The Thief & The Cobbler: ReCobbled Cut

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2006, 7:13 pm

This sounds so awesome....will it ever be available in a mass-market way? (Guess you would have to works something out with Miramax?)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » May 4th, 2006, 5:06 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 4th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Hey, long time no see! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » May 5th, 2006, 12:27 am

Yeah, it's been a while. Nice to be back. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 6th, 2006, 7:53 pm

The You Tube stuff are parts of Garrett's refurbished cut.

It's all still being worked on. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » May 10th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Contact me about that, Fani?

I'm extremely, extremely proud to tell you that the Thief and the Cobbler, Recobbled Cut, is now complete and available on unofficial DVD. Email me at tygerbug (at) yahoo.com for more info.

+ The Thief and the Cobbler: Recobbled Cut
The definitive unofficial presentation of this classic film. Painstakingly restored.
Features:
- A Conversation with Roy Naisbitt
- A Conversation with Alex Williams
- Image Gallery
- Recobbled Cut Trailer
- Arabian Knight Trailer
"Deleted Characters" section featuring:
- Enchanted Prince Bubba: Witch sequence
- Princess Meemee - Bath sequence
- Mullah Nasruddin: Bread sequence
- Animated menus featuring pencil tests from the original film
- Restoration commentary by Garrett Gilchrist (coming)

Patrick McCart wants me to record a fan commentary talking about the commentary, so I'll probably add that eventually, but for now, I am ready to send out copies.

And here are some screen grabs from my favorite special feature, the montages about the deleted characters of Meemee, Bubba and Nasruddin, which I've narrated.

So, time to rejoice! Tell yer friends. tygerbug(at)yahoo.com.

By the way, if you've been trying to reach me via PM at originaltrilogy.com, email me again at this address as I can't get PMs. For those who didn't hear, I've been kicked off of that site for disagreeing with a moderator who was telling people his laserdisc transfer was better than an official DVD. Bit of advice - no matter how amazingly dumb a moderator is being, don't point it out, they can make your life hell. The internet is run by children. They've made rather a mess of the thread. Oh well, project's done now!
http://orangecow.org

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2006, 7:43 am

Been continuing to read the alternative thread on this, tyger, and have asked my friend for some time with his DVD-Ram deck to capture the extra stuff you need.

BTW, as well as the Cobbler disc, what's the tally on the optional extra discs, and how far down the line are they?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 12th, 2006, 3:25 am

Will this eventually come to regular stores? *Hopes* I'm kind of paranoid about ordering stuff on-line.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 12th, 2006, 8:51 am

No, Vi...

Read the threads...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by tygerbug » May 15th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Nope, this won't be released in stores. This is a fan thing only. I'm hoping it will spur Disney to actually give this film the restoration it deserves.

>> Been continuing to read the alternative thread on this, tyger, and have asked my friend for some time with his DVD-Ram deck to capture the extra stuff you need.

Wonderful! I'm desperate to see it. =)

>>BTW, as well as the Cobbler disc, what's the tally on the optional extra discs, and how far down the line are they?

Currently I'm up to 11 discs .... more coming. These discs are done, but of course the stuff you come up with will only help them get better.

You can now view pretty much the entire movie at Youtube and we're working on an AVI torrent. For the proper DVD contact me.
http://orangecow.org

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 26th, 2006, 6:55 pm

There's an interview on cartoon brew about this:

www.cartoonbrew.com

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 26th, 2006, 8:27 pm

I got a copy of this a few weeks ago. I haven't got a chance to dig deep into it yet, but what I've seen so far is very impressive.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2006, 5:30 am

I haven't got one yet, but I feel cheeky asking for one when I haven't managed the time to get my materials to tyger for better quality extras and am waiting on until I can go for the whole set.

Soon, tyger...soon...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 11th, 2006, 9:37 pm

I just saw some of this on YouTube....it was incredible! The strangest animated film I've ever seen, even more so than Triplettes of Bellville. I loved what I saw though. It felt just like a dream or something. I feel like I know so much more now that I watched those clips. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 5th, 2006, 5:16 pm

I've seen parts of this again....and even though we've discussed this, it still completely amazes me how much of the film's design (characters and scenery) resembles Disney's Aladdin!

:?

Watching that WB merchindise/liscancing promotion for Cobbler is quite sad. :( You can't help wonder what might have been.

(But I am completly nuts about the Scheherazade Arabian Nights music in the background...one of my fave classical pieces ever. :) Hearing it while watching those images is completely hypnotic.)