Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Scary time right now, cases rising sharply here in upstate New York, when before we’d had it much more under control. (Well scary everywhere I guess.) Hope things are better with you guys. :|
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Just saw that on CNN here. Shame, as NY seemed to have things fairly well on the mend. Stay safe Vi!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 5th, 2020, 9:51 pm

News stories tell of Canada's escalating cases, but that is mostly in the 2 most populous provinces (Ontario and Quebec, both near New York), and to a lesser extent Alberta and British Columbia in the west. A couple of provinces on the east coast have few if any cases. Here in Saskatchewan, our numbers are relatively stable, and at a much lower level than most places (including neighbouring Montana and North Dakota, with similar populations as us, but more than 10x the cases; we had 9 new cases today, and now have fewer than 150 active cases; meanwhile, Montana had 212 new cases today alone).

All of this is stated with the realization that things can change in a hurry. We have had some small outbreaks, but the contact tracing has been excellent, and the outbreaks ended quickly. But if too many people misbehaving leads to larger outbreaks, we could still be as bad as anywhere else. Must stay vigilant!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2020, 4:59 am

That sounds a but betterer than you guys were there, which is obviously good!

In terms of the global situation, one of the biggest drawbacks to all of this is the week to two week long wait, or more, before people even realise they have this, or not. So it’s largely a catchup game in terms of numbers. The most important thing, if anyone can, is to simply stay indoors and have as minimal interaction with separate people and households as possible. Although people — well, at least the sensible ones — are being careful, this thing isn’t still spreading because we are being too careful!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2020, 8:54 pm

And now Jurassic World moves from summer '21... to summer '22!!?!

Oh, darn... :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 8th, 2020, 1:25 pm

I’m sorry but this just really lifted my mood so I thought I’d share it :)

https://youtu.be/ckkfV9b0_q8

Two words: Hamill/Stewart!!!!!!!!!!

(Only thing I’d change: why weren’t they playing Battleship???
🙂😂😎🙄 “You sank my Battleship!” Lol.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Got my flu shot the other day. Gives a little piece of mind...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 10th, 2020, 3:39 pm

I got my shingles shot yesterday (yes, I'm old). Last night, I was worried when I got very fatigued and chilled, 'til I realized it was a side effect of the shot, and not covid. After a good night's sleep, I was fine again. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 12th, 2020, 3:47 pm

New three-tier lockdown plans unveiled in the UK. Stay safe, Ben.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Oh, we're super-safe here...by NOT listening to our Comedian in Chief, Bojo The Clown!

This is just the latest attempt to curb things and just draw out the pain longer, rather than just but the bullet and go back into a proper shutdown and get back to where we should have been at the end of July, if they hadn’t opened it all up too quickly in mid-June... :roll:

Thanks for the concern, but we're been playing the common sense game since this thing hit Italy in February. All locked in and snuggling down for a very cold and wet winter. We shall stay safe and cosy inside...!

:)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 12th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Much the same here. Aside from needing to go to work, where I'm clothed in lots of PPE, my family and I have been covid hermits. We're trying our best to ride it out at home, and avoid stupid people.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2020, 2:38 pm

"and avoid stupid people." That made me chuckle. On my recent essential runs, I've witnessed so many people not wearing their mask right or at all! Not over the nose is one thing, seeing it on their chin or just dangling from their ear is another. Yes it sucks, but like come on...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Totally. I decided to stop riding the busses here, at least for a long while. DEFINITELY passengers who don’t wear their masks right, or not at all. Why don’t the bus drivers enforce the “no mask, no ride” restrictions?? Half the time they don’t wear a mask 😷 either! (Not kidding) :roll: :cry: :x :shock:

Basically, the world sucks. (Especially this town :roll:)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 13th, 2020, 11:01 pm

When I go grocery shopping here, practically everyone is now properly masked, thank goodness. Now, the folks at Home Depot are another story!

As someone who is in a mask, face shield, and gown all day at work, I have NO sympathy for whiners who say they can't don a mask for 15 to 30 minutes while they shop.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 14th, 2020, 5:29 am

The best one I heard the other day was about some people that should be exempt from wearing masks because they have "breathing difficulties".

Huh. Yeah. Hello?

Covid-19 has breathing difficulties built in to its attack process!!?!?!! :roll: