Hallmark Ornaments

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Hallmark Ornaments

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, chances are you own a Hallmark ornament! I have... way too many! Not just of Hallmark but in general. They are just so cute! The 2021 Dream Book has been posted online. It's a PDF of their catalog showcasing upcoming ornaments. You can also click here to view them on their regular shopping site. Going to that link also gives measurements, close-ups and sound bytes for ones that have that feature. I'm still deciding my wish list but here are a few that tickle my fancy --

Sonic & Tails! Naturally! Hands-down my favorite. And a first for Hallmark!

Super NES Console. The nostagia! And it has the cartridge that would almost always be in mine!

Storyteller, based on the Walt Disney/Mickey statue from Disneyland. Beautiful! Love the rustic look. Plus, I don't have a Walt! Missed the last one and that one now goes for a hefty price.

Jaq and Gus, Alice in Wonderland, Bugs Bunny and Baby Finster... the list goes on! Whatever fandom you're into, there's bound to be something for you. Have fun looking! I take no responsibility in the time you lose. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hallmark Ornaments

Post by Bill1978 » April 15th, 2021, 6:39 pm

I had to buy a new Christmas tree last year to accommodate all my Disney/Pixar ornaments which are a combination of Hallmark and Disney Store. It's always a thrill to check out what new ones are released each year. Glad I'm not the only one. I have my fingers crossed that one day they will release one for The Black Cauldron and some of the other less popular films like Atlantis.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2021, 7:15 pm

Yeah, I have bunch from Disney Store too. Since they aren't boxed like Hallmark, I love being able to visit a store (usually once during the holidays) and personally pick out which one has the best paint job, no damage. Easily lose an hour doing that! It's very zen. If I'm going to spend so much, why not try for the best? Fun little tradition. Of course I do that with everything, but ornaments are special.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2021, 7:26 pm

Storytellers is very nice, but I’ve fallen for Steamboat Willie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 15th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Interesting to see Bugs Bunny and Baby Finster getting a Warner-licensed ornament--
Considering that "Baby Buggy Bunny" is usually one of their "unmentionable" cartoons that doesn't get TV play...

Maybe there's hope for a Pepe LePew ornament after all.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2021, 11:36 pm

Alright. WAY too many I'm going to be adding to my wish list. I'll definitely be getting Anna and Elsa (even though, well, I think I have like ten Elsas on my tree by now). Same goes for Rapunzel, but it bugs me she's wearing shoes.

It's also...weird that there's a Rick & Morty Hallmark ornament given the nature of the comedy of that show, but it's also the sort of thing the series will probably make a joke about.

Pepe's had several Hallmark ornaments of the years...including one as recently as 2014, which just goes to show how much crazier things have gotten in a short amount of time. Of course, they sell for quite a pretty penny on eBay right now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2021, 3:01 am

I regret never getting a Pepe. Always meant to but never came across one. Rarely buy online since I always find them via Goodwill or garage sales. Maybe I'll get lucky one day.

Think I have about four Elsa's myself! Although in my defense each one is different enough. A regular resin, decoupage, plush felt and one where she's with Anna. Probably have about five Olaf's...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2021, 4:31 am

Dacey wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 11:36 pm
Rapunzel, but it bugs me she's wearing shoes.
I both love this statement, and am cracked up by it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2021, 2:03 pm

It's from her 2012 redesign. I don't like it either. Well, at least it comes with Pascal.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2021, 3:38 pm

Who? Amy? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 16th, 2021, 4:03 pm

No, Lily! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 16th, 2021, 4:55 pm

I’m going to assume it’s done because of paranoid people thinking children might go shoeless because of her? It’s stupid regardless. It’s one of her defining character traits, which is why it always bugs me when they get it wrong with merch.

It’s not because I’m like Tarantino on feet or anything. Nope. Not at all. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2021, 6:40 am

Years back I had one of Lucy about to enter the wardrobe. It really was beautiful but I have no idea what happened to it. (Maybe it’s in Narnia now! Lol.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 19th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Shame the Grinch ornament doesn't use the original recording. That's part of the fun and magic.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 19th, 2021, 2:31 pm

Well, in fairness, it's only Grinch ornament #289 at this point. ;)