Ratatouille

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 7th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Also don't forget Ratty in Wind of the Willows! (The Disney film too.) And he made an appearance with Mole in Mickey's Christmas Carol. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 7th, 2007, 6:17 pm

ShyViolet - Oh yeah, I forgot about Ratty! He reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, for some reason. :lol:
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 7th, 2007, 6:58 pm

And Flushed Away! (I haven't seen it yet though, but I really want to!)
I think one thing the Rat has in its favor is the fact that it's the only big opening original film. All of the others are mostly sequels and a couple of continuing franchises enterung new mediums.
Wuddabout Meet the Robinsons?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 8th, 2007, 2:41 am

Mitch wrote:Danny - Haha -- yeah. Either that, or he would slice anyone who dared to steal his cheese. Although, he is probably to "sweet" to do anything like that. ;)
Hmm, when it comes to food, I doubt he would be 'sweet'. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 8th, 2007, 9:23 am

Mitch wrote:ShyViolet - Oh yeah, I forgot about Ratty! He reminds me of Sherlock Holmes, for some reason. :lol:
Probably the hat and coat combo he wears - a nod indeed to Sherlock Holmes since the narrator of the <I>Wind In The Willows</I> section of <I>The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr Toad</I> was...Basil Rathbone, known very much at the time as, and perhaps still the screen's best, Holmes!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2007, 11:51 am

Danny - You sure about that? Heheh.... ;)

Ben - Really? I didn't know that Basil Rathbone was the narrator. Makes perfect sense though, after reading your explaination. Thanks for the information. :)

By the way, some of you may already know about this, but take a look:

http://www.toywiz.com/disneypixarratatouilletoys.html

I'm ecstatic! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 8th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Those are cool - but yikes, the "Little Remy Chef" stuffed toy is ugly (IMHO). I thought it was a different character at first!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2007, 4:23 pm

Meg - Wow -- and I thought I was the only one who thought that that plushie sucks. Actually, I hate "plushified" Pixar toys in general, for some reason. :P

I love the Uno cards and the remote control Remy -- I have got to get me those! :D

By the way, I would like to mention that, after looking at this picture of Remy, I have to say that he looks much more like a rat than I thought he did. The teeth, fur texture, and overal posture and expression just "completes" him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 8th, 2007, 4:45 pm

Actually, I hate "plushified" Pixar toys in general, for some reason.

So.... I'm assuming you've never owned a Sullie plushie then? :P :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 8th, 2007, 4:57 pm

Mitch wrote:Danny - You sure about that? Heheh.... ;)
No, not really. But, he does look sweet. :)

Eww, those plushies are ugly. Espicially the chef one. :x

The UNO cards look cool, and very collectible ;)

Vi - nope, I've never had a Sullie plush. I do however, have a Mcdonald's happy meal toy of him. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 8th, 2007, 5:30 pm

By the way, I would like to mention that, after looking at this picture of Remy, I have to say that he looks much more like a rat than I thought he did. The teeth, fur texture, and overal posture and expression just "completes" him.
Yeah, he looks WAY cuter there than he ever did in the teaser, to me...That's my favorite pose I've seen him in so far. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2007, 5:39 pm

ShyViolet - That is correct. :P Although, I do own a quite adorable Nemo plushie that a friend of mine got me, so I guess I'd have to make an exception there. (snigger) ;)

Meg - I know -- he's adorable. Heck, any rat is cute! I think I'm in love.... *blushes*

Heheh...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 10th, 2007, 5:30 am

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... eases.aspx

Hey here's some cool Ratatouille storybooks that will come out later this year! :)
Although, I do own a quite adorable Nemo plushie that a friend of mine got me,
Oh you lucky :P ...I'd love to have a Nemo plushie to cuddle.... :wink: :wink: :)

I got Sullie at the local mall's now-defunct- for- almost- four -years Disney store....:(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 10th, 2007, 11:07 am

ShyViolet - Those are really cool books! I especially love the What's Cooking? cook book that features -- who else? -- Remy as the chef. Very charming. I'm gonna have to start shelling out my money this year.... ;)

Thank you for the link, ShyVi! (May I call you that?)

Awww...that's too bad. There is still a Disney store in our local mall, but it was completely redecorated many years back -- it used to look alot more "hip" and cool before they "revised" it. :(

As for the Nemo plushie: Hey, how about this? I'll send you a picture of it via PM, if you would like to see it. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 10th, 2007, 7:54 pm

I miss my Disney Story. :C

BTW, can someone copy-and-paste the storybook pics here? Jim's site isn't working for me.