Disasters with Michael Eisner

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 27th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Yeah I think you get your cinderella dress and glass slippers if you want!
Just a guess, but I'm not sure Brendon would be too happy doing that.

:wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 27th, 2006, 7:51 pm

You guys are way off about Disney affordability. We went earlier this year and here is the breakdown:

- 6 people (4 adults, 2 kids) for 6 days and 5 nights
- two rooms at Port Orleans Riverside, one of the nicer mid-priced hotels
- park hopper tickets for everyone on every day that allow unlimited entry and re-entry to all the parks
- we added the Disney Dining option: two full meals per day per person at Disney-run restaurants

Total price: about $3800! That breaks down to only about $105 per day for each person - for tickets, hotel, and food! Not many places of Disney's caliber can match that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 27th, 2006, 8:22 pm

James - My gosh -- and that was just in one of the mid-priced hotels! Sheesh... :P
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 27th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Double gosh! :P Someone could buy a house, with that kind of money!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 27th, 2006, 9:42 pm

$3800 for 6 people to go on a 6 day vacation with hotels, tickets, AND food paid for in advance? That is a bargain for a place like Disney!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » December 28th, 2006, 1:22 am

I have to agree with James here. Disney is comparatively cheap. When PixarVixen and I went over the summer I think we spent in the vacinity of $1000 for both of us to go 3 days and about $500 of that was on the extra stuff we bought. Now admittedly we stayed in a very cheap hotel but it was ALOT of fun and we didn't do too bad for a couple of poor college students. And this was even before I was eligible my Disney Store cast member discount.

btw - Daniel - Where do you know a place that I can buy a $3800 house??? You can't even get a decent used car for that price tag. ;)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 2:18 am

Hehe, I've heard places in the desert cost that much. I don't know if its true, but I know its cheaper :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2006, 5:44 am

That's a few pounds less than £2000 in old money, which is pretty darn good going for <I>any</I> kind of holiday!

I know I spent <I>at least</I> that getting out and staying in New York for three/four nights last year.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 28th, 2006, 9:10 am

I know I spent at least that getting out and staying in New York for three/four nights last year.
Wow, New York City is really expensive. I've never stayed there but I know almost everything there in way of room and board is a LOT, not counting the shopping, movies, and attractions! (althought to be fair the museums and sites in NYC are all quite affordable, even if most of the movies, restaraunts, and Starbucks cafes are highway robbery.) :roll:

I know I spent at least that getting out and staying in New York for three/four nights last year.
That's not inluding plane fare, right? How much is a round-trip ticket?

Also, there are VERY inexpensive houses in the town I live in....not much more than what Daniel said. Like $5000, $6000 dollars....not kidding. I even knew a student who bought a house for about that much.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2006, 2:57 pm

That's nuts!

I could buy a town then, based on selling the apartment in town that we own! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 3:25 pm

Aha! See, I wasnt lying ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 12th, 2007, 11:58 pm

I could buy a town then, based on selling the apartment in town that we own! Smile
Trust me, you wouldn't want to buy this town! :? It's a dump! :(

The campus/university is mostly OK, but the town is ugly and BORING.
Many of them also hate the students and the college, even though the college is basically the only thing that keeps the town's flagging "economy" going. :?

:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 6:47 am

Re: Conversations With Michael Eisner

Just FYI, you can watch ALL the interviews on the website now in case you
missed them. :)

(Windows Media, actually works now.)

www.michaeleisner.com

The Tim Allen and especially Danny De Vito ones are both very interesting, with some parts that are hilarious. :P