Usernames/Screen Names

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Usernames/Screen Names

Post by Mitch » December 27th, 2006, 8:41 pm

My apologies if this particular topic has already been started; however, I looked high and low and didn't see anything concerning the subject, so here it goes!

What does your username/screen name mean?

Why did you pick it? Is there any special message behind it? How does it make you unique?

Even though I am a girl (ha -- I bet you didn't know that one!), I have a very basic reason for why I picked the name that I did. I just copied and pasted this here from Pixar Planet. Here you go:

To put it bluntly: My sister and I had a fight, and she won, but I got her back without her knowing it.

And since nobody could possibly understand what I am talking about:

To elongate the first explaination: After the Ratatouille teaser trailer was released, my sister and I went bonkers. We became addicted (and still are!). We watched the trailer every day (and we still do), we went to any website that had information on the film (and we still do), and I started to write my own Ratatouille story (which I still haven't completed yet). You get the point....

Anyway, we finally got into a discussion concerning the title character: Remy. Since we didn't know his true name, at the time, we decided to name him ourselves (or, at least, guess at his name). We finally came up with one name each. Leia, my sister, picked the name 'Matthew'. I picked the name 'Mitch'. She said to me, "His name is not 'Mitch'. 'Matthew' is better!" Ooohhh...but I just knew she was wrong! 'Mitch' was definitely Remy's name.

And then...the cat came out of the bag. While browsing the web for more information on Ratatouille, I came upon a webpage/website (I think it was Wikipedia) that listed the cast of the film, one of which was Patton Oswalt, who does.....dah-dah-dah-da!.....Remy! We were surprised -- and a little disappointed --, it was true, but we didn't care. Remy suited him just fine.

A few months later, and I found this site! And guess what? Now I can call myself 'Mitch' without my sister knowing, because it was, after all, Remy's first "true" name....

;)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2006, 5:51 am

I call myself Ben, because my name is...Ben. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 28th, 2006, 9:20 am

I got the name Shy Violet from an cartoon I used to watch in the 80's: Rainbow Brite. It was very popular. Here's a quick description of the character. Mostly because I can be shy...and I'm a rabid book reader. :)

http://www.rainbowbrite.tv/violet.htm
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 11:49 am

Ben - Wow -- that's incredible. Heheh -- I thought that was where you got your name from. ;)

ShyViolet - Ahh...I see. Cool. This Violet character sounds a bit like me, as well: I'm extremely shy and I love to read. Sounds like we have something in common. I always thought that you got your name from Violet in The Incredibles, though. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » December 28th, 2006, 11:51 am

Interesting story, Mitch!

And Vi, I always thought your username came from THE INCREDIBLES!

To my name:
I registered at my very first english-speaking forum, so I had to find a new username! So I played a little with a few words, and then GROANING came into my mind!
I didn't know there what it really means! I thought it meaned nothing! Really! :D
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 11:57 am

Groaning - Haha -- thank you! Your story is quite an interesting one, too. For some reason, your username seems to fit you. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » December 28th, 2006, 12:29 pm

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2006, 2:54 pm

No, he just likes groaning! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 28th, 2006, 3:24 pm

My name is a shortened version of my real name...Which I can't tell you, becuase then I'd have to kill you.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Ben - Haha! Yeah, that was I was thinking, too.... :P

Meg - Aww...are you sure? I'm curious now.... I'm thinking along the lines of "Megara"...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Mitch - I didn't know you were a girl at first, but PV kinda gave it away :P Thats how you got your name? Cool! You really are the #1 Ratoutille fan ;)

Ben - Haha, I knew that, but its still cool.

Vi - Aww, that's cute! I could've sworn you got it from The Incredibles. But, oh well ;)

Groaning - Yeah, I remember yours to. Its great! :)

Meg - Haha, you kidder ;) I thought you got your name from Hercules, but its your real name? That's so cool!

Phew! To many people :)

Ok, now its my turn! Daniel is my first name, and Jake is my middle name. In real life, I'm called both and a combination of nick names. (I know shocking!) And every forum I came across, always had a Daniel or a Jake registered, so I picked 'Daniel Jake' to be unique :)

Btw, this forum was the very first to call me Dan. I think it was Ben or Vi who started it, but yeah, I feel so special :P

Oh, and this is funny, I'm like the ultimate sequel person here, and my very first post was on the Brother Bear 2 thread. Nifty huh? :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 28th, 2006, 8:16 pm

Daniel Jake - Haha -- well, nice to meet you again, Dan. :D

And thanks, dude. Yes, I am the number one Ratatouille fan out there. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 28th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Dan? it still feels new being called that :P

Anytime Mitch! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » December 29th, 2006, 4:24 am

My username refers to Toxic, my Incredibles OC, whom I haven't drawn in ages. I'm a Tony fan girl in real life, but in the Incredibles realm, Toxic belongs to teenage Dash. After all, she couldn't be with Tony because he already belongs to Vi. ;)

Speaking of Violet Parr, ShyVi, looks like I'm the fourth person here to comment about your username sounding like it originated from her. Ya coulda fooled me! :P

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2006, 7:33 am

How about "Danny", then? ;)