The Simpsons

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 19th, 2006, 8:57 pm

Actually you can either buy one or the other, not both.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 20th, 2006, 8:26 am

Someone could buy both if they wanted to though! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 21st, 2006, 12:36 pm

That's true... :wink: I really don't like the heads though...I had the Homer head for the sixth season and it's very flimsy and annoying to open and close. Now I only stick to the boxes. :wink:

According to "Homer" on Amazon.com these are the episodes. Some of the best in the series here! :)

Treehouse of Horror VII": (a) The Thing and I: Bart finds out he has an evil Siamese brother Hugo; (b) The Genesis Tub: Lisa conducts experiments with her fallen baby tooth and creates a mini society. When she is zapped into miniature size, she warns the little society against the "Dark One" (Bart); (c) Kang and Kodos come to earth posed as Bob Dole and Bill Clinton. Of course, with the two-party system, one of them has to win.
"You Only Move Twice": Homer begins working for Hank Scorpio who is a pleasant and fun boss despite his plans for global terrorism and extortion.
"The Homer They Fall": Homer becomes a boxer with Moe as his manager. All goes well until he has to fight Drederick Tatum. Great Mike Tyson and Don King characters.
"Burn, Baby Burns": Mr. Burns finds out he has a long-lost son (voiced by Rodney Dangerfield) who becomes bosom buds with Homer. Love the line: "This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet."
"Bart After Dark": After Bart damages property at an spooky old house, Homer forces Bart to work at the house which turns out to be a burlesque house.
"A Milhouse Divided": Milhouse's parents get divorced and his dad decides to becomes a [bad] singer.

"Lisa's Date with Density": Lisa develops a crush on bully Nelson Muntz and thinks she can change him. I love the scene where Nelson throws a rock at a window and tries to tell Lisa the cops are chasing him and he needs a hideout only to have Homer open the window to tell him Lisa's room is the next window over. I also love the auto-dialer sub-story.
"Hurricane Neddy": One of my all-time favorites. Ned Flanders's house is the only one destroyed in a hurricane and he begins to question his faith. In a flashback, we find out how he started saying doodily, diddily, as a why to hold in rage.
"The Mysterious Voyage of Homer": This is a weird one. Homer eats a bad pepper at a chili cook-off and hallucinates about a coyote who urges Homer to find his soul mate.
"The Springfield Files:" X-Files take-off.
"The Twisted World of Marge Simpson": After being booted out of the Investorettes club for being too conservative, Marge buys a pretzel franchise but keeps hitting stumbling blocks to success. Homer decides to recruit the services of Fat Tony.
"Mountain of Madness": This one is also a little odd. During a survival retreat for the nuclear power plant, Mr. Burns and Homer are snowed-into a cabin and eventually start hallucinating.

"Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala("doh!")cious": The Simpsons need a nanny and hire Mary Pop..,uh,...Shary Bobbins.
"The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show": Homer becomes the voice of a new cartoon character who doesn't go over very well.
"Homer's Phobia": Homer meets a funny guy who runs a collectible shop "Cockamamies" (gotta love that name) named John and is shocked when he discovers John, uh, prefers the company of men. Worst of all, Homer thinks John is influencing Bart.
"Brother From Another Series": (Great title). Sideshow Bob is released from prison and joins forces with his brother Cecil (voiced by David Hyde Pierce, of course, Sideshow Bob is voiced by Kelsey Grammer--get the title?). Could Bob actually be the good guy in this episode???
"My Sister, My Sitter": Lisa becomes Bart's baby sitter and Lisa is afraid she's killed her brother after knocking him down the stairs. This one is a little over-the-top.

"Homer Vs. The Eighteenth Amendment": One of my all-time favorites! Prohibition starts up again in Springfield and Homer assists Moe in creating a speakeasy. Can Homer out-fox Rex Banner?
"Grade School Confidential": Principal Skinner and Mrs. Krabappel start a romance and create controversy at Springfield Elementary. The Skinner is a virgin thing was a little much.
"The Canine Mutiny": Bart gets hold of a fake credit card and buys all kinds of stuff including a pedigree collie, Laddie. When repo-men come to collect the stuff, Bart gives them Santa's Little Helper instead of Laddie and soon regrets the decision.
"The Old Man and the Lisa": Mr. Burns, who's recently lost his fortune, joins forces with Lisa to create a recycling plant. Of course, Mr. Burns could never turn this plant into an evil operation...yeah, right! I love Moe's line about the "Little Lisa" logo: "Ah, isn't that cute. It makes Little Debbie look like a pile of puke."
"In Marge We Trust": Marge becomes the "Listen Lady" and burned-out Mr. Lovejoy is worried she has become more popular than him with his flock.
"Homer's Enemy": Frank Grimes is the new employee at the nuclear power plant and, unlike everyone else, he doesn't accept Homer's incompetence. A very dark episode.
"The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase": A 1970s-style variety show take-off of The Brady Bunch. Just as Jan refused to participate, Lisa is replaced by an actress who looks just like her...yeah, right!
"The Secret War of Lisa Simpson": Bart is forced to enlist in military school and, impressed by the discipline which seems odd since Lisa is such a free thinker that one would not think she'd be attracted to the unquestioning soldier's life, she decides to join, too. And all the boys accept her...uh, no.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 21st, 2006, 2:24 pm

Sherrie Bobbins is a classic, but we've been there before! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 2nd, 2006, 9:25 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 11th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Sherrie Bobbins is a classic, but we've been there before! Smile

I saw it again last night! :D It was sooooo funny!

(Sherri)
"If there's a job that must be done,
don't turn your tail and run,

Don't put,
don't sob

Just do a half-a**ed job!

(Sherri)
"If you cut every corner it is really not so bad, everybody does it, even Mom and Dad!

If nobody sees it, then nobody gets mad....

(All)
It's the American wayyyyy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2006, 11:16 pm

Just wanted to say that there actually are a few good ones in Season 9--The Simpsons go to New York City, Ralph Wiggum and Bart become friends, Marge becomes a Real Estate agent, Springfield uncovers the remains of what may or may not be an angel, and of course who can forget the "Carny" episode with Homer making friends with a Carnival guy and his son. (One of Jim Varney's last performances, an animated role just like Slinky. :))

But after Season 9? It just gets...painful. Good episodes become as rare as gems. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 22nd, 2006, 2:16 pm

ShyViolet wrote: But after Season 9? It just gets...painful. Good episodes become as rare as gems. :(
Painful? I agree that after season 9 there are few 'great' episodes but they still continue to be good. I'm a huge Simpson fan and they haven't lost me. I give it more credit because you can't do a show for 17 years, and be consistant some things have to change. In the past season I found a lot of episodes that were great! one where Lisa turns Willie into a proper gentleman. and I'm not sure if this was last years but the one where Selma adopts a Japanese baby.

Those are all 'great' in my opinion. But like I said I'm a huge fan so I might be biased. But I'm a harsh critic and something has to be good for me to acknowledge it -.- if its any concellation ^^

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 23rd, 2006, 5:24 am

Painful? I agree that after season 9 there are few 'great' episodes but they still continue to be good.

I'm also a pretty big fan, but there was a definete drop in overall quality (although, as you said, there were quite a few good ones as well)
It's often been said that a lot of it had to do with all the great writers like John Schwartzwelder and David X. Cohen leaving the show.

There were a lot of stories I liked however, like the Simpsons going to Africa, the Spring Break in Florida episode, the Tomaco episode (disturbing!), Otto's girlfriend, the "Tall Tales," the Bible Stories, and "Behind the Laughter." Oh, and the weird one divided in 3 parts when Homer's thumb gets cut off, Lisa has a boyfriend for a day, and the cops chase Milhouse and Bart down to "123 Fake Street." :lol:

Also, the Holloween ones stayed great for much, much longer than the regular episodes did. They just got better and better up until about 2002. The Y2K one is one of my favorite episodes ever! :)

EDIT: I also forgot about the one where they go to Japan! :)
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 24th, 2006, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 24th, 2006, 1:02 am

FYI: According to Wikepeida, Season 9 is slated for this December.

:wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 25th, 2006, 12:46 am

Another Simpson fan! Yes I noticed a change after this season and maybe it is because of David X. Cohan leaving and working of Futurama. Ah well, they'll never lose it :D and I love all those episodes you mentioned. Espicially the Japan one.
ShyViolet wrote:FYI: According to Wikepeida, Season 9 is slated for this December.
Already? Talk about releasing them fast. This one just came out and now season 9 o_0. Now lets predict who will be the focus of both boxes. Hmm? Has their been a Bart box? If not I'm betting him. Also what a great stocking stuffer just in time for Christmas :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 25th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing it'll be Bart. Oh well, I never get the heads anyway (very annoying to open and close). But a Bart box sounds cool! :)

I do love a lot of the Season 9 stories too, although they don't have nearly the same emotional resonence as some of the earlier seasons....

Oh, BTW, the Japan one is season 10--something to look foward to! :)

Season 9 has a lot of the "crazy" stories, which I like--The Carny one, the NYC one (which will be interesting to watch and hear the commentary on, what with the 9/11 significance and all--y'know, Homer running up and down the WTC to use the bathroom. :? ) But I'm sure it'll be great. Also, it has one of my favorite jokes: the "Khal Khalash" guy selling shish kabab or whatever it is:

Homer: You have anything to wash this down with?
Khalash guy: Mountain Dew or Crab juice.
Homer: Ewwwwww.....yuchhhhhh.......I"ll take a Crab juice!!

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2006, 3:48 pm

So who else wants to bet season 9's box will be Bart? :) Anyway I never get the head boxes either, because they clash with my other Simpson boxes :p. And season 9 does have some of my favorites like the one you mentioned again ^^.

Oh and I hope we get cool commentaries!
I love hearing insight ^-^ and thanks for telling me the Japan one is in season 10. With the way things are going I expect it will come out by easter.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2006, 10:53 pm

thanks for telling me the Japan one is in season 10.
Your welcome! :) BTW that episode has George Takai as the game show host. Also one of my favorite lines:

The Simpsons are working at the fish plant after losing their money. A commercial for a "family wish" game show comes on the T.V.
Marge: Hmmm....Family wish show. That gives me an idea!
Lisa: I think we all pretty much had the same idea, Mom.

Yep Season 9 is on my list too! For the record here's the eps: (from the official website, edited a bit)

The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson
901 4F22
Original Airdate: 9/21/97

New York City to Homer Simpson: Drop dead! When Barney steals Homer's car and leaves it illegally parked between the Twin Towers, Homer and his family are forced to go to the Big Apple to retrieve it. Homer confesses that he has hated New York ever since a bad experience there as a young man, but Marge and the kids are excited to check the city out.

The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
907 5F04
Original Airdate: 11/16/97

Apu's mother writes him a letter reminding him of his arranged bride and that he must marry her soon. When his mother comes to town, Apu enlists Marge to pretend she is his wife.

Lisa the Skeptic
908 5F05
Original Airdate: 11/23/97

During an archeological dig in Sabertooth Meadow, the students of Springfield Elementary School unearth a strange skeleton of what appears to be a winged human. Everyone in town believes that it's an angel's skeleton, but Lisa Simpson tries to convince them otherwise. Guest Star: Stephen Jay Gould as himself

Realty Bites
909 5F06
Original Airdate: 12/07/97

Marge pursues a new career in real estate sales while Homer is pursued by Snake. Marge starts working at Red Blazer Reality, a highly competitive company where she must sell a certain number of houses or be fired.

All Singing, All Dancing
911 5F24
Original Airdate: 1/04/98

The Simpsons break out in song--over and over again--as we dance along memory lane and watch all of the musical interludes from the last eight seasons.

Bart Carny
912 5F08
Original Airdate: 1/11/98

Bart and Homer get jobs working for a carnival. While there, they befriend Cooder and his son Spud. The friendship takes a turn for the worse when Cooder and Spud are forced to move in with the Simpsons.

The Joy of Sect
913 5F23
Original Airdate: 2/08/98

The Simpsons join a religious sect called The Movementarians. The sect worships an all-powerful leader who claims that he will take his followers to the planet Blisstonia, where they will all live lives of uninterrupted happiness.

Das Bus
914 5F11
Original Airdate: 2/15/98

The children of Springfield Elementary School get stranded on a desert island on the way to a Model United Nations session. Trapped on the island with no grown-ups, the children form their own Lord of the Flies-style civilization. Meanwhile, back in Springfield, Homer starts up his own Internet company called CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet, which he sells to Bill Gates.
Guest Star: James Earl Jones as the Narrator

The Last Temptation of Krust
915 5F10
Original Airdate: 2/22/98

When Krusty the Clown performs at a comedy festival with Jay Leno, Janeane Garofalo, Bobcat Goldthwait and other comics, he proves to everyone that his comedy style is hopelessly out of date.

Dumbbell Indemnity
916 5F12
Original Airdate: 3/01/98

Moe falls in love with a beautiful woman named Renee. Renee, against all odds, actually requites his love.

Lisa the Simpson
917 4F24
Original Airdate: 3/01/98

When Lisa is unable to figure out a simple brain teaser, she begins to fear that she is losing her gift of intelligence. Soon, she is noticing tons of clues that suggest her intellectual decline. Listening to Lisa's complaints, Grandpa explains to her that all Simpsons--himself, Homer, and others--started out smart and gradually experienced a "dumbening" that left them thick as bricks.

This Little Wiggy
918 5F13
Original Airdate: 3/22/98

When Marge meets Ralph Wiggum, she decides to invite him over for a playdate with Bart. Bart initially rejects Ralph, but when he goes over to the Wiggum household and sees that it's filled with police equipment and files, he finds himself in a troublemaker's paradise.

Simpson Tide
919 3G04
Original Airdate: 3/29/98

Homer, Barney and Moe join the Naval Reserve. During a routine drill, the would-be seamen find themselves trapped in a nuclear submarine in very real combat with another squadron. When Homer accidentally ejects Captain Tenille, the submarine's chief, he is put in charge of the vessel.

The Trouble With Trillions
920 5F14
Original Airdate: 4/05/98

In order to avoid an audit, Homer serves as an IRS spy in a sting operation targeting Mr. Burns. We learn that, many years earlier, a younger Burns was entrusted with the task of delivering the only one trillion-dollar bill ever minted to a shattered post-war Europe.

Girly Edition
921 5F15
Original Airdate: 4/19/98

Lisa becomes the anchorwoman for a children's news program. Bart is also hired for the show and launches a series of trite human-interest stories that attract a lot attention and overshadow Lisa's more serious work. Meanwhile, Homer claims he's handicapped so he can adopt a trained monkey named Mojo, who will wait on him hand and foot.

Trash of the Titans
922 5F09
Original Airdate: 4/26/98

After a spat with some garbage men, Homer decides to run for the position of Sanitation Commissioner. He takes on the current commissioner, Ray Patterson, who is endorsed by the members of U2, and wins the election by making wild campaign promises.

King of the Hill
923 5F16
Original Airdate: 5/03/98

After undertaking an intense workout regimen, Homer becomes a buffed-out specimen of a man. With the help of his gym buddy Rainer Wolfcastle, Homer becomes stronger and leaner than ever. He soon attracts the attention of Brad and Neil, two executives from the company that makes Powersauce health bars. Brad and Neil enlist Homer to climb to the top of the Murderhorn, the tallest, most forbidding mountain in Springfield, as a promotional stunt for Powersauce bars.

Lost Our Lisa
924 5F17
Original Airdate: 5/10/98
When Lisa cons Homer into letting her ride the bus alone to the Springsonian Museum for the "Treasures of Isis" exhibit, she gets lost along the way.

Natural Born Kissers
925 5F18
Original Airdate: 5/17/98

In an incredibly revealing episode, Homer and Marge learn to spice up their love life by "snuggling" in very public places.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2006, 2:55 am

And I thought I was a huge Simpson fan O.O. I think anyone who's a fan should have season 8 and 9 on there must list. Oh and I love the kids news episode. Mainly because of Barts attemp at 'Barts People' and the guy who would feed the birds :). Classic!