Fantastic Four

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

"Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer"

Post by Dacey » November 24th, 2006, 11:33 am

Since we've been talking about this movie in another topic, I figured I'd give it a thread to call its own. And what better way to start the discussion than with the exciting news that we can expect a teaser trailer by the end of the year:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/fanta ... hp?id=4936

Now I know that I MUST not miss the previews when I see "Eragon". :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 25th, 2006, 3:10 am

I actually thought the first Fantastic Four movie was not so bad. Very interesting that they are adding the Silver Surfer into the next one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 25th, 2006, 9:56 am

"Eragon"? Bleh!

I think I'll catch this trailer on the internet. I also enjoyed the first one, even though it was not the best movie ever made...;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 25th, 2006, 10:22 am

It's also playing with "Night at the Museum", if you're interested in that instead.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 25th, 2006, 1:38 pm

When is Night out in the UK? Dying to see that one since Mickey Rooney said he was very proud of it.

Also, some recent stunt work had the FF and the SS battling it out in London - there's going to be some awesome stuff going on with the London Eye. I don't know if that's out and about yet, but it sounded very cool.

Eragon - I agree it's a Rings/Narnia knock off extreme! Perhaps Jeremy Irons will bring to this the same box office draw he did to Dungeons And Dragons and we can all be happy!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 25th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Also, some recent stunt work had the FF and the SS battling it out in London - there's going to be some awesome stuff going on with the London Eye. I don't know if that's out and about yet, but it sounded very cool.
That sounds great! :D

I've been excited about "Eragon" for months now. The first trailer left me somewhat underwhelmed, but the later ads indicate a pretty cool action film. Besides, I liked the book.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 26th, 2006, 1:51 am

I actually thought the first Fantastic Four movie was not so bad.
I liked it too! :) And I didn't expect to at all.

The characters were fleshed out quite well, and the action sequences were lots of fun.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 26th, 2006, 9:36 am

it's also playing with "Night at the Museum", if you're interested in that instead.
Yay! I've been looking forward to that one. Maybe I'll wait after all.

As for Eragon goes - the book was entertaining, I guess, but lacked originality. It was like Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars, but with a dragon. Really, the only reason it was published was because the kids' parents owned a publishing company! Of course, with all these big name studios scrabbling to find the next Harry Potter, it's no suprise to me that they decided to make it into a film, but there are so many fantasy books out there that are SO much better.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 26th, 2006, 12:03 pm

Yes, but you forget the only that really matters:

FREAKING DRAGONS! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Not as good as dancing penguins!

And while I wouldn't say the characters were very well fleshed out, I did enjoy the original FF movie much more than I was expecting.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm

And speaking of the dancing penguins:

http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Looks like "Happy Feet" now has a shot at $200M. Very impressive.

I still need to see it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 26th, 2006, 5:35 pm

Yes, but you forget the only that really matters:

FREAKING DRAGONS!
Ah yes, very true, and the one reason I'll give it a shot in second-run theaters! :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 26th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Looks like "Happy Feet" now has a shot at $200M. Very impressive.
:shock: ??? Has James seen this? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 27th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Better question: Has Mac?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2006, 10:09 pm

And while I wouldn't say the characters were very well fleshed out, I did enjoy the original FF movie much more than I was expecting.
BTW, did anyone here know that there was a Fantastic Four movie made in 1993 that was deemed to be SO BAD it never made it to theaters, OR video, OR televsion? It has only been available as a bootleg film...it must have been quite bad. But some were "lucky" enough to have seen it. :wink:

http://www.agonybooth.com/fantastic_4/

Note: on the second page there's this "weird" picture promoting some guy's web site....I can't tell exactly what it's supposed to be, but I'd rather not think about it.... :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!