AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by gaastra » November 13th, 2020, 11:14 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Marvel consulted with Dick Van Dyke for "WandaVision". Talk about going the extra mile. Makes the assumptions of... well, one person, even more baseless. Now I'm even more interested!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 13th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Chris Pratt confirmed for Thor 4 too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Neat! Cool title, too: Love and Thunder

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 13th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Daniel wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Marvel consulted with Dick Van Dyke for "WandaVision". Talk about going the extra mile. Makes the assumptions of... well, one person, even more baseless. Now I'm even more interested!
However, we've already SEEN clips of the 50's June-Cleaver/Samantha/laughtrack episode.
Ohh, the hurt. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 13th, 2020, 7:55 pm

Helps to have a sense of humor.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 14th, 2020, 12:38 pm

Yes Eric's been ranting about the show all over twitter. :roll: Thank God he was banned from the other place I visit. people were literally celebrating. I am sure the same would happen here if the moderators did the same.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Preach.

By the by, Otis is telling the truth. Talk about embarrassing!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 14th, 2020, 12:57 pm

I wonder if that is the only place. Daniel search! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 14th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Think I already know enough and it ain't pretty...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » November 14th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Otis8 wrote:
November 14th, 2020, 12:38 pm
Yes Eric's been ranting about the show all over twitter. :roll: Thank God he was banned from the other place I visit. people were literally celebrating. I am sure the same would happen here if the moderators did the same.
Funny you should mention that....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » November 14th, 2020, 3:34 pm

Why did I think it was premiering in December??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 15th, 2020, 3:07 am

Daniel wrote:
November 13th, 2020, 7:55 pm
Helps to have a sense of humor.
It also helps not to be a Millennial, using legendary horror images of ALF and Full House to demonize the entire concept of the TV Sitcom, as one more reason why We're Glad We Don't Have To Watch Our Parent's Icky 70's-80's Broadcast TV Anymore, in this new streaming golden age.
Seriously, there's a lot of free-floating generational anger-issues out there that look like they don't just have to do with memories of Steve Urkel, and when they team up with over-symbolized feminist grudges over classic retro-TV housewives in pearls and aprons, ya got trouble in River City.

I LITERALLY don't know what the Cult of WandaVision is expecting from the series, because it sure isn't the series--Organized protest demonstrations against Disney+ "betraying" their fans by putting up the "wrong" programming, maybe, or just a lot of post-Endgame MCU withdrawal coming to a boiling point and geeking fans out for the Dr. Strange movie, but the fandom is hysterically canonizing a show that hasn't even aired yet to sainthood I will need a lot of persuading it even deserves.
It was never even this bad before Agents of SHIELD first aired, and...we know how that one turned out.

(And I have no idea which "banned" site you're referring to, unless you mean a brief ban from the site that didn't want to hear about the looney writer thankfully kicked off of Marvel's "She-Hulk"....YIKES. :shock:
Or, was it the site whose sensibilities were offended by my shocking, iconoclastic warnings that an all-female remake of Ghostbusters wouldn't be funny?)
Last edited by EricJ on November 15th, 2020, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Farerb » November 15th, 2020, 3:53 am

What did you say about the show on twitter?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 15th, 2020, 3:57 am

Farerb wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 3:53 am
What did you say about the show on twitter?
Pretty much the above, ie., that get over it, people, it's JUST one endless cheap, mean-spirited/hipster sitcom-bashing joke, with some strategically unsatisfying Phase IV canon teases tied into the last couple of limited episodes when they remember to.
With the usual hints of "Don't come crying to me if I warned you it sucked", over the wildly imagined fan expectations that started organizing and tripling their efforts with every icky other show that Disney+ would announce--Until it became a Cult of Stubborn Fan-Nagging for them that literally seemed to have forgotten what it was stubbornly nagging about.
(There used to be an even more noisome cult on D+'s posts for a while nagging every announcement for updates on whether they'd get "Anne With an E" away from Netflix.)

Yes, I wish Disney+ could announce some better shows too (oh, you want Marvel shows? Get in line behind the folks waiting for more vintage-Disney programming... :x ), but nobody could be that desperate for a Dr. Strange 2 teaser trailer.