AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Fonz played Scrooge!

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2006, 2:20 am

Has to be seen to be believed:

:roll:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... rt-xi.aspx

Until now I thought his cameo in Scream was the weirdest thing ever....:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 4th, 2006, 11:04 am

Wow! What's with all the popups on his site!??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » December 4th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Ben wrote:Wow! What's with all the popups on his site!??
um he's desperate. And yeah the pop ups annoy the crap out of me too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 4th, 2006, 10:23 pm

I still think Jim's cool. And I love that he's honest about what he thinks and doesn't pander to what some fans want ONLY to hear. :roll:

He gives his honest opinion even if he knows it will p*** people off.

And I can't believe how some of those posters tried to justify the layoffs--like, OK those people did CGI under Stainton/Eisner so they're naturally bad artists and "deserve" to be thinned out to make room for the "real" animators????

Those 160 animators are 20% of the whole staff, according to the Variety article.

:shock: :?

(But I do agree, I can't stand the pop ups either!) :wink: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 6th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Here's a nice little recap on Mickey's Christmas Carol, as I've said before one of my fave pieces in animation ever! :) I didn't know Alan Young was in Mr. Ed.

And of course as everyone knows MCC is a virtual "Who's Who" of star animators--John Lassetter of course, Mark Dindal, John Musker, Ron Clements, Don Hahn, Andreas Deja, a bunch of others too....:) No wonder it's so good. (I would have liked to read more on their roles in this film instead of how Alan Young got the part--which is interesting, but not that interesting.)

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... t-xiv.aspx

Also, that shot of Mickey at the cemetary holding Tiny Tim's crutch? I can't tell you HOW much that shot affected me the first time I saw it as a kid....I feel like crying every time I see it. :cry:
(Andreas Deja animated, I believe.)

And that last part with Scrooge falling into his own grave (which kind of looked like hell with the flames and all) still scares the living *bleep* out of me! :)

"Why, yours, Ebeneizer....the richest Duck in the cemetary!"

:?
Last edited by ShyViolet on December 6th, 2006, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2006, 8:16 pm

It's a great featurette. Should have won the Oscar.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2006, 8:27 pm

Why does Jim Hill have a 2004 date on his cast and crew pictures? That's a screen grab from the Making Of MCC, from 1983!

Plus, Disney was still "Productions" then, and didn't become "Pictures" until 18 months after MCC's release (though there are prints that feature a re-issue card with the "Pictures Presents" wording on them).

And there have been a couple of times when Young wasn't Scrooge McDuck that he didn't mention.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 8th, 2006, 11:44 am

It's a great featurette. Should have won the Oscar.
Oh yeah it was nominated right? What did win that year, does anyone know?

BTW I had a pretty high fever the first time I watched MCC as a kid (I had the flu pretty bad) so it made an even bigger impression on me. :roll:

And there have been a couple of times when Young wasn't Scrooge McDuck that he didn't mention.

You mean like when he played Olivia's father in Great Mouse Detective?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Well, that and like he wasn't Scrooge in the 1963 short <I>Scrooge McDuck And Money</I> and was waaaay off character in the 1987 Sport Goofy special <I>Soccermania</I>, which was a dry <I>DuckTales</I> run. They should include that on these <I>DuckTales</I> sets.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by anya456 » May 17th, 2007, 7:13 am

Its the kind of thing you'd expect.

Actresses and Actors do it all the time, they go from what theyy're good at and put into something completely different. I've been reading up on Muscials and there have been actors and actresses who have done the main characters and things.

like here in aus, Hair, is going on in Perth and the 3 main characters are 2 singers from Australian Idol and one from the 2000 Olympics. that was horrible for me to know, so I might just go hire the movie out. lol
No point anymore, if I can't love her
No spirit could win me
No hope left within me
Hope I could have loved her and that she'd set me free
But it's not to be
If I can't love her
Let the world be done with me.