First computer ever?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 7th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Yes, wander around with ET. That was it!
Did they ever make any better versions of E.T.?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 7th, 2007, 6:15 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Mitch: yeah, we should both get Photoshop together! :p Two minds are a terrible thing to waste. :wink:
You can say that again. I'll see what money I have left after I come back from the Star Wars Convention IV. ;) (snigger)
ShyViolet wrote:
Yeah, the ones on Ebay supposadly still work like new! :)
No kidding?! That's wicked. Thanks for the link, by the way. :D

Ben - Why would anyone want to play the game if all you could do was walk around? Although, just the sheer concept of it is hilarious. :P :lol:
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 8th, 2007, 9:36 am

It's why I <I>don't</I> plug in that particular cartridge any more Mitch! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Ben - Haha -- understandable. You don't even play it just for kicks? :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 12th, 2007, 12:19 pm

Well, yeah, when I want a wander. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 12th, 2007, 2:33 pm

Ben - (snigger) :lol:

I am really hankering to get an Apple computer now that I know it will support my Sims 2 game, unlike our other computer, which blows up and cracks down every time I install the thing. I also hear that the Apples host the i-Pods quite well (same company -- makes perfect sense), which is why I also plan to purchase an i-Pod along with my Apple. Either that, or I'll just write both down on my Christmas list this year and hope for the best. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 27th, 2007, 6:03 pm

Mario Bros on stage! :) Silly. :? :P I like it, though. :wink:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 30th, 2007, 2:59 pm

I also hear that the Apples host the i-Pods quite well (same company -- makes perfect sense),

I agree! That's another reason why I'd like a Mac. :)

I think I read that originally, they could only fit with the Apple, no other computer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2007, 12:32 am

Really weird Inside Edition from 1988!!! :shock:

:wink:

FYI: 100$ was WAY MORE back then. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 2nd, 2007, 2:16 pm

"FYI: 100$ was WAY MORE back then."

I know that's true, but for some reason, I just can't buy that there has been that much inflation in the last 20 years. Besides, even in 1988 dollars, $100 for a videogame system (with a pack-in game to boot) seems like it would have been a good deal. Then again, that's always been Nintendo's strategy: Sell their hardware at a relatively low price and let software sales pick up the slack.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2007, 10:35 pm

It was a lot but, no, you're right, not that much more.

It just seems like everything is more expensive now (especially video games).....but people make about as much--sometimes less--than they did then. :?

Kind of a downer. :(

Computers have levled off a bit--but laptops are still pretty pricey.
:?
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 3rd, 2007, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 3rd, 2007, 11:14 pm

First computer...

Atari 800.

Had that one through about 1990/91 and used it to write reports through my first year of college AS WELL as play games off both 5.25" floppy and cartridge!

My next computer was a black-and-white Apple Classic followed by a G3 Biege Minitower. The G3 is where I got into online browsing and e-mail. I loved that system and had it for 8.5 years until it crashed for good last August.

My current computer, although used and NOT the top-of-the-line Intel Duocore Mac, kicks the butt off the other systems I've used. It's a G4 1.4 GHz, System 10.4.9 with a nice dual-layer DVD burner which I'll start using to archive LDs and VHS tapes within the next week. I've finally figured out HOW to make DVD-Rs with decent menus after several weeks to searching on the Net and asking around.

It's a LOT easier and CHEAPER than I thought it would be to create good home-made DVDs!

P.S. -- Generally speaking, stick to consoles to play games. It's not worth it to get into PC gaming. Your graphics card will be maxed out after 6 months even if you've got the current top-of-the-line gadget and it's just not worth the hassle considering a computer system is generally "decent" for 3 years and definitely obsolete after 4 years.

At least a popular console system will be supported for a minimum of 5-6 years and you know most developers will do an excellent job debugging games before they get released on the market.

PC gaming is a hassle with all the hardware driver, bug patch, and graphics card issues.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2007, 11:24 pm

Hmmm.....interesting! :)

But, I know that if you want a PSP you have to pay like $70 extra for the "memory card" or something right?

What a gyp!! :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 4th, 2007, 12:13 am

70$? :shock:

See, that's where the Nintendo DS has the advantage. It doesn't even need a memory card! It just saves the data on the game card, which is so convenient! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 4th, 2007, 1:50 am

I guess PSP has more memory to store, what with the high-tech 3d graphics you'd see on a PlayStation, etc...

But it's still a gyp.

(I might, maybe, one day have one. Maybe...:wink:)

You can get one at circuit city for about 170.00; I'm not sure if that's with or without a memory stick however....

I think it also comes with one sample game.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Pla ... tDetail.do