Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates: The Movie

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 12th, 2007, 9:21 pm

Oh, FYI, that famous 1984 Apple ad (supposedly the most famous commercial ever) has been parodied many times--

At least once on the Simpsons--when Homer in the Mr. Plow episode hires someone to do a professional ad on TV for him.

Lisa: "Dad, was that your commercial?"
Homer: (sounding frightened) "I don't know!"

Also on Futurama, when that 80's exec with "bone-itis" is thawed like Fry was and takes over Planet Express, and of course does a commercial for Planet Express like that. ("Mom" is Big Brother, of course. :wink: :) :P)

This is the original ad:

Last edited by ShyViolet on April 5th, 2007, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 23rd, 2007, 3:56 am

Pirates of the Silicon Valley has its own website--lots of info on Apple on Microsoft including timelines! Very cool!!!!! :D

http://alt.tnt.tv/movies/tntoriginals/p ... _index.htm

Also, I didn't know this, but apparently that "1984" Big Brother Apple commercial was directed by Ridley Scott!!! :)

Hmmm....too bad he didn't direct the actual "1984" film, (the John Hurt one, which came out in, of course, 1984)

Even though it had some good scenes and acting, it was very depressing and almost literally put me to sleep. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 3rd, 2007, 3:09 am

Do yourself a BIG favor and click on this--Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates--the animated cartoon! :) Really really really really really really funny!!!! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2007, 2:50 am

Also, you might have seen this funny spoof of the Apple 1984 commercial, considering their present dominence with the ipod, iphones etc...:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 5th, 2007, 6:51 am

That guy on the screen sounded just like Jack Black at times.
I actually never saw the original commercial, but I did see the futurama spoof :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Just FYI: I re-edited the top post here and put the original commercial up! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2007, 9:01 pm

Also, here's the trailer for Pirates of Silicon Valley :)

SO COOL. I am definetely getting this film!!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 23rd, 2007, 10:24 pm

Funny...:wink: