The Incredibles - merged theatrical thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 5th, 2004, 10:53 pm

There was one scene in particular with Dash that just made my jaw drop.

Finding Nemo is no longer my favorite pixar movie. I was absolutly blown AWAY by this film. It was, if you'll excuse the pun, INCREDIBLE!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Lindsay » November 5th, 2004, 11:27 pm

I agree wholeheartedly! I can't help but say that Incredibles was... well, incredible!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 5th, 2004, 11:34 pm

*#*#*#*#*#*#*# POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING *#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Btw syndrom kicked ass.
THe parts at the end with him.
and the baby.

holy jesus SEE THIS MOVIE

Jason Lee was a GREAT choice to voice Syndrome.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 5th, 2004, 11:57 pm

I must say that this movie took my expectations which were already preatty high and it blew them away. I mean words cant describe just how awsome this movie is. This is the best movie i've seen this year. This is now may favorite Pixar film, no scratch that this is officially my new favorite animated movie period.

Macaluso I know what scene you mean. Everything about it was perfect. It had great humor and warmth and awsome action. The action sequences were just amazing. It had a perfect balance of all these elements and I think that this is partly due to it's longer length. You guys know how I feel about annimated films and how I think that they should be longer well some of them anyway. The character design and animation was top notch, but can you expect anything less from Pixar. The Musical score was also particularly impressive. Dreamworks cant even begin to touch this film. This is a big contender for the Oscar. Shrek 2 and Sharktale are dustmites next to The Incredibles.

Pixar has done it again, Boy those guys just cant loose can they. Brad Bird is a genious inovator in animation.I love this movie, I love Pixar and I love SUPERHEROES!!!

Ronald C
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 6th, 2004, 3:12 am

PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO GIVR ANY PLOT POINTS AWAY IN YOUR POSTS!!!!

Macaluso - I hope you don't mind, but I added a spoiler warning to your post just for those who don't want to know any details about the plot of the film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MusicFan » November 6th, 2004, 3:40 am

I absolutely love this film, everything about it. I have to agree with James, I as well forgot this was an animated film, which is a very good thing. Maybe I'm taking the film a little too far, but I found a few deeper meanings. If your a comic book or superhero fan (like moi), your enjoyment of the film will be greatly extended.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by macontosh2000 » November 6th, 2004, 8:41 am

Saw it last night and i LOVED it it is probably my favorite Pixar film. The Animation was stunning (If this doesnt win Best Animated Feature it will be a crime against cinema), and the fight scenes were breathtaking I was on the edge of my seat during all of them. And the entire cast was great (Holly Hunter really stood out). My only complaint about the film was that i wish that the kids (mainly Violet) were in more of the begining.

9.5/10

I want to see it again! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SPACEHERO55 » November 6th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Yea I know what you mean macontosh2000 I feel strongly about this film winning for best amimated picture come Oscar time. I love how it did not have to resort to gimmicks like most of Dreamwork's CGI films do.

Incredibles was amazing on it's own. It was genuinly funny without resorting to blatant pop culture referances. They did not need to cram pop and rap songs in the film in order to get more pre-teens into the film and to sell the soundtrack to them also. The problem with Dreamworks is that they want the money now and they dont think long term.

Years from now all their films are gonna seem so dated while pixar films have a timless quality to them. They are more classic.

Ronald C
Im a Superhero, what could happen?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Your thoughts about The Incredibles?

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2004, 3:36 pm

James wrote:I'd go as far as to say this was not an animated film, but an action film that just happened to be in the animated genre.
I get your sentiment, but animation is not a genre. :)

Now, if you'd said "an action film that just happened to be animated", or "an animated film that just happened to be in the action genre", then that would have worked fine!

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Your thoughts about The Incredibles?

Post by James » November 6th, 2004, 4:28 pm

Ben wrote:
James wrote:I'd go as far as to say this was not an animated film, but an action film that just happened to be in the animated genre.
I get your sentiment, but animation is not a genre. :)

Now, if you'd said "an action film that just happened to be animated", or "an animated film that just happened to be in the action genre", then that would have worked fine!

;)
That's a battle we've already lost my friend! From your local video store to the Academy Awards, animation has been relegated to a genre. What was great about this film is that it just might transcend its label.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by scofo » November 6th, 2004, 5:32 pm

For all the people who will not read the entire review I give it 10/10!

I think it is the BEST animated movie I have ever scene. The characters were animated realistically.

By far my favorite characters would have to be Edna Mode, Elastigirl, Violet and Dash. Why not add Jack Jack in there.

They were all animated brilliantly. Edna Mode was written and designed so well. Elastigirl really looked, and felt like a mother in trouble, always having to stretch to make the family work. Dash was amazing, funny, and had one of the best chase scenes I have ever scene in a movie. Violet to me was underrated. She wasn't used enough but still amazing. Jack Jack with out spoiling anything is an interesting character. Very cute, yet... never mind you will find out.

Overall the movie was fantastic. I recommend everybody to go and see it!

THIS SHOULD WIN an OSCAR!

10 out of 10!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 6th, 2004, 5:52 pm

Violet was my favorite, and I really wish they had used her more in the movie.

And I agree with you scofo. Dash's chase scene was one of the best I have ever seen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » November 6th, 2004, 8:04 pm

The Incredibles is excellent. 3.5/4 stars. To be honest, The Incredibles may be the most mature family film I have ever seen. Like another critic wrote, the film contains some real "thought nuggets". I just hope that audiences don't overlook them, like some of these critics who say that The Incredibles treads into the same territory as most other mindless, big-budget action films that trade real substance for explosions.

Shrek 2 is a great film. But The Incredibles is the film that deserves to win the Oscar.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mamela » November 7th, 2004, 4:04 am

This movie was..incridible! ;) Fantasic and all that good stuff. You really can't tell it's two hours. It was pretty rare it had a slow point.

There was a few teeny tiny parts I didn't like, but overall it was great!

Say..did anything happen after the credits rolled? I know Pixar and Disney usually throw in something extra in the end after the credits go by..sometimes. Our theatre here was krusty. They turned off the film during the credits. We were like..you people suck! It just made me grr..:(

Despite that though the movie was good.;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2004, 9:47 am

Did anyone else think that Boundin' was a little... innapropriate a short film to lead into the incredibles?

What I mean is... Boundin' seemed a little too childish compared to the Incredibles.