Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by EricJ » May 5th, 2021, 2:10 am

No, "#2 Flu" as in, the side-effects from Jab #2--Which, Biden is now pushing, needs paid sick time from work, as a national movement.

Our biggest threat now is Florida, whose governor wants to singlehandedly save the country from the "tyranny" of masks and lockdown restrictions, and is going to see that act gets less and less currency by the time the other 49 states find eradication.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2021, 6:30 am

:roll: (and, no, that’s not for you, this time!) ;)

No-one I know has had any reaction to jabba-dabba-two. I’m going myself in a half hour, and everyone says it’s actually less bother than the first one, which did give some people some minor effects — I got a punched arm feel for a the full day after, but then it was gone just as quick.

But "second dose syndrome" means everything is working — it’s a good thing to feel it as that means the immune system is doing its job thanks to the first jab. Or maybe they just aren’t administering it correctly? There was a bit of a minor concern here when they started using trained volunteers instead/as well as nurses and doctors so as to speed things up, but that’s all gone away too.

Anyway, I’m off for mine and will report back (then nothing for three days...) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 5th, 2021, 7:01 am

My second dose is scheduled for Friday morning (May 7th). It's Pfizer .. since that happened to be the vaccine on offer, the day I went for my first shot.

I barely felt any ill effects from that first dose (other than a slightly sore left arm) .. and I'm hoping the same may be the case for my second; I actually have a rather tall workload at the moment, with a looming deadline. However, I'm working from home .. and feel determined to 'power' through the weekend, even if I do end-up feeling a bit crummy. :?

I wouldn't even consider rescheduling my 'second dose' appointment, for any reason! 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 5th, 2021, 9:31 am

In Canada, we are spreading the shots out more, in an effort to get everyone their first dose ASAP. While that decision was controversial, it's worked out well in the UK, and there is mounting evidence that waiting longer may even be beneficial for the individual as well. So, it may be summer before I get #2. Fortunately, vaccinations are cruising along, and we hope to have all adults (who consent to have it) with at least one dose by the end of this month. Uptake has been good, and right now most of my patients have already gotten at least one dose, which makes going to work at the clinic less stressful.

The provincial government announced a reopening plan yesterday, all contingent on vaccination numbers. Regardless of government orders, my family will keep a low profile for at least the summer months. It remains to be seen how well the vaccine goes over with the younger folk (in terms of how many get it), who are of course currently driving our numbers.

Meanwhile, neighboring Alberta is looking at a shutdown, with the worst case numbers per capita in the US or Canada, and daily numbers 10 times higher than Saskatchewan, despite having only 3-4 times our population, so it feels way too early to get too cocky about anything.

No one really knows how long the world will be with the pandemic, but it will be a massive challenge to eradicate the virus, given third world issues, and vaccine hesitancy in even some first world countries. But I have some optimism that things will be better locally in the next few months.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 5th, 2021, 9:48 am

Ben wrote:
May 5th, 2021, 6:30 am
...No-one I know has had any reaction to jabba-dabba-two. I’m going myself in a half hour, and everyone says it’s actually less bother than the first one, which did give some people some minor effects — I got a punched arm feel for a the full day after, but then it was gone just as quick...
Of the four people in my family, three of us were hit hard by the second shot. Luckily it cleared up completely within 48 hours, but it is a real phenomenon.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2021, 12:17 pm

Five hours later, and I’m still okay. No real sigh defects...

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 5th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Mine hit about 12 hours afterwards, but the worst was over about 12 hours after that. Good luck and congrats!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 5th, 2021, 8:13 pm

It does vary a lot. I had a similar reaction to both of my shingles shots in the past several months - fatigue, chills, aches - about 12 hours after the shot; but I slept it off and was fine after. But I had no reaction at all to my first Pfizer shot. There really is no predicting.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2021, 8:52 pm

I seem to be having exactly the same reaction as before. Nothing, and then a "pinch" in my arm as the evening has gone on. I expect I’ll feel like someone has dead-punched my arm all day tomorrow, and then nothing again by Friday. As they say, at least you know something's happening!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » May 8th, 2021, 8:35 am

I'm coming-up on 24 hours since my second Pfizer shot.

Same as Ben .. the only 'symptom' is a mild soreness in my left arm. I did sleep about an hour longer than I usually do .. but -- so far -- no illness/fever/aches, or anything.

Gonna stay cooped-up through the end of this month, to give this the chance to build to full strength. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 8th, 2021, 9:11 am

Yeah, my "dead arm" turned out not to show up, so just that "pinch" the first evening, and a little sore through the night, and then nothing, not even a sore patch now. Jen has another week before she's 100% (well, a nudge over 95% with the Pfizer) and I now have three weeks, and then we are invincible! ;)

With double dose jabba-dabbas-done, and bi-daily tests for back-at-work Jen, it squeezes the chances down so low as to be impossible to pick up, plus our numbers are really good now (just three cases in the whole of our district last week), so even us cautious ones are slowly venturing out...a bit...and cautiously! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 8th, 2021, 10:54 am

Same here, first jab was just a sore shoulder for 48-72 hours, and Jab #2 set for just after Memorial Day.
I'm not a hit-the-beach person, but we should have downtown outdoor-dining weather just by that time.
Ben wrote:
May 8th, 2021, 9:11 am
With double dose jabba-dabbas-done
B-a-d-d-a means "Bad", J-a-b-b-a means "Good".
Oh, what magic in the word we found, by switching the letters around!
Last edited by EricJ on May 8th, 2021, 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 8th, 2021, 11:01 am

I don't' even consider a sore arm a side effect. It's just a natural consequences of having any injection into a muscle. No biggie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 8th, 2021, 2:06 pm

No, no, D-A-B-B-A means "good"! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 8th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Ben wrote:
May 8th, 2021, 9:11 am
...and bi-daily tests for back-at-work Jen...
Twice a day tests?!?

;)