AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 9:14 pm

I'll agree with Ben on this one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2006, 9:21 pm

I like it. :oops:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 3rd, 2006, 9:27 pm

It makes me chuckle but I could do better with better tools, and better knowledge of photoshop.

But for now, enjoy the oddness!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 6:38 am

Well, two days ago the show aired again, with guests:

.... Lorne Michaels, Steve Martin, Martin Short, Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan.

Interesting. Kinda weird since Steve Martin and Martin Short were both in Prince of Egypt. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2006, 7:11 am

Yeah, and OMG! They're like friends and stuff outside the film world and even, like, appeared before POE in the Father Of The Bride movies AND one of the funniest films ever, Three Amigos!

Plus they've all been involved in Saturday Night Live and stuff!

Just <I>imagine</I> the coinkidinks! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 8:02 am

Oh no, I know. :) I just mentioned that because of POE being a DW animated movie (and because it seemed to me anyway that Huy and Hotep were modeled on certain Disney lawyers who both sucked up to Eisner, just as their counterparts sucked up to Seti and then Rameses)

But I doubt Eisner knew that, even if he did see the film. (which of course he probably didn't. :roll: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 5th, 2006, 8:17 am

Also, here's a link to Michael Eisner's offical site (yes, he has a website) which contains a link to the show:

http://www.michaeleisner.com/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2006, 1:28 am

Bleh! I dislike Michael Eisner, and he has his own website to? Ah well, at least he's away from Disney. I think the new CEO is light years ahead of Eisner.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 6th, 2006, 7:29 am

While I was working last night, I played through most of the clips. Martin and Short were funny. Bette was a bit strange (who was sucking up to who?) while Iger was brilliant, totally in control.

Funny how Eisner can't let being a part of Disney go though. It's obvious he did/does have a true affection for the place.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 7th, 2006, 2:29 am

Bette was a bit strange (who was sucking up to who?)
I know, I read some of the transcript. :P This may sound weird but...I think she always kind of had a thing for him. Back in 1990 there was some party/presentation/dinner that Disney was doing, or something being done for Disney--anyway, Bette Middler made a short speech, thanking the Disney company for whatever, blah, blah, blah...one of the last questions that a reporter asked her was: "Who's your favorite Disney character?" and Bette goes, in this really breathy voice, kind of coquettishly: "Michael Eisner." (No, I'm NOT making this up! :P :? )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 3:41 am

Ben wrote: Funny how Eisner can't let being a part of Disney go though. It's obvious he did/does have a true affection for the place.
I know huh? :wink:

He sure had a way of showing it :evil:

If he just did things differently he would still be there, but Nooooo be a jerk! Oh well, time to move Eisner! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2006, 6:58 am

He sure had a way of showing it
You should look up articles from the mid-80s early 90s. Like I said when talking about the Little Mermaid doc, he was a completely different person. I think it was mostly success that ruined him, as well as other things I suppose we'll never know. Some people seem to think that it's the heart bypass he had in '94, and there have been studies that have shown that major operations like those often change your brain chemistry and how you think.

One of the big reasons that the theme parks changed, got more exciting, modern, more thrill rides, and Imagineering became much more technologically advanced. (you know, Typhoon Lagoon, Body Wars, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, etc..)..was Michael Eisner. When he asked his kids to go with him and check out DisneyLand back in 1985, one of his kids said: "Dad, that place is lame." And it was, back then, when, The Ticky Room, It's a Small World, Spaceship Earth and Innerspace were what Imagineering considered to be "technologically advanced."

Also if you watch old Wonderful World of Disney intros (on youtube,many of which I posted) you can see that even though he's kind of awkward on-camera, he was very different back then and truly does seem to care about Disney. :wink:

I also thought it was funny how when he interviews Billy Crystal his first words to him are: "Welcome to the show, Billy, thank you for coming on. I'm a little obsessed with you now."

Um.... :roll:

(It has to do with this book Crystal wrote or something, but still it's still a WEIRD way to start an interview! :wink: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 3:41 pm

ShyViolet wrote: You should look up articles from the mid-80s early 90s. Like I said when talking about the Little Mermaid doc, he was a completely different person. I think it was mostly success that ruined him, as well as other things I suppose we'll never know. Some people seem to think that it's the heart bypass he had in '94, and there have been studies that have shown that major operations like those often change your brain chemistry and how you think.
Very interesting, I forgot about those old articles. And I agree, I believe it was success that was his downfall, that or the bypass. Whatever the reason, I think its best he left when he did. He didn't have the ole charm he once possessed.

Eisner will be missed, to a certain extant :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » October 14th, 2006, 7:53 am

ShyViolet wrote:Like I said when talking about the Little Mermaid doc, he was a completely different person. I think it was mostly success that ruined him, as well as other things I suppose we'll never know. Some people seem to think that it's the heart bypass he had in '94, and there have been studies that have shown that major operations like those often change your brain chemistry and how you think.
Now you mention it, I think that the heart bypass must have something to do with Eisner's nastiness coming around. From what I've read, the vast majority of Eisner's somewhat psychopathic actions occured after 1994.
ShyViolet wrote:One of the big reasons that the theme parks changed, got more exciting, modern, more thrill rides, and Imagineering became much more technologically advanced. (you know, Typhoon Lagoon, Body Wars, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, etc..)..was Michael Eisner. When he asked his kids to go with him and check out DisneyLand back in 1985, one of his kids said: "Dad, that place is lame." And it was, back then, when, The Ticky Room, It's a Small World, Spaceship Earth and Innerspace were what Imagineering considered to be "technologically advanced."
The Haunted Mansion is actually old-school Disneyland. It debuted in Anaheim in 1969, and it opened with the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in 1971.

I wouldn't say that Disney Imagineering wasn't technologically unadvanced, but I think that with the previous Card Walker regime, they hadn't totally got with the times. Rides like The Tiki Room and It's a Small World are pretty sophisticated, as they do contain lots of really cool animatronics and effects, but I think that as thrill rides became more popular, the Disney parks weren't really catching up. In Disneyland circa 1985, there was really only the Matterhorn, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, plus some mild thrillers in the form of Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion. I think as Eisner came in, the level of excitement got cranked up, as many of the rides from the late 80s and early 90s are thrill rides; Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Body Wars, Maelstrom, Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones Adventure, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (ride at Disneyland Paris). And a lot of the smoother rides or sit-down things were fairly thrilling; the Great Movie Ride, Captain EO, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin...
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]