Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by Ben » May 8th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Now that’s interesting! We would say bi-weekly to indicate every two weeks, so I used bi-daily to indicate every two days. We’d say twice daily if we meant...twice daily...! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 8th, 2021, 5:53 pm

True. And "bi-monthly" in publishing certainly means every two months. I guess "bi-daily" just sounded weird.

(In medical terms, we would write "q2d.")

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 8th, 2021, 7:14 pm

I’m betting the 2d in that is for two days...? Just a hunch. ;)

— quasi-2-dimensional Ben. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 17th, 2021, 5:10 pm

For those who keep up with Netflix's "Cells at Work", just imagine what hard WORK the vaccine must be for Memory immunity cells right now:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 20th, 2021, 6:04 pm

We were eligible for our second shot this past week, but were going to wait until we take our teenagers in next weekend, when they'll be eligible too. But the more I thought about it, the more anxious I became to just get 'er done. My wife and I discussed it last night, and decided to go for it. We were so excited to go, that we had trouble sleeping last night, so we got up at 5am to get in line for the drive-thru (there were about 35 cars ahead of us). By 9am, we had gotten our second doses! So grateful.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 20th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Very glad to hear that Rand! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 4th, 2021, 10:39 am

Hey to all my US chums!

Especially after the year we have been having, just wanted to make sure I came in here today to wish you all a big hap-hap-HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

Hope you're all are having a fun — and safe — holiday weekend. :D

— Ben and all from the Old Country! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 4th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Thanks Ben! :) :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 4th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Cheers! 🍴 🎉 🎆

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

How to maintain hope in this world?

Post by GeffreyDrogon » July 16th, 2021, 11:46 am

What's been going on in this world has really been getting to me. Since it feels like COVID-19 is going to kill us all as well as all the political struggles going on in the world make me think that I was born for nothing. It's been hard for me to figure out what I want to do for my future because of that struggle. I am only 21, but I have nothing to really look forward to anymore. I stopped writing my story because I think with how the world is going, no one will be able to read it. I wish I could go back in time and prevent the birth of Jesus to save the world, but I don't know what I want to do with my life.

My worries make it harder for me to be focused on working towards my dreams, and that makes it hard for me to be focused. What do I do?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: How to maintain hope in this world?

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2021, 1:01 pm

You need to go speak to someone professional that can help, that’s what.

An animated films web forum is not really the place or people that are going to be able to get you through this tough time. Please speak to your doctor, who may be able to refer you for counselling. Yes, it’s a pretty tough time for everyone, but I hope you get the help you need. Best of luck. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 16th, 2021, 3:46 pm

And I'd seriously drop the "Atheism is the key to solving the world's problems!" shock-the-teacher jazz, as I've never met a non-neurotic one. EVER. I agree, it's time to stop wringing hands, and start opening mouths, preferably to someone professional who can listen.

Quit taking your own personal problems out on people who don't hit back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 16th, 2021, 4:01 pm

What the hell is wrong with you Eric???

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 16th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Hey Geffrey, I really hope you feel better soon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 16th, 2021, 4:14 pm

What's wrong is that I saw a lot of people in the 90's/early-00's who became burned out on CNN, said "The crazy terrorists and bible-thumping Bush administration are going to kill us all!", put three locks on their doors, and--worst of all--went out to find someone to BLAME for it all scaring them. And that was without disease.

I'm older than 21, and I've seen enough decades to know that, to paraphrase Paul Atreides, fear is not only the Mind-Killer, it's the Jerk-Creator: It causes people to retreat into a safe spot, where even their outside peers are now somehow part of the nameless Problem, and Misery wants Company, it just doesn't want it in person. Especially at an age for people who don't see themselves as part of a larger world yet, who can get out into it and do things to help make the change they're afraid is never coming.
But you have to go outside your door first. Talking to someone is a good excuse to get some practice doing it, and then it gets easier.