Scariest movie you ever saw?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Scariest movie you ever saw?

Post by ShyViolet » July 11th, 2006, 10:39 pm

I would have to say The Ring. That movie terrified me for days. Plus I got nightmares. (as many people did.)

I also saw A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child last night (hadn't seen it in like ten years or so.) Kinda seems stupid now, but still pretty disturbing.

28 Days Later is no picnic, either. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » July 11th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Barney's Great Adventure.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 11th, 2006, 10:52 pm

Ha ha! :D

Well if we're talking "horrible movie" scary, it would probably have to be "My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas" that I only saw because my friend's 2-year-old would watch it constantly. :)

It was new, outsourced animation, not the original series from the 80s. Boy did it look awful. :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on July 13th, 2006, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Re: Scariest movie you ever saw?

Post by PixarVixen » July 11th, 2006, 10:59 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I would have to say The Ring. That movie terrified me for days. Plus I got nightmares. (as many people did.)
What is it about The Ring that scares so many people? I just find it creepy, not scary. The only disturbing scene was when the horse went under the ship.

As for me, the scariest movies I've ever seen are the Dentist movies. I know they're really stupid, but man, do they terrify me.

I also can't ever watch House Of 1,000 Corpses again...ever.

When it comes to scary movies, the only kind that actually scare me are the ones that could happen in real life. Nothing could ever come out of your TV and kill you, but a doctor could go psycho on you if he really wanted to.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 12th, 2006, 2:38 am

Well I saw it when I was 8, and at that time it scared the heck out of me and that was Jaws. Couldn't go back in the water for a while.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » July 12th, 2006, 9:01 am

I try to avoid watching horror films because afterwards i become a wreck.

But i did see The Ring and that film really freaked me out. But it probably didnt help that while watching it for the first time my phone rang after they showed The Tape, and that when it was over i hit the wrong button on my remote and the picture went static.

But the scariest non-scary movie i have seen is The Son of the Mask, that baby freaked me out.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 12th, 2006, 9:19 am

The Poltergeist. Yes, I'm lame.

Scariest non-scary movie - Snow White and the Three Stooges.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 12th, 2006, 9:51 am

The scariest film I've seen recently is the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". All time (don't laugh, I was 14) I'd have to say "Scream". The first time I saw it was on Halloween night and I was all alone in the house. For about a week after that I was scared to be in the house alone (which I was a lot). Then my sister forced me to watch it a second time and that did it. It never scared me again and has become one of my favorite films. As PV said, the scariest movies are the ones that could actually happen.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 12th, 2006, 8:55 pm

What is it about The Ring that scares so many people?
I'd have to say the dream-like imagery and surreal atmosphere. It's that kind of stuff that frightens me most. I might get a little scared in monster/zombie/killer films, but not really frightened. So many monsters look so fake anyway (especially CGI ones.) And rubber/puppet ones too--I can't believe I used to be afraid of the Gremblins! :roll: :roll:

But Freddie Kruger films...well, that's another story. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 13th, 2006, 10:31 am

The Freddie Krueger films are great! Although, last year I borrowed the Elm Street boxset from a friend so I could see them all and I literally had nightmares for a week. The dreams were so vivid and seemed to be happening so much that I began to wonder if maybe Freddie is actually real (I'm still wondering). For a whole week, every time I fell asleep (even afternoon naps) he came after me and almost got me before I woke up. I started saying the Dream Master chant before I went to sleep and he left me alone after that.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 13th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Rock Hudson in John Frankenheimer's "Seconds" (1966).

Try and catch it and tell me that it doesn't leave you with the most creepy feeling ever.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 13th, 2006, 4:07 pm

That sounds like an interesting film...I'm just wondering....didn't he also direct The Island of Dr. Moreau with Marlon Brando (1996)?

Weird as it may sound, I actually found parts of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" a little creepy....even though I loved that film. :roll:

The opening of Batman Returns was also a bit scary...with baby Penguin getting dumped in the river and all and his parents locking him up in a cage.... :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » July 16th, 2006, 10:25 am

eddievalient wrote:The scariest film I've seen recently is the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". All time (don't laugh, I was 14) I'd have to say "Scream". The first time I saw it was on Halloween night and I was all alone in the house. For about a week after that I was scared to be in the house alone (which I was a lot). Then my sister forced me to watch it a second time and that did it. It never scared me again and has become one of my favorite films. As PV said, the scariest movies are the ones that could actually happen.
speaking of the Texas chainsaw Massacare has anyone heard about the remake of this film?
i really hope they dont mess it up.
I've only seen the poster and it looks good.
hope we see a teaser soon though.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 16th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Wasn't it already released?

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808412006&cf=info

Or is it a sequel to the re-make?

EDIT: Oh, you meant this:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/texas_c ... beginning/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » July 18th, 2006, 12:04 am

ya thats what i meant.
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]