AV Founder

Post by James » April 16th, 2006, 5:36 pm

"Yo!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2006, 12:28 am

Though we haven't discussed it in a long time, here's an update on Family Guy:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... yoffs.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 30th, 2006, 1:33 am

One word :shock:

1. I love Family Guy! :P

2. I really hope Seth and Fox don't do something they regret :?

Please! I hate it when a creator wants a pay raise and the co doesn't want to give in. But I'm getting ahead of myself, there's still hope! :)

I don't blaim Seth though, he really should get the raise. His shows are doing very good in the ratings, and merchandise is selling like hotcakes!

We just got the show back, don't let this happen! T_T

Btw.... I'm half exagerating :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2006, 1:40 am

Don't sweat it, The Simpsons went through this same exact thing with the voice actors some years back (I think it was 1999 or 2000) and they're still going strong! :)

It's Hollywood....this happens a lot. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 30th, 2006, 3:17 am

Nah... I won't worry to much :) :?

I doubt anything would happen to FG but there's always IF.

Simpsons I seriously doubt since Matt sees no end, and eveyone is friends.

I guess I worry a little because its happen to shows I love (the voice actor issue)

One sticks out and that's Pokemon! :( I'm a huge fan and since last month the show started its 9th season on CN, and they completly changed all the voices. Meaning their all new, and sound-alikes.

There good, but it will never be the same :?

I'm betting nobody watches it, so I'm probably speaking Japanese to everyone. Oh well, just know it hurt me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » October 30th, 2006, 10:13 am

Daniel Jake wrote:2. I really hope Seth and Fox do do something they regret :?
Fixed. ;)

I'm sorry, but I just find Family Guy to be overrated. The writing is okay, but it baffles me to see how it could get so popular. And the characters look freaking ugly. :x
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 30th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Wonderlicious wrote:
Daniel Jake wrote:2. I really hope Seth and Fox do do something they regret :?
Fixed. ;)

I'm sorry, but I just find Family Guy to be overrated. The writing is okay, but it baffles me to see how it could get so popular. And the characters look freaking ugly. :x
Wo'h I actually thought for a second I wrote that, but I got your joke :wink:

Its popular because its funny :? Not to mention its a show that pushes the bar and gets away with it. That, and everybody loves the pop culture references :)

I think the charaters of America Dad look freaking ugly, Family Guy looks way better. But that's me :P

There's also two key ingrediants for its popularity..... Stewie......and Brian...... Stewie is the baby on a never ending quest to kill his mom :? And Brian is the sarcastic dog who drinks and always has something to say....

But..... Overated? I wouldn't say that :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 30th, 2006, 6:16 pm

No, not everybody likes the pop culture references. There are so many jokes that rely on nothing but the references, and it gets old sometimes.

Stewie is no longer this evil genious baby on a quest to kill his mom and rule the world. I don't know why they suddenly turned Stewie into this pretty much homosexual character, but it sucks that they stopped doing anything with his evil genious stuff.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2006, 7:07 pm

I don't know why they suddenly turned Stewie into this pretty much homosexual character, b
Yeah but didn't he like girls sometimes too? :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 30th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Macaluso wrote:No, not everybody likes the pop culture references. There are so many jokes that rely on nothing but the references, and it gets old sometimes.
It does get old sometimes but many feel the pop culture reference is what makes FG unique, and what it was intended to be built around with :P
Macaluso wrote: Stewie is no longer this evil genious baby on a quest to kill his mom and rule the world. I don't know why they suddenly turned Stewie into this pretty much homosexual character, but it sucks that they stopped doing anything with his evil genious stuff.
That is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like the lack of Stewie trying to be evil that gets old :evil:

How are they turning Stewie's character into a somewhat homosexual? He's always been odd, and he's been with a few girls.

Pretty much all the characters are weired sometimes, Quigmire keeps changing his mind and does it with anyone :?

There's more :roll: but you get the jist :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 30th, 2006, 11:39 pm

He started turning into this homosexual character when they got the series back on after being cancelled. The movie was the only thing recently that had Stewie trying to go back to his evil ways.

Quagmire is another problem. The fact that they made Quaqmire fall in love was just too weird to watch.