"The Wild"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » January 11th, 2006, 5:04 am

I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer... I haven't seen madagascar, but I can't see why madagascar is a lot better? From the screenshots of the trailer once posted here on AN I thought it would be computer game like CGI, but this trailer has proven that it has very high quality CGI. I would like to see it in HD though!
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 11th, 2006, 10:49 am

When I posted those initial screen shots I never mentioned (as I should have) that they were not finished shots.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » January 11th, 2006, 12:53 pm

Jens wrote:I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer... I haven't seen madagascar, but I can't see why madagascar is a lot better? From the screenshots of the trailer once posted here on AN I thought it would be computer game like CGI, but this trailer has proven that it has very high quality CGI. I would like to see it in HD though!
Madascar has an orginal and inovative character design, which is a PLUS for CGi (proving that even cgi just as well as trad. animation, can have a graphic identity just like Hercules, Kuzco or Atlantis or Tarzan had.), a big step forward compared to the lame semi realistic animals from the Wild. Moreover Madasgar got the penguins, they ARE the movie!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 5:14 pm

[/quote] Moreover Madasgar got the penguins, they ARE the movie![/quote]

Acctually if you watch quick they are using penguins, they look abit meaner though and abit too realistic if you ask me.

I just saw the trailer, Did they really think they could pull this off? This film is obviously trying to ride madagascars coat tales, it looks pretty funny but a few of the characters have a "dead doll" apprearance lacking the vibrance of madagascar (the lion & giraffe). They didnt really have to make the same (or some of) animals in the same location in the same sequence, I mean I would rather see jungle animals going to New York than the other way around. And on that note I still wonder why moffasasa and simba-ish lions are being dragged out of the vault for this one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 11th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Acctually if you watch quick they are using penguins, they look abit meaner though and abit too realistic if you ask me
Yeah, those are my sentiments exactly.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 6:35 pm

Haven't seen the trailer yet. I will sometime.

Lino: I like your Avatar.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 6:43 pm

Lino wrote: And on that note I still wonder why moffasasa and simba-ish lions are being dragged out of the vault for this one.
Moffasasa?
I actually laughed a few times during this trailer, and if I remember correctly I didn't have one laugh with the madagascar trailer...
Yeah, me too...I mean I thought Madagascar was very funny, but the trailer stunk. :?

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 6:54 pm

meg: [Moffasasa?

Ya, the father/son lion story in The Wild just is a bit like the lion king, "mofassa" was simba the cubs father in the lion king.

[/quote]Lino: I like your Avatar.[/quote]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 6:57 pm

No no, it's just that you spelled it wrong. It's "Mufasa". :)

Lino

Post by Lino » January 11th, 2006, 6:59 pm

whoops :oops:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 7:05 pm

MUFASA! MUFASA! MUFASA!

Oooooh, it tingles me!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 11th, 2006, 8:50 pm

Lino wrote:whoops :oops:
S'okay. Names from TLK are hard to spell...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 11th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Aye, that they are.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » January 12th, 2006, 12:14 am

Welcome to the forum, Lino!

Lino

Post by Lino » January 12th, 2006, 8:08 am

Mickey: Welcome to the forum, Lino!

Thanks glad 2 be here :D

Meg: Names from TLK are hard to spell...

I'd hate to misspell Rafiki, the U key is so close to the I