Award archives...

News, People and Events, including Awards, Festivals and Tributes
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 3rd, 2007, 7:17 pm

But doesn't Cars also have cute, funny, wise-cracking vehicles? :roll: :P

IMO Monster House won't get it because of the mo-cap and Happy Feet for the same reason.

And DW hasn't gotten it for six years....the Academy may love Pixar but even they know you can't constantly give the same person the same award. (Hence Tom Hanks not getting the Oscar three years in a row since he got it twice for Forrest Gump and then Philadelphia. And Russell Crowe not getting A Beautiful Mind because he'd gotten Gladiator the year before.)

Cars, depsite its mostly good reviews and healthy box office, isn't in the league of Finding Nemo or Incredibles in that film critics/media types acknowledged that the story lagged a bit and had some drawbacks, which they never did for the other two.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 3rd, 2007, 8:15 pm

So is it official that Ellen is hosting?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 3rd, 2007, 8:24 pm

Dude! The Producers Guild didn't nominate OtH? What's up with that? It wasn't my favorite movie of the year, but I liked it and it was WAY better than Ice Age 2! Maybe it's becuase they didn't want DW to get two noms or something?

(And I still think Happy Feet has a VERY good chance of winning, BTW...It was a great movie and has a bit of a far-left message, which the Acadamy should like.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 3rd, 2007, 8:42 pm

It's about time Ellen DeGeneres hosted the Oscars. The show needs a little comedy.... ;)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 3rd, 2007, 8:55 pm

Wonder if she'll mention Dory? That'd be cool. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2007, 1:09 am

It was a great movie and has a bit of a far-left message, which the Acadamy should like.)
Hmmm....that's a good point. Happy Feet is also still playing where I live, so I plan to see it ASAP. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 4th, 2007, 1:12 am

I think there might be some mention of it. You know what would be awesome: if Dory "presented" for Best Animated Film and simultaneously interaacted with Ellen! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 4th, 2007, 2:11 am

That would be awesome, Vi!

That is, if she is hosting.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 4th, 2007, 2:27 am

Ooh, I can hardly wait to hear your take on it, Vi :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2007, 3:13 am

Crowe didn't get a Beautiful Mind because he kicked the pooh out of a producer at the Baftas and, although he had already been nominated, his stock went waaaaay down after that and it was clear he wasn't going to win.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2007, 3:16 am

Why would Dory get a mention? And why would she be presenting anything? Does Nemo have a sequel out?

Nope. It's now just "content", and won't be reference other than a possible off the cuff line like "yes, I was a fish" or something that pokes fun at it.

Why the heck are they going to purposely reference a three year old film?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 4th, 2007, 4:11 am

Sequel?! I wish ;)

Because Ben, it would be nostalgic, not to mention cute. But, I see your point :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Groaning » January 4th, 2007, 5:46 am

You only get the oscar if you have great connections. Otherwise - nope.
[img]http://www.pixarplanet.com/images/rat.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » January 4th, 2007, 2:19 pm

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » January 5th, 2007, 1:24 am

Well, it's pretty staple now for an animated character to present or co-present an award or at least have some presence at the ceremony. Seeing as how Disney and Pixar have been represented the last two years (Edna in 2005 & Chicken Little in 2006) I'm not sure that we'd go that route again. Of course with Cars being the Disney/Pixar animation of the year I'm not sure how well that would filter in anyway. I'd bet it's going to be Happy Feet since that's the stirring animated film of the season. (Maybe we can have Mumbles do a tap dancing performance with a famous live co-presentor???) But it would be cool if we mixed it up a little, perhaps have our animated presentors arive in animated "Cars"? ;)
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"