Marvel Cinematic Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avengers and the MCU

Post by gaastra » December 4th, 2020, 3:25 pm

So sony overseas released a spider-man video then pulled it fast! To late! It's the internet.

Reel rejects watches the pulled video--

"Who do you love as spider-man?" "in spider-man 3 you don't have to choose as anything can happen in the mcu!"

So live action spider-verse!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2020, 2:57 pm

I keep flip-flopping who's my favorite Spidey. I usually lean towards Andrew. Movies are a whole different beast, though!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Love the Maguire movies (Spidey 2 is, for me, the best superhero movie ever behind the original Superman), but Garfield was actually a really good and underrated Spidey badly let down by two pretty terrible movies. Holland I’m fairly indifferent on, actually: he seems less Spidey than the other two and more "a" Spider-Man that exists in the larger MCU.

Some fab news though: Alfred Molina will be back as Doc Ock in the multiverse Spidey 3! Between Doctor Strange and this film, it sounds like we'll be getting a huge crossover event that spans both...pretty cool! It might all tie every up quite nicely and bring us something close to the original Spider-Man 3 that didn’t really happen right (although I do feel that film gets too much of a bashing and it does have some pretty good aspects to it, not least the full-circle wrap up of the Goblin arc).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Fave movie Spidey: Maguire hands-down. Especially in 2, and even 1. (The 2002 one is actually really good in many ways and quite underrated, at least in my opinion. Makes sense since the 2004 one is so perfect and kind of overshadows it.)

As for TV, I enjoyed the mid-90s Christopher Barnes Spidey, but this guy probably made the biggest impression on me:

https://youtu.be/Z32KJlpz42M

They showed it in Israel with no subtitles or dubbing, (not uncommon back then!), but I could still more or less work out what was going on.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Ben wrote:
December 8th, 2020, 3:22 pm
Some fab news though: Alfred Molina will be back as Doc Ock in the multiverse Spidey 3! Between Doctor Strange and this film, it sounds like we'll be getting a huge crossover event that spans both...pretty cool! It might all tie every up quite nicely and bring us something close to the original Spider-Man 3 that didn’t really happen right (although I do feel that film gets too much of a bashing and it does have some pretty good aspects to it, not least the full-circle wrap up of the Goblin arc).

Wow that’s so cool about Molina coming back! :).

And yeah, totally agree on Spidey 3. Also I feel Venom (sans Topher Grace) was actually pretty scary and would have been much more so if he’d appeared for more than 15 minutes! :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2020, 8:22 pm

FF movie coming. And, yes, I do mean Fantastic Four... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2020, 8:25 pm

Way too much coming out of Marvel! It's all a blur.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » December 10th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Pasted from disney plus thread.

So--

Black widow still coming to theatres. No access for it.
Raya and the last dragon access and theatres.
Enchanto and pixars next movie will go to theatres.
Enchanted 2 now on disney plus.
Jungle cruise still coming to theatres. (kind of surprised by that)
buzz lightyear film in the works.
Ice age spin-off buck in the works.
Disney plus getting night in the and wimpy kid animated films.
Gotg christmas special.
Two theatre star wars films.
Ashoka and other spin-offs confirmed.
Droids movie.
Adult area "star" coming to overseas disney plus. America has hulu so no star here.

Shows
Baymax the series
Princess and the frog show
Zootopia shorts
Pixar all stars shorts "popcorn"
Dug the dog show
Cars show
Pixar making a original tv series

War machine show
Ironheart show
Nick fury show is secret invasion
She-hulk will have hulk and abomination plus other heroes
Kang confirmed for ant-man 3
Ms marvel confirmed for captain marvel 2
Blade news soon.
Fantastic four movie in the works.
Dr strange 2 now filming. Miss america confirmed

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 11th, 2020, 12:45 pm

Second "WandaVision" trailer:

Ah, Daydream Believer. Genius song choice! Out of everything shown for Marvel, this is what I'm looking forward to most. Looks bonkers!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 12th, 2020, 10:54 am

I'm actually really looking forward most to What If?, but everything looks good to me on the Marvel side. Even Loki, which I wasn't initially too keen on, looks suitably intriguing.

Just, PLEASE make the FF movie FANTASTIC!!!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 12th, 2020, 11:05 am

The animation on "What if?" looks a little stiff, but does look pretty cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 12th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Randall wrote:
December 12th, 2020, 10:54 am
Just, PLEASE make the FF movie FANTASTIC!!!!!
And now that we've done it with Spiderman, go with the "We know, we KNOW!!" policy of skipping the origin and cutting to the chase:
The horrid '04 movie did the Lee origin right, if nothing else, and the unspeakable '15 movie had to use the "Ultimate"-verse canon to appease '04's lawyers, so there's really...nowhere else to go, unless they get explained in someone else's movie like Tom Holland's Peter Parker did.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 13th, 2020, 4:27 am

I love how you think FF04 had its own "lawyers" who were still on payroll to safeguard against using the same elements in the 2015 movie. (Wow...that was 2015 already!?)

Why does everyone bash the original film? It’s a fun COMIC BOOK movie that did really well and pretty much had great casting. Looking back, it’s as good as the initial X-Men and Spidey Maguire entries of their time, although I agree that the less said about the intended universe-building that Feige was involved in on the second one (which everyone forgets) the better, though even that had some fun things about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 13th, 2020, 9:59 am

Ben wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 4:27 am
I love how you think FF04 had its own "lawyers" who were still on payroll to safeguard against using the same elements in the 2015 movie.
Why, thank you, and they've got 'em--Their job is to make sure nobody steals things from somebody else, that's why double dips of the same character from different producers have to choose different origin canons to work with.
That's why Netflix characters couldn't appear in MCU movies, and their Daredevil had to be Frank Miller's one who didn't have radioactive sonar like Ben Affleck did; that's why the Ghost Rider of "Agents of SHIELD" is the new one who drives a car (and not Nic Cage's motorcycle), and why Sony had to make a Spiderman movie about Miles Morales, and the "other" Peter Parker who broke up with MJ.
Ben wrote:
Why does everyone bash the original film?
Ask me to picture the first moment to spring to mind from the original, and I don't picture Chris Evans, or the space origin, or anything that happened in the plot.
I just keep picturing Reed Richards using his stretch power to grab another roll of toilet paper on the john.

(And if you're going to say "But it's a COMIC book!", Joel Schumacher said it first. You know which film he said it about.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 13th, 2020, 10:24 am

Ben wrote:
Why does everyone bash the original film?
For me, it's greatest sin was that it underachieved. Rather than being fantastic, it was just so very mediocre. It has its moments, but it's too mundane and cheesy. I want a FF film to still hit the character stuff, naturally, but in the context of a BIG, exciting story.
EricJ wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 9:59 am
Their job is to make sure nobody steals things from somebody else, that's why double dips of the same character from different producers have to choose different origin canons to work with. That's why Netflix characters couldn't appear in MCU movies, and their Daredevil had to be Frank Miller's one who didn't have radioactive sonar like Ben Affleck did; that's why the Ghost Rider of "Agents of SHIELD" is the new one who drives a car (and not Nic Cage's motorcycle), and why Sony had to make a Spiderman movie about Miles Morales, and the "other" Peter Parker who broke up with MJ.
And yet.... the next Spidey film actually is set to include all versions, plus Doc Ock, and even now Charlie Cox's Daredevil.