Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Meet the Robinsons

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 6:32 pm

I really love those character designs on the front page. (Although the one kid looks like a human-version of ChickLit.)

So did this get a title change? I thought it was called "A Day With Wilbur Robinson".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 8:47 pm

Yep...a name change.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » October 30th, 2005, 4:23 am

Looks alright to me. I'm just glad the CG humans that Disney and Pixar create look cartoony and not like Princess Fiona, what a disaster that was :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 30th, 2005, 8:29 am

PatrickvD wrote:Looks alright to me. I'm just glad the CG humans that Disney and Pixar create look cartoony and not like Princess Fiona, what a disaster that was :lol:
Eew...don't remind me.

When I saw the thumbnail of this pic, though, I was like, "Whoa! It looks like 2-D!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Meet the Robinsons on Disney Digital 3-D

Post by disneyaholic » November 17th, 2005, 11:38 pm

The following is a press release from Walt Disney Studios that is posted over at http://animationarchive.net:

Walt Disney Pictures will present its newest all CG animated film Meet the Robinsons in Disney Digital 3-D(TM), opening in theaters nationwide December 2006.
Disney Digital 3-D(TM), a brand new state-of-the-art technology providing the first true three-dimensional digital experience, was a tremendous success with the recent release of Walt Disney Pictures Chicken Little. On opening weekend the film brought in a screen average of $26,000 in 79 3-D theaters compared to the overall screen average of $10,961 in over 3600 theaters. To date, Chicken Little has garnered over $83 million at the domestic box-office.

"Following up on the historic debut and success of 'Chicken Little' in Disney Digital 3-D, we anticipate that 'Meet the Robinsons' will be shown on between 750 to 1000 screens with Real D capabilities," said Chuck Viane, president, Buena Vista Pictures Distribution. "Certainly 'Chicken Little,' with its witty story and amazing animation, is a fantastic movie-going experience in any format. However, the box office performance level of the 3-D theaters proves that the public is not only embracing the story but the newest in innovative technology as well. The folks at Dolby Digital, ILM and Real D certainly deserve kudos for their collaboration with us in this revolutionary and highly successful venture."

Based on a bestselling book by William Joyce, Meet the Robinsons leaps into the future in December 2006. When Lewis, a 12 year-old genius inventor, meets a mysterious boy from the future named Wilbur Robinson, the two travel forward in time and spend a day with Wilbur's eccentric family -- a day that will change Lewis' life forever. Meet the Robinsons is directed by Steve Anderson and produced by Dorothy Kim.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » November 23rd, 2005, 3:07 pm

did you here what john aquinc. he is worked on chicken little and know hes working on Meet the Robinsons . and this is what he said about the movie. This one will blow people away he predicted. the story is at the main page of this site.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Meet The Robinsons

Post by chernabog » March 16th, 2006, 3:16 pm

There's an article over at Jim Hill Media about Meet the Robinsons having story problems. Disney have sent it to Pixar to get some help.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1889

What do you guys think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 16th, 2006, 5:12 pm

Jim does have a tendency to over-exaggerate stories like this, but it was an interesting read.

Ha ha - I wonder if the part about BB voicing Ratatouille in the trailer is true.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 16th, 2006, 5:35 pm

I have trouble buying this.

He doesn't seem to have enough facts to get me convinced that MTR is in trouble here.

That being said, you never know for sure.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 17th, 2006, 6:35 am

Yeah, JimHill media does have a tendency to write conspiracy theories all the time and a complete change of the second act so far into production does sound a bit suspicious. Still, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. As for BB doing a voice in the trailer, I read on Wilkpedia that Brad Garret (Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond) was starring and I read somewhere that he was providing the voice of Ratatouille. Surely he would voice him in the trailer as well? And besides, the voices are recorded before animation begins, so the statement about finding someone to play him has gotta be false.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 17th, 2006, 8:01 am

Brad Garret is voicing the chef, not the rat.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » March 17th, 2006, 8:01 am

Wasn't Garet due to voice the Chef and not Ratatouille?
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » March 17th, 2006, 8:07 am

Apologies, my mistake.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 17th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Yeah, I think that John and co will be doing their best to make the Robinsons feature the best it can be, and of course they're going to want to do their own tinkering to projects in production that will begin to emerge under their leadership...

...but I don't think it's anywhere near the big calamity that Hill is saying.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 17th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Yeah, Hill has a tendancy to predict many "calamities".... :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!