Usernames/Screen Names

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 29th, 2006, 11:07 am

Meg - Aww...are you sure? I'm curious now.... I'm thinking along the lines of "Megara"...
Nope! :P

And yeah, it's not from Hercules...I'm actually not too fond of the character myself, though I love the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 29th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Daniel Jake - Heheh -- well, maybe I should call you "Danny", like Ben suggested. I've always liked the name Danny -- it's easier to remember, and it reminds me of the title character in Cats Don't Dance. ;)

PixarVixen - Really? Wow -- I never would have guessed that, either. So Toxic is supposed to be Dash's...girlfriend? :P

Meg - Haha -- alright then. But I'm still curious.... :P
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2006, 2:43 pm

I actually picked the name "Shy Violet" the summer before Incredibles came out when I first joined...then when the film came out I thought it was so cool that it had a character named Violet in it. (I loved Violet! :) ) so it was even better. (Plus I used to kind of look like her when I was younger. :wink:)
But I definetely see how someone could think that my name was a reference to her. She's my fave character in Incredibles so it works out either way. :D

Also, Dan, I'm pretty sure we had someone named "Jake" here a while ago. :P He hasn't posted in a while, though.
This Violet character sounds a bit like me, as well: I'm extremely shy and I love to read. Sounds like we have something in common.
Cool! :) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 2:54 pm

See what I mean Vi? Someone always has one of my names :P
Ben wrote:How about "Danny", then? ;)
Hehe, I don't mind being called 'Dan' at all, but if you prefer 'Danny' thats just fine! In real life, that's one of my names (true story! :P)

PixarVixen - wow, I would've never guessed. Great name.

Mitch - haha, I love that movie! And its your choice what name to call me, I'm not picky :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » December 29th, 2006, 6:22 pm

ShyViolet - Wow -- so it's like a coincidence! Wicked....

And yeah, it's totally cool. We should start a book readers club or something. ;) (snigger)

Daniel Jake - Alrighty then -- cool! Your name is now "Danny". :P

And yep -- that film was awesome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 29th, 2006, 6:41 pm

That's fine by me :P

I know huh? I wish they would make a sequel! :roll: ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 5th, 2007, 1:31 am

I think my name is ludicrously obvious so I shan't comment but in regards to ShyVi I've always thought of Violet from The Incredibles when I saw it (naturally) but knowing her personality and her fondness of certain people and good grip of unbiasness in the animation realm I knew that couldn't be it.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 5th, 2007, 3:08 am

Mine's not terribly creative, unfortunately. My school is BYU (often shortened to just "the Y") and our mascot is the almighty Cougar. And I'm an animation major there. Yeeeehaw. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 5th, 2007, 4:07 am

My name is Andrew, but some friends call me "Drew". Back when I was in college, I was an avid anime viewer -- which was kind of 'unusual' in the late 1980's (more so than now, anyway). One of my dorm-mates jokingly started calling me "Drew-san" (adding the japanese honorific), and the nickname stuck, throughout my college years. :roll:

A few years later, when I first started venturing online, I tried to sign-up on AOL as "Drew-san", but that name was already taken .. and, after trying various other spellings, I was finally able to get signed-up as "droosan", which is how I've spelled it ever since.

My avatar is a character from the anime Uchuu Senkan Yamato, named Okita Juzo. While he is one of my favorite anime characters, he also serves as a little 'joke' -- in the english-language version of the series (Star Blazers), his name is "Captain Avatar". :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 5th, 2007, 8:39 am

Ahaa!! I knew "Captain Avatar" and always liked that your avatar was an Avatar, but did not know the Star Blazers background! Great! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 5th, 2007, 11:31 am

Daniel Jake wrote: I know huh? I wish they would make a sequel! :roll: ;)
Haha -- I should have known. ;)

Brandon Neeld - Ahh...no sweat. I think your name is cool.

YCouger - I like your screen name, as it fits perfectly with your avatar (which is probably why you chose the avatar that you did, I imagine). It's cool by me. ;)

droosan - Wow -- what an interesting story! Thank you for sharing it with us. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » January 5th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 5th, 2007, 1:37 pm

Uli - I wonder who that could be...? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 5th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Mitch wrote:Haha -- I should have known. ;)
Yes. Yes you should have. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 5th, 2007, 4:37 pm

but knowing her personality and her fondness of certain people and good grip of unbiasness in the animation realm I knew that couldn't be it.
Ha ha. :P :roll:

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!