Eragon

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Eragon

Post by bullwinkle » December 11th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Are any of you guys going to see Eragon. I loved the book so i am really exited to see it. Do you think it will be as good as The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings. I hope so. I cant wait to see it.

here is a link to the movie website.

http://www.eragonmovie.com/main.html?cid=us

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 11th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Um... no...?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 11th, 2006, 3:16 pm

I've been excited about this movie for some time now, but...

I'm worried that the PG rating might hurt the film at the box office, since the violence in the book is really the stuff of a PG-13.

I can't believe how short I've heard it is. Something like 107 minutes! The book is 500 pages long. They must be cutting a LOT!

But, still, I'm excited about it. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » December 11th, 2006, 3:48 pm

me to I'm still excited about it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 11th, 2006, 3:54 pm

What Ben said...The book, though entertainig, was no classic by any means, and rips off so many fantasy/sci-fi franchises, it's not even funny.

As far as the movie goes, even the few freinds I have who DID enjoy the book say the movie looks aweful!

Here's a rant -er - review of the theatrical trailer I posted on another thread, copied off my DevArt journal:
Okay - I'm going to be nice, and withhold my opinions about the Eragon novel, as well as what I think the movie will be like. HOWEVER, there are a few points that I would like to make about the above preview.

It is - by far - one of the worst trailers I have ever seen.

Again, never mind about what I think the movie will be like - it's just a bad trailer. Period. You think you're gonna 'wow' your audience by throwing a trailer at them that shows NOTHING but a bunch of fancy SFX shots and a few scenes with our lovesick heroes gazing wistfully at each other, think again. This preview tells us NOTHING about the story. Nothing at all. Except for that it has a really cool dragon, really cool battle scenes, really cool LotR knock-off shots of horses running over hilltops, and frankly I don't think that will cut it for the movie-goers who have never read Eragon. Maybe if all the random action shots hurled together were in some kind of order, starting out slow, introducing us to the characters, then picking up the pace as we learn about the plot, it would be better, but they're not. They're just there to be action shots. Or maybe if there was any dialogue that could give us a hint as to what the movie is about...The fact that NO ONE talks throughout the entire course of the trailer leads me to believe that the script is horrendously cheesy, which judging from the teaser (which actually told us about the plot!), it is. And the music doesn't help either...

Ah gawd...

The MUSIC!

I swear, I swear, they did it on a keyboard. Not even kidding. A friggin' plastic keyboard they bought at Best Buy or something. What? They couldn't hire a real chorus to sing the notes? They couldn't use score from the movie, or at *least* from some other movie? And - Oh LORD - I think I hear an electric guitar in the background. A friggin' electric giutar. Lord.

Again, this isn't about the movie, just the trailer. Hell, I'll probably see the movie for the heck of it if it gets good reviews (or aweful reviews, so I can make fun of it). But, seriously...If anyone ever meets the people responsible for this, please, do me a favor...Punch them in the face.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » December 11th, 2006, 4:05 pm

there is a eary review for it at rotten tomatoes

this is one of the things www.urbancinefile.com said about the movie.

Performances are all top notch and the production design is spectacular

cant wait.

FOUR MORE DAYS

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » December 11th, 2006, 4:41 pm

www.iklipz.com/Movies.aspx?MovieID=437d ... 98e07655d1

the tv spots look preety cool to me.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 12th, 2006, 6:10 am

How messed up is that: "The Next Fantasy Adventure Begins"... :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » December 12th, 2006, 9:12 am

Harry Potter of the Rings in Narnia, redux. I had my share of fantasy movies, moreover this one looks so cheap compare to the Rings and the Wizard. Personnal opinion: don't have Jeremy Irons or John Malkovitch in a fantasy movie, it looks cheap (cf: Dungeons & Dragons)
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » December 12th, 2006, 1:57 pm

The book was quite good and I'm excited to see it this weekend!
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » December 12th, 2006, 2:16 pm

Put your hands up if you think that this film is going to flop.

::Joe's hand goes up::
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 12th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Ben's hand is up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » December 12th, 2006, 4:48 pm

the movie is going to be good.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2006, 5:59 pm

Dacey's hand is undecided.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » December 12th, 2006, 8:11 pm

That trailer where Jeremy Irons is talking... my brain pictures Scar. I just can't help it. :P

"Harry Potter of the Rings in Narnia?" That's good, heh. I kinda want to make it "Harry Potter of the Rings in Narnia: A New Hope," myself. ;)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]