Disney Pixar's Cars

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » July 6th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Hey! I have never hijacked a thread like that before. Besides, I believe it was SV who commented about my avatar (thanks again, SV! :)), so =P to you, Brandon! ;)

And so what if he's only in 2 scenes? They're 2 of my favorite scenes. ^o^

But yes, let's get back to the topic of Cars, although I don't know what else to say about it. I'm running out of good stuff. Umm...

Did anyone know that Guido is voiced by a Pixar crew member who is also named Guido? I think that's cool. It's so neat how the creators can interact with their work.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 6th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Ok - So I'm walkin' through Wal-Mart today when a piece of Cars merchandise catches my eye. It's a race-track with cars and remote controls in which you can race Lightning and Doc. What caught my eye though is that it's a figure 8 track just like the one Bob and Dash are playing with in The Incredibles. The remotes are even identicle. Now what's driving me nuts is that I'm not near my Incredibles DVD to freeze the scene and see if Bob and Dash are racing a red and blue car. I'm wondering if this may be another little pre-nod to Cars in The Incredibles kinda like the pre-nod to The Incredibles in Finding Nemo wher the girl is reading the Mr. Incredible comic strip. =)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » July 6th, 2006, 11:08 pm

I instantly went for my DVD and got you these screenshots:

You can clearly see that the 2 cars are red and blue, but you can also see that they're not Lightning and Doc.

However, I'm convinced that this was done on purpose.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by DElf4242 » July 6th, 2006, 11:18 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Did anyone know that Guido is voiced by a Pixar crew member who is also named Guido? I think that's cool. It's so neat how the creators can interact with their work.

~~=oP
They've got Guido Quaroni in one of the sections of the Monsters, Inc. disc 2, in the "Hard Parts" section of the "Animation" door. I was watching disc 2 just for the heck of it this morning, and when I saw him come up I was all, "Hey, it's Guido!" After listening to him, though, I swear he must have taken helium or something for the part.
Brandon Neeld wrote:... kinda like the pre-nod to The Incredibles in Finding Nemo wher the girl is reading the Mr. Incredible comic strip. =)
I'm pretty sure it was a little boy... :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/delf4242/supahgenius.gif[/img]

My other car is a Gyoza.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by DElf4242 » July 6th, 2006, 11:36 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Did anyone know that Guido is voiced by a Pixar crew member who is also named Guido? I think that's cool. It's so neat how the creators can interact with their work.

~~=oP
Yeah; I was watching disc 2 of Monsters, Inc. this morning, just for the heck of it, and they've actually got Guido Quaroni talk a bit about I believe the scene where Sulley crashes his sled in the Himalayas, in the "Hard Parts" feature behind the "Animation" door. When I saw him, I was all, "Hey, it's Guido!" After hearing him talk, though, I swear he must have taken some helium or something for the part in Cars.
Brandon Neeld wrote:... kinda like the pre-nod to The Incredibles in Finding Nemo wher the girl is reading the Mr. Incredible comic strip. =)

I'm pretty sure it's a boy... :P

My other car is a Gyoza.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pizza Planet Truck

Post by bawpcwpn » July 7th, 2006, 1:11 am

I am still stuck as to where the Pizza Planet Truck is in The Incredibles. I mean it is dead easy to spot in Cars. But I still haven't found it in the Incredibles.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » July 7th, 2006, 1:16 am

No way! It's in the Incredibles movie? I know it's in the video game, but that's not the same, is it? Heheh.

Have you heard of such a thing, or are you assuming that it's in there? I already have my DVD ready to go!

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 7th, 2006, 1:41 am

Well I have heard it is there and I am assuming it is there because it appears in every other Pixar film.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 7th, 2006, 3:31 am

*sigh* - Thanks DetailMan - you've done it again. I dunno - guess I'm always to busy paying attention to the comic to notice what the kid reading it actually looks like =P

And (in an effort to nip the same debate here that got nasty at I-kronos in the bud) the Pizza Planet Truck is NOT in The Incredibles. Nobody has ever come up with a definitive screenshot showing its location despite having checked every scene with cars in that movie. I know DElf will back me up on this one because if ANYONE could spot it he could and despite his best efforts it just hasn't happened. Isn't that right DetailMan?

Also - thanks for the shots PV - I agree it's not Lightning and Doc and the toy one I saw is designed to be a bit more like a dirt track but the controlers, red and blue car, and figure 8 over-pass style track have GOT to be more than just coincidences to some extent. =D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

hmmm

Post by bawpcwpn » July 7th, 2006, 4:07 am

Brandon Neeld wrote:And (in an effort to nip the same debate here that got nasty at I-kronos in the bud) the Pizza Planet Truck is NOT in The Incredibles. Nobody has ever come up with a definitive screenshot showing its location despite having checked every scene with cars in that movie. I know DElf will back me up on this one because if ANYONE could spot it he could and despite his best efforts it just hasn't happened. Isn't that right DetailMan?
Yeah same. I went through the entire highway scene frame by frame looking for it.
Well It just seems strange considering that it has been in EVERY other pixar feature film except now I guess The Incredibles.

Oh well. I'll get over it eventually. hehe.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » July 7th, 2006, 4:12 am

I too combed through that highway scene, but I failed to find the Pizza Planet truck. I shall always be on the hunt for it from this moment on.

But remember Brandon when I was playing the game and I kept crashing into it? XD I gave poor Dash a killer headache.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 7th, 2006, 4:21 am

I remember - but it's not in the movie. When Brad got to Pixar he wasn't big on tributes, traditions, and in-jokes. It took a while for him to get settled in and used to all that. Remember, the decision to even put John Ratzenburger in The Incredibles was last minute. =)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 7th, 2006, 4:41 am

Well next up is Ratatouille and he better remeber to put it in that! hehe. I wonder if there will be a french Pizza Planet.
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by DElf4242 » July 7th, 2006, 11:06 am

Yes, I will back Brandon up on the Pizza Planet truck's non-existence in The Incredibles, even if I am a bit late to do so. Been through every scene in the movie that has cars in it multiple times in as close to frame-by-frame as my DVD-playing program will let me (as our DVD player is a piece of crap and refuses to take the The Incredibles DVD), with no results. I still think that they should've put a little die-cast Pizza Planet truck in Bob's study, but that's a different matter.

Personally, I'm still a tad bit miffed and Brad Bird for not adopting Pixar traditions so readily, but I can forgive him somewhat because the movie's that good.

I'm pretty sure Pizza Planet truck will be in Ratatouille, since a) Brad came on fairly late, and b) he's more a part of the Pixar family now and should be more open to their traditions. John Ratzenberger was last-minute in The Incredibles, but for Ratatouille he's already said that he has a part, and I'm willing to bet that it's a bit bigger than The Underminer.

My other car is a Gyoza.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » July 7th, 2006, 4:18 pm

DElf4242 wrote:Personally, I'm still a tad bit miffed and Brad Bird for not adopting Pixar traditions so readily, but I can forgive him somewhat because the movie's that good.
Well remember that the reason Pixar brought Brad in was to stir things up. I mean, he wasn't going to completely block out anything Pixar had done in the past. He just did the movie his way...not that I mind it. ;)

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]