Family Guy

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2005, 8:08 pm

I'm not a Family Guy fan, but this movie is hysterical, and IS worth a rent to get the full uncut version.

Great animated feature pastiches as well - if you liked the South Park movie, this is up your street.

Like I said, not a big fan myself, but I got a big kick outta this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 28th, 2005, 2:24 pm

I wouldn't buy this film but if they showed it on Cartoon Network I'd definetely watch it....
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zoltack » November 29th, 2005, 11:29 pm

Dang! These threads are old. Doesn't anyone post here?

Well anyways I saw the new Family Guy last Sunday and it was just freaking hilarious! American Dad....Meh. Don't really like that show.
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y64/Zoltack/Bambi/?start=0]Bambi Pics and Avatars[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 21st, 2005, 3:30 pm

I don't know if I'll be watching Family Guy again. I seriously doubt it.

There was a joke on last night (was probably an old one anyway) that just did it for me.

In it someone tells Peter that he has to control his appetite, and Peter says: "Yeah, that's gotten me into trouble before..."

And then they do a cut-away to a "movie" scene the way they always do... :roll:

Guess WHICH movie they cut to?? Schindler's List.

It's the scene where the Jews are hiding in the ghetto from the Nazis that are looking for them, you know the part where no one can make a sound because the Nazis will find them if they do. Then the camera cuts to Peter, who's there too, and noisily eating some potato chips.

Not funny AT ALL. I didn't think even Family Guy would go this far. Why not just have Peter tap-dancing on a pile of corpses?

Sorry to bring this up, I just thought it was really wrong. :x
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 21st, 2005, 3:48 pm

...schindler's list? That was an Anne Frank thing.

I thought it was hilarious. And that's a rather old episode, so I'm suprised you're angry at it NOW.

And if you're suprised Family Guy went that far, which isn't very far in the least, how were you EVER able to watch family guy?

EDIT: Are you jewish? If so, I'm wondering if you've ever seen "When you wish upon a weinstien"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 21st, 2005, 3:52 pm

Yeah, I'm Jewish. I saw the Weinstein ep...didn't really like it at first, but now I think it's pretty mild. Especially compared to what I saw last night.

Are you sure that was Ann Frank? I thought the black and white made it clear that it was Schindler.

I don't know...I don't care if they go over-the-top with most things, but I really think the Holocaust should be off limits.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » December 21st, 2005, 4:00 pm

You know, I can understand why ShyViolet is boycotting Family Guy after hearing about the nature of that episode. Even though I'm not Jewish, I still would want to puke if I saw something like that.

Oh, and Violet, something that may make you cheer up; did you watch the recent Simpsons episode The Italian Bob? That made a snappy jab at the copy-cat nature of Family Guy and American Dad. :lol:
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 21st, 2005, 4:15 pm

Ha ha. :lol: Thanks Wonder. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 21st, 2005, 4:30 pm

That spoof made me laugh so hard. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 22nd, 2005, 2:00 am

ShyViolet wrote:Yeah, I'm Jewish. I saw the Weinstein ep...didn't really like it at first, but now I think it's pretty mild. Especially compared to what I saw last night.

Are you sure that was Ann Frank? I thought the black and white made it clear that it was Schindler.

I don't know...I don't care if they go over-the-top with most things, but I really think the Holocaust should be off limits.
Anne Frank was black and white too.

And, in the spoof, I'm pretty sure she's holding her diary too.

I could have understood of they were making a joke about shoving the jews into ovens and turning them into delicious jew pizzas or something, but I thought that joke was INCREDIBLY tame compared to some of the other things they've done on that show.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 22nd, 2005, 4:11 pm

Can't say that I've ever really gotten into Family Guy and certainly not American Dad.

They're all rips from the basic Simpsons concept, itself of course modelled after other family sitcoms.

Enough is enough! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 23rd, 2005, 3:02 pm

You're right, it was Anne Frank. (I checked.) I still don't think it was appropriate, however. There are limits to what people should joke about.
That's just what I think. :?

http://www.familyguyfiles.com/episodes/ ... I'm%20Lyin'

Also:

Code: Select all

During the gag where Peter eats the crunchy potato chips hiding while with ANNE FRANK and family, the scene is black and white except for ANNE FRANK's dress. Her dress is red. This is a reference to the movie SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993). The entire movie is in black and white except for one young Jewish girl that OSCAR SCHINDLER sees during the dismantling of the Jewish Ghetto who is wearing a red dress similar to the one ANNE FRANK has on during this scene. SCHINDLER later sees the same girl's body wearing the red dress in a wagon full of bodies ready to be burned. These two instances are the only color in the movie and that's why ANNE FRANK's dress is red in this scene in the Family Guy

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Family Guy

Post by ShyViolet » April 7th, 2006, 12:03 am

This is so cool: :wink: (I heard about it from Animation Nation)

http://familyguysteals.blogspot.com/

South Park also did a parody of them. Go Matt and Trey.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 7th, 2006, 12:46 am

AND it's a two parter! The Death thing in that blog is completely ridiculous though. South Park didn't invent... Death.

I thought it was hilarious when Cartman yelled at Kyle for comparing him to Family Guy. Matt & Trey said in an interview that people have said that to them about South Park, and they said it was like a bunch in the balls.

Also, their portrayal of Family Guy was spot on.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 7th, 2006, 12:23 pm

That blog is full of it. Some people just can't stand anything that's popular and they think they're so cool for trying to tear it down :roll: .