The Best Of 2022: Wait, What…It’s Over? Where Did THAT Go?

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Founder
AV Founder

The Best Of 2022: Wait, What…It’s Over? Where Did THAT Go?

Post by James » January 9th, 2023, 8:29 am

Join us for our annual recap of the highlights and lowlights of the past twelve months, including your Readers’ Choice of the top animated movies of the year!

https://animatedviews.com/2023/the-best ... d-that-go/

Do you agree with us? What'd we miss? What did we get wrong? Let us know your thoughts!

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Best Of 2022: Wait, What…It’s Over? Where Did THAT Go?

Post by Dacey » January 10th, 2023, 12:07 am

And, for once, we were on time with this! :) I think the last time we got this up in January was the beginning of--gulp--2020! Obviously, that year took some unexpected turns, but now we're sort of back to "normal" as far as the scheduling of this article goes, at least. :)

I really was happy to have the chance to bring some attention to stuff I would've loved to have done full reviews for if I had more time to do so last year, especially Little Demon, which really is a funny if not extremely NSFW show. And hey, it seems most of us really enjoyed Chip & Dale!

I'm curious if anyone here other than me has watched The House. I'd be curious to hear thoughts on that, or on Wendell and Wild for that matter (which for some weird reason has a PG-13...even though I think, ironically, it's far more kid-friendly than the del Toro Pinocchio!).

Also, I didn't make a "special mention" for something I didn't enjoy this time--largely because I don't think I watched enough to be able to do that. I didn't find Morbius as terrible as others did, but honestly, its existence is kind of worth it for the hilarious memes. The only thing I watched this year that I hated was They/Them, a Peacock "original" horror movie which had potential but I at least ended finding incredibly tone-deaf and even tasteless.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Best Of 2022: Wait, What…It’s Over? Where Did THAT Go?

Post by GeffreyDrogon » January 12th, 2023, 6:48 pm

The only new films I watched this year were Turning Red, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, and Thor: Love and Thunder.