Pooh and friends go CGI

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Pooh and friends go CGI

Post by Dacey » December 7th, 2005, 10:56 am

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... pooh_x.htm

They create a new character, but they still don't have a name for her? That's nuts!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2005, 2:57 pm

Well, they don't say they don't have a name for her - just that they haven't yet revealed it and USA Today doesn't know it!

Doesn't look too bad - at least the tomboy is in keeping with the classic Christopher Robin design.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 7th, 2005, 3:40 pm

I think it would be interesting if that girl was Christopher Robin's little sister, who received Pooh, Tigger, and the rest of the gang after Christopher Robin grew too old for them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 7th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Yeah but *stubbornly wants to stick to original source* Christopher Robin is based on the real-life Christopher Robin who was AA Milne's son.
He didn't have a little sister, or any siblings for that matter. :wink:

Just a thought. :P

In some of the book designs CR actually looks a little like a girl in some pictures...
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 7th, 2005, 4:01 pm

ShyViolet wrote:He didn't have a little sister, or any siblings for that matter. :wink:

Just a thought. :P
Fine. Here's another storyline:

For all we know, Christopher Robin may be the girl's neighbor. One day, the girl saw Christopher Robin playing with his stuffed animals and wanted a set. Hence, her parents went to the store and a couple of hours later, the girl had a Pooh doll too, along with her own television show.

That way, the tales of Christopher Robin are not forgotten, erased, replaced, or in some time warp.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » December 7th, 2005, 4:37 pm

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No.

It was bad enough with Mickey in CGI, now transfering already disgustingly treated characters into that realm?! And the girl? Hopefully Tigger will jump on her neck and her voice box will shatter making us never having to hear from her again. :evil:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 7th, 2005, 6:02 pm

I must confess that I really don't know what to make of this. I know that CGI Winnie the Pooh had to come around sooner or later. As for this girl, well, I guess I'll get used to her.

But the article seems to forget Gopher, Kessie and Lumpy when it indicates that this is the first new character in the 100 Acre. Wood in 80 years.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Yep, all those other characters were introduced over the years.

I wonder if they'll keep the girl's name as a Milne in-joke and name her Alice... :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 7th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No.

It was bad enough with Mickey in CGI, now transfering already disgustingly treated characters into that realm?! And the girl? Hopefully Tigger will jump on her neck and her voice box will shatter making us never having to hear from her again. :evil:
Isn't that, I don't know, just a bit nasty?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » December 8th, 2005, 5:25 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:Isn't that, I don't know, just a bit nasty?
Nope. Disney's treatment of the Winnie the Pooh universe (minus the classic featurettes) is actually far worse.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 8th, 2005, 11:13 am

But, still, she's just a kid. Should Tigger really break her neck?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Hey in the same vein, maybe Toy Story III will be about Andy's little sister, who should probably be at least ten by now. :roll: The story can be that Andy is too grown up to play with Buzz and Woody and passes them on to her, along with Jessie... :)
Same idea, basically...
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 8th, 2005, 8:22 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No.

Isn't that, I don't know, just a bit nasty?
Nasty would be if tigger then raped the dead corpse afterwards ;)

Yeah, this sucks. I'm not a fan of christopher robin myself, but you can't change him >:[

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 9th, 2005, 8:02 am

They were making fun of this on some radio show the other day.

"What happened to Christopher Robin? Did they fire him or what?"

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2005, 10:22 am

Okay, Mac, calm down (get the hoses ready!!!) :)