The incredibly cool online animation thread

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Hanks. Tom Hanks.

Post by Uli » January 16th, 2007, 5:12 pm

I didn't know that Tom Hanks was scheduled to be the next 007...

Did you? :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 16th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Saw this a few days ago..I thought it was very funny and well done, though it goes on for a bit too long trailer-wise. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2007, 6:39 pm

I saw Neighbors <I>years</I> ago on TV and was lucky enough to catch it again at the Disney Paris exhibit, where they had several animation screenings going on in conjunction with that event.

It's a great little film, always changing and very different. This one had some repitition, but some nice ideas. I loved the closing shot.

Nice! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2007, 7:00 pm

Funny. A bit long, but funny. And the Hanks "Bond" at the end was classic. :)

AV Team
AV Team

"A Flatpack Project" by John Haddon

Post by Josh » January 17th, 2007, 10:16 am

I saw this unique short, simply titled "A Flatpack Project," on YouTube a while back:
kevanshorey wrote:My best friend's short film, made when we were studying Computer Animation at Bournemouth University. All of the artistic effects were created with programs written by the boy himself, and as a piece of art, it remains one of the best animated shorts I have seen.

The music [song: No Surprises] is copyright Radiohead, and permission was sought and granted for its inclusion. It is performed by a few friends.

I admit the short's story is somewhat difficult to understand. Some of the YouTube talkbackers have expressed their intrepretation of it:
Metal777Messiah wrote:For all those who did not understand this video: Our life is all hard work, but the few moments of beauty, (love, laughter, happiness) that we get are all worth the effort.
iblucky wrote:i saw it as a view of human life through the eye of a creative genious. does the hampster wheel represent all of lifes work that can be done through a fun time though? because isn't that something fun that hampsters do?
GALACTOSE wrote:His entire purpose is in creatig a beautiful thing yet it won't move without his work. His tiring, mundane work.
Asfaloth1985 wrote:Really amazing how you integrated the emotion of the person, that is moving the wheel to make the woman dance and seems to suffer when the woman isn't moving.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

James Baxter's Happy Feet

Post by Uli » January 17th, 2007, 4:58 pm

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 17th, 2007, 6:09 pm

Hey, my dad has this on tape somewhere! I think Mr. Baxter is a friend/acquaintance of his, or something. Heheh -- I saw it a while back and I absolutely loved it; funniest thing I ever did see on paper. :lol:
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Brilliant. Better than mo-capped CGI dancing penguins, that's for sure. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2007, 6:25 pm

Behind every great woman, there is a man. ;)

Lovely little film, with some very nice ideas. The style reminded me of Richard Williams' meticulous attention to detail and it's a truly striking debut, full of understated emotion, but never outstaying its welcome.

Very cool. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 17th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Ben - How could you say that?! :P

(snigger) Just kidding.
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 17th, 2007, 8:46 pm

Ha, that's cute. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 20th, 2007, 1:23 pm

ROTFLMAO!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 21st, 2007, 3:34 am

That really was funny! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

"Flatland: Reflections"

Post by Josh » January 30th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Here is the latest animation to be featured on the front page of YouTube:

The clip is from the film Flatland, an animated adaptation of the novella Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions. Here is a trailer for the production:

And here is another scene:

GeorgeC

The FUNNIEST Star Wars parody you will see this year!

Post by GeorgeC » February 14th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Please note that the following film I am about to post a link to contains some foul language and adult commentary... Keep the children out of the room when you play the video!

http://www.akjak.com/vader-sessions/

This video is also available on YouTube.com under the Search Terms "Vader Sessions."

Again, this is easily the funniest Star Wars spoof since Episode III: A Lost Hope. :lol:

Very clever, and the audio is ALL Mr. Jones. No substitutions accepted! :twisted: