Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » July 21st, 2006, 12:52 am

PatrickvD wrote:and Ninja Turtles? come on, nobody gives a crap about ninja turtles anymore.
Amen.
~a-G :wink:
Last edited by animated_guy on July 21st, 2006, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » July 21st, 2006, 1:43 am

Speaking of TMNT - the teaser is up at Apple.com
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wonderboy » July 21st, 2006, 5:49 am

Well, have been reading this forum for a long time, and finally decided to Join. Now back to the topic. Well judging from the pictures of the cast, I really cannot wait to watch enchanted. Its better than the pics of transformers the movie. FOr me, I'd rather watch enchanted than transformers. But then again not everyone thinks like me, so we just have to wait and see what happens that weekend I suppose

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2006, 7:18 am

Expect one of those to move dates...

I've heard rumblings that Enchanted may move a little earlier.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 21st, 2006, 7:53 am

Ben wrote:I've heard rumblings that Enchanted may move a little earlier.
I could live with that! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by animated_guy » July 21st, 2006, 2:36 pm

wonderboy wrote:Well, have been reading this forum for a long time, and finally decided to Join.
Welcome to The animated News Forum!
~a-G :wink:
[img]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/gerardo7412/800px-Ratatouille_Trailer.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » July 27th, 2006, 2:01 am

When I first heard about "Enchanted" on jimhillmedia.com, I thought the premise sounded really corny. But the more I hear about it, the more excited I become about the project. It seems like Disney is slowly bringing back 2D, something I've sorely missed the past few years. Also the collaboration between Menken and Schwartz is very encouraging. I think this movie could really be a hit!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2006, 11:23 am

Funnily enough, by the time Enchanted hits, we won't really have missed Disney feature animation as much as we thought we had.

It won't even have quite been three years between this and Home On The Range, and less if you include some of the better DTVs, which is nothing compared to the years and years waiting between Robin Hood in 1973 and The Rescuers in 1977, or The Fox And The Hound in 1981 and The Black Cauldron in 1985 - four years between them each!

And with The Frog Princess on the way (any bets that Schwartz is Menken's lyricist again on that one?), and more shorts, we're looking good!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 27th, 2006, 11:48 am

We are looking good indeed! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 28th, 2006, 5:25 pm

This looks old school, classic Disney, It looks and sounds like Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, The Princess Diaries, Sleeping Beauty and Newsies mixed together for a delicious Disney flick...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 28th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Nice, and I can see why they are using her face, but that really should be the animated princess popping up from the road and looking out into a rougher, meaner, New York City.

I mean, right now, it's kind of like "Glitter" :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 29th, 2006, 10:10 am

Ben wrote:Nice, and I can see why they are using her face, but that really should be the animated princess popping up from the road and looking out into a rougher, meaner, New York City.

I mean, right now, it's kind of like "Glitter" :(
The fact that they haven't used any traditional stuff is probaply because it's not completed yet. Either way it looks good to me.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 29th, 2006, 5:11 pm

Nice poster image. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 29th, 2006, 6:42 pm

Of course the traditional stuff isn't completed!

But this is a teaser image and all the characters have been designed and are being animated.

So that doesn't mean there are not images available that could be used. I think they're holdingback on us at this point.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 29th, 2006, 8:44 pm

Yeah, when the Beauty poster came out they still didn't even know what the Beast was going to look like, but they still had that very creative sillouete of Belle and Beast together.

:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!