The Little Mermaid

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 8th, 2006, 4:26 pm

WOW YOU LUCKY GUY.... :shock: :wink: :)

as an aside, Menken did mention that the forthcoming THE LITTLE MERMAID Broadway show does contain several new songs .. including two sung by Scuttle!)
Wow! :) Are those brand-new songs or ones that were deleted from the original version? (of which there were quite a few, I think.)

Thanks for the post! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 8th, 2006, 6:36 pm

They mentioned that Buddy Hackett had written a song for Scuttle to sing and that it got rejected for inclusion in the original movie. Hackett, however, did perform it later on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Then they mentioned there are two Scuttle songs in the Broadway version but didn't say if one of them was Buddy Hackett's song.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » September 9th, 2006, 5:59 am

Hey...is there going to be a front page report on this screening? :D
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 9th, 2006, 10:50 am

I'm going to cobble something together.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » September 9th, 2006, 2:30 pm

I can't wait to see "The Little Match Girl". I'm glad they followed through with the original, unconventional ending.

Has anyone heard the Broadway Demo of "The Little Mermaid"? Most of the songs are quite good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » September 9th, 2006, 2:59 pm

This film has a special place in my heart, truly and easily the best film of the post Walt era. Ranking up there with Pinocchio as the absolute best of Disney's famous adpatations. Brilliant from start to finish.

I know Beauty and the Beast was the one that came with a "Walt would be Proud" promotion, but I think it's The Little Mermaid that he could be most proud of. A timeless classic. I expect the dvd sales to be huge. This film is incredibly popular.

I really wish I could see it on the big screen again sometime. I still feel stupid for not seeing it in 97.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jake » September 10th, 2006, 2:40 am

As much as I love "The Little Mermaid", I always find it hard to rank the films from 1989-1999, as I love them all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 10th, 2006, 12:16 pm

Yeah, I really don't bother pitting them against each other.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 10th, 2006, 7:52 pm

I saw the film again today at the El Capitan, and I think it's worth mentioning that they are not screening THE LITTLE MATCH GIRL as part of the program; it looks like that was especially for the premiere event.

It will be available as an 'extra' on the forthcoming DVD, though ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 11th, 2006, 2:30 am

An article I wrote here a week or two ago specified that Matchgirl would only be shown on opening night.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2006, 9:16 am

"Christian finds out the hard way that not all readers read every word..." ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 11th, 2006, 3:24 pm

"dah, I did'n know dere wuz gonna be a test, teach' .." :shock:

/need I say: juuuuust kidding .. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » September 11th, 2006, 5:33 pm

Not a problem. I write stuff to inform people. You may have noticed that the guy who started the thread at Animation Nation said he was surprised at all the people who appeared on the panel discussion. He would've known who would be there if he'd read my entries. Most of them were mentioned in the official Disney press release but Alan Menken was only mentioned by somebody in charge of communications at Disney by e-mail to me and maybe a couple other people who could then mention it on their sites.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » September 18th, 2006, 10:56 am

By the way, what music plays during the end credits? I'm asking as I really want to know if it's teeny-bopper music or not (please tell me it's not teeny-bopper... :( ).
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » September 18th, 2006, 5:05 pm

The 'end title' music is a reprise of "Under the Sea" sung by Sebastian, followed by Ariel's reprise of "Part of That World."