! It’s a bargain! Plus shipping I assume! They’re not silly, are they?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 23rd, 2020, 3:48 pm

Enter EARTHDAY for 10 points.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2020, 4:03 pm

😎👍

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 30th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Enter MAYTHE4TH for 10 points.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2020, 9:27 pm

Cool. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Enter YOUREWELCOME for 10 points. And thank you! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 9th, 2020, 3:41 pm

And thank you!

Though, too bad there's nothing to get yet. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2020, 7:58 pm

You’re welcome. ;) ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 25th, 2020, 11:40 pm

The Insider rewards have become even more sparse since the pandemic. Honestly, I think this whole Insider thing hasn't been thought out all that well in the rewards department.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 26th, 2020, 4:14 am

I just don’t get why they changed it all to start with! It’s not even like they carried over what they had before. They could have at least offered those items, or added the exclusive discs to give us *something* that already exists and wouldn’t trouble them to do. Although I have all I want it that regard, I still need to nab The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh...!

But, yeah...pretty poor.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 26th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Poor, lame, worthless. Unless something major changes, the whole program seems dead in the water.

And... Scarecrow is still the last exclusive Blu from Disney Movie Club. The Club is another disappointment, as Disney seems to be steering people more towards their streaming service than getting folks excited for home video releases. I've been hoping another exclusive release might squeak out before I go ahead and order. But I may have to give up hope. :( (Someone in a HTF thread recently mentioned that a Make Mine Music HD master was being worked on, but that's not really a surprise, and there's no guarantee of a Blu release, though that would be great.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 26th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Randall wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:25 pm
And... Scarecrow is still the last exclusive Blu from Disney Movie Club. The Club is another disappointment, as Disney seems to be steering people more towards their streaming service than getting folks excited for home video releases. I've been hoping another exclusive release might squeak out before I go ahead and order. But I may have to give up hope. :(
They're in the same gray-area now that Warner is with the Archive: Warner wanted to push the "Physical is dead!" agenda and move all their catalog disc sales to online MOD, and then discovered...it wasn't so dead there, after all. (And certainly a lot more alive and kicking than Digital Locker turned out to be. :lol: )

Since retail is dead also--but we can thank Target and Best Buy for that--online Warner Archive-style studio sites have become the biggest outlet for catalog reprints, and making both Warner and Disney a little "braver" about re-releasing rare collector titles without having to worry about mass saturation.
Make Mine Music and Melody Time are the last remaining titles not to go Blu; it was the poor mass-retail reception of Ichabod & Mr. Toad that kept them from finishing the package films and the poor mass-retail reception of Babes in Toyland on Blu that shut down the live-action classics.
DMC isn't much at the moment, but they know it's all they've got, just like we know it's all we've got.
Someone in a HTF thread recently mentioned that a Make Mine Music HD master was being worked on, but that's not really a surprise, and there's no guarantee of a Blu release, though that would be great.)
MMM is never likely to come out in anything but a double-feature with Melody, and the restoration may be a little busier than usual on that. MMM isn't on D+, but Melody's Disney+ print, even without a DMC Blu yet, seems to have restored Pecos Bill's infamous cigarette that caused a censorship uproar on the DVD twenty years ago, so that's at least had some work--But MMM still has those darn Martins & McCoys...