Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 27th, 2005, 3:47 pm

Wow this thread is more than a year old! :o

It'll be cool to see people's reactions when the film finally comes out.
(Feels like SO long before June :roll: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 28th, 2005, 11:29 am

ShyViolet wrote:(Feels like SO long before June :roll: )
Particularly for those in school.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2005, 2:02 pm

Yeah, I can imagine....

I'm in college (grad school) but I know High School can be very tedious.

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 30th, 2005, 3:20 pm

I don't know how important this is, but for some reason neither trailer 1 OR trailer 2 show what the plot of Cars is, other than "it's about Cars!" Duh. Other than the brief plot descriptions from websites, I still don't have a solid feeling of what this movie is actually ABOUT. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 31st, 2005, 3:16 am

ShyViolet wrote:I don't know how important this is, but for some reason neither trailer 1 OR trailer 2 show what the plot of Cars is, other than "it's about Cars!" Duh. Other than the brief plot descriptions from websites, I still don't have a solid feeling of what this movie is actually ABOUT. :?
''

Whaaaa? Wasn't it about this racer car that does something wrong or whatever, and gets sent exiled or something to this town with cars that dont' race and stuff, and he has to learn to adapt to life there, and I assume there's going to be an antagonist somewhere.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 5th, 2006, 3:10 pm

Yeah, but I don't think they mention any of that stuff in Trailer 1 or 2. Trailer 1 (the teaser) was the Owen Wilson race car and the redneck truck playing off each other, then a few quick shots of racing cars...

Trailer 2 was a pickup truck apparently high on gasoline and another car playing off each other and...a few quick shots of racing cars.

Not trying to be mean, but this doesn't exactly scream "hit movie!" to me. How much of a plot is there besides the gimmick of cars? At least the second Incredibles trailer (and even the teaser) gave you a solid feel of who the Incredibles are, their conflicts, wants, emotions, etc...

Again, not trying to be mean, but....why exactly SHOULD we care about these cars?

(Yeah, I know my sig is from Cars! :wink: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » January 5th, 2006, 8:04 pm

[quote="ShyViolet"]Yeah, but I don't think they mention any of that stuff in Trailer 1 or 2. Trailer 1 (the teaser) was the Owen Wilson race car and the redneck truck playing off each other, then a few quick shots of racing cars...

Trailer 2 was a pickup truck apparently high on gasoline and another car playing off each other and...a few quick shots of racing cars.

Not trying to be mean, but this doesn't exactly scream "hit movie!" to me. How much of a plot is there besides the gimmick of cars? At least the second Incredibles trailer (and even the teaser) gave you a solid feel of who the Incredibles are, their conflicts, wants, emotions, etc...

Again, not trying to be mean, but....why exactly SHOULD we care about these cars?

(Yeah, I know my sig is from Cars! :wink: )[/quote]

the only reason a lot of people what to watch it. is because pixar made the movie.

other than that it sucks. but i know it is going to do good at the box office because the pixar made it and lot of people think pixar is like god. and a lot of 5 year old boys are going to love it.

but i dont care to much because pixar has made a lot of good good movies.

and cars look like there first jeap movie.

they cant make all there movies super good.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 5th, 2006, 10:51 pm

"Jeap" movie? :?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 5th, 2006, 10:52 pm

It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a Pixar movie. I like the idea of Cars a lot, pixar or not.

And stop with the "jeap" thing. What the hell IS that.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 5th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Oh, wait, I think Bullwinkle meant to say "Cheap".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2006, 8:22 am

No, he meant "Jeep"?

It IS a car movie after all... :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 6th, 2006, 10:13 pm

Timon and Pumbaa: "Oh..."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

well

Post by bawpcwpn » January 7th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Macaluso wrote:
ShyViolet wrote:I don't know how important this is, but for some reason neither trailer 1 OR trailer 2 show what the plot of Cars is, other than "it's about Cars!" Duh. Other than the brief plot descriptions from websites, I still don't have a solid feeling of what this movie is actually ABOUT. :?
''

Whaaaa? Wasn't it about this racer car that does something wrong or whatever, and gets sent exiled or something to this town with cars that dont' race and stuff, and he has to learn to adapt to life there, and I assume there's going to be an antagonist somewhere.
you can read the plot from IMBD as well as if you have watched the latest trailer which was on the net for a few days then taken down at the request of Disney/Pixar - Cars is about Lightning McQueen (the red racing car) who is on a fast track to success when he is on his way to the next race he takes a detour - he speeds and a cop car gets him and he goes to court where he is sentenced to community service in Radiator Springs (the town). There is mater (tow truck) Sally (Porsche) and some other cars (wikipedia has the full list) and its about how he gets himself back together and something like that. You can read about it at the Pixar site.

I think Cars is going to rule!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 7th, 2006, 11:11 pm

If you wanna see the new trailer, just rent the "Toy Story 2" DVD that just hit stores. Or you could buy it, of course.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 9th, 2006, 3:17 pm

Did that, was just about to write about it here. :wink: The newest trailer....LOOKS very cool and I LOVE those cars (just want to dive in and play with them!) but other than that the film seems derivative and tired. The story has no humans, it's an all-car world where one racing car learns that racing and being all cool isn't everything...or something. I couldn't really tell, the trailer was just cute joke after cute joke (with no discernable antagonist.) Y'know, the usual Pixar jokes about being in a "Bug/Monster/Toy world." The theme is kind of "Oh look, they're cars!" or "Oh, look, they're monsters! Their job is to collect screams! Isn't that clever??????" You know what I'm talking about.

Other than that, there didn't seem to be much story.

That's how it seemed to me. :?