The Queen is alive

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Queen is alive

Post by Valentino » January 30th, 2006, 2:53 pm

”The Snow Queen” is still in development in WDFA (well, you must guess that). For me this is the new “Beauty and the Beast”
It seems now they found the right way to do it. People who read the script say that it’s very “charming” but it’s not the same Andersen’s tale version. Of course it will be a musical.
Last edited by Valentino on January 30th, 2006, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 30th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Uh, can you prove it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » January 30th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Sure it's been in active development the minute Lasseter walked into WDFA, last week. Somebody pushed a button and pretty much like the "Batcave" an entire traditional animation unit, complete with desks appeared out of the floor and the walls. Snow Queen was suddenly up on the storyboard wall along with Don Quichot and My Peoples.... I smell a dodo. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

No

Post by Valentino » January 30th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Meg wrote:Uh, can you prove it?
I can't for now, but this is true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: No

Post by PatrickvD » January 30th, 2006, 5:57 pm

Valentino wrote:
Meg wrote:Uh, can you prove it?
I can't for now, but this is true.
sounds mysterious :wink: Are you working on the film then? :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Valentino » January 30th, 2006, 8:35 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Sure it's been in active development the minute Lasseter walked into WDFA, last week. Somebody pushed a button and pretty much like the "Batcave" an entire traditional animation unit, complete with desks appeared out of the floor and the walls. Snow Queen was suddenly up on the storyboard wall along with Don Quichot and My Peoples.... I smell a dodo. :P

What an imagination! Sadly, you are not working in WDFA, send your resume, try it!
Snow Queen always has been CGI, not traditional.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 30th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Sooo, do you work in WDFA?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 30th, 2006, 10:30 pm

This movie was canned ages ago.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » June 6th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Could 'The Snow Queen' be officially back? We haven't heard any news on an animated Snow Queen in years. The only information has been for the theatrical version.

However, Alan Menken spoke to the Italian press recently while in Milan (where the stage version of "Beauty and the Beast" is about to open).

The interview, posted today, seemed pretty clear that he is working on an animated Snow Queen. I won't hold my breath, but, here it is for you all to dissect:

(translated from Italian)

In his future at Disney?

"I'm preparing the soundtracks of two cartoons, Rapunzel and Snow Queen, and of a live musical film feature of Beauty and the Beast. At the same time I am also working on a musical comedy that will debut in Autumn 2010, Leap of Faith."

Read here.

Thoughts?
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 6th, 2009, 3:19 pm

Neal wrote:"At the same time I am also working on a musical comedy that will debut in Autumn 2010, Leap of Faith."
(The stage version of the Steve Martin movie, for those who don't know.)

So, if Disney v4.0 (or v3.5?) is digging out all its Eisner-killed memos to get production jump-started again, does that mean that Musker & Clements' "Scaredy Cat" might be resurrected out of the wastebasket, with or without CGI?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » June 6th, 2009, 3:24 pm

Wasn't that, "Fraidy Cat"?
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 6th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Neal wrote:Wasn't that, "Fraidy Cat"?
(Might be, but wasn't worth looking up an old Jim Hill article to find out-- :P
And it would never have lasted five minutes in the post-Katzenberg era, but now looks enough like "Bolt" to seem as if it could've been written yesterday, let alone the post-Stainton WDFA-rescue era...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 6th, 2009, 5:04 pm

I must confess, I've never read The Snow Queen or seen any previous film of it, so I don't know the story. Interesting that Disney is working on it, though, especially if Menken is writing the music.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 6th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Always say, if you can't get the Disney version, settle for 80's Shelley Duvall: :D
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 35B6EA8E18