Pokemon!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pokemon!

Post by Kirby-chan » June 3rd, 2007, 3:12 pm

Well, Pokemon is now on its way to a tenth season. But, in the words of Peter Griffon, this really grinds my gears! The last thing Pokemon needs is a new season with even more monsters in a new world.

All the origional voice actors are gone for some reason, which makes watching the show eally hard for me, there's still the same plot of Ash wanting to be the best when he conquored, what? Four worlds already?

Pikachu no longer has any personality, in the early seasons, he would fall in love with ketchup, have a run on a broken treadmill, and other stuff. Now he's just an invincible drone who'se probably at level 99!

Just like the new game, there's gonna be nothing new to this installment. At least that's my prediction, it still looks cute and the show stays fresh for the new generations, but once Ash meets someone and leaves them in one episode, we never see them again! The show tries to create new things for the sudience, but keeps leaving everything in the dust and it feel slike every episode is filler.

What I think the creators of the show should do is have Ash stumble upon his old world and meet up with Oak, that kid who had the Eevee, Misty, and the Scyther and Electabuz gang.

What happened to that one guy with a Typhlosion? He only had two episodes! I wanna see more of him.

Or what about the Pokemon Rescue Squad? They had only one episode and we still don't know if Aquirtle gets to be a human again!

I'm sorry if this feels like a rant, in a way it kinda is, but I am just getting really annoyed with Pokemon. What do you guys think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pokemon!

Post by Daniel » June 3rd, 2007, 4:52 pm

Warning, lots of quotes! ;)
Kirby-chan wrote:The last thing Pokemon needs is a new season with even more monsters in a new world.
That's what one the best parts about pokemon. Without more monsters, the show would become more stale than it already is.
Kirby-chan wrote:All the original voice actors are gone for some reason, which makes watching the show eally hard for me
Simply put, they were never asked to do season #9. PUSA/Taj thought they could create the same show that we were accustomed to for 8 years with cheap sound-alikes. Buzz... wrong! For the most part I can tolerate the new voices, the only one that truly irks me is Ash's. His new VA, plain and simple, is wrong for him. It doesn't sound anything like Veronica, it lacks emotion, always sounds forced, and ugh, the title reads. :x
Kirby-chan wrote:but once Ash meets someone and leaves them in one episode, we never see them again!
Its been that way since season 1. ;)
Kirby-chan wrote:What I think the creators of the show should do is have Ash stumble upon his old world and meet up with Oak, that kid who had the Eevee, Misty, and the Scyther and Electabuz gang.
He does that when he goes home. Well, Oak and Misty, anyway. ;)
Kirby-chan wrote:What happened to that one guy with a Typhlosion? He only had two episodes! I wanna see more of him.
He was in three episodes that were part of "Pokemon Chronicles". Would be nice to see him again, but I doubt it. They did however have the girl make a cameo of sorts in a recent D/P episode.

Yeah, I like the old episodes as much as the next guy, but I loved AG and D/P shows potential so far.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2007, 5:41 pm

We have a thread on this, don't we?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 3rd, 2007, 5:55 pm

Nope.

The only thread that comes close, is this one. -- Anime?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 27th, 2007, 1:19 am

i dont like the new voices!!! :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 1:34 am

Welcome, Otis8!

Yeah, join the club. I'm not too fond of them either.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Vernadyn » November 27th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Oh, Pokemon.... I remember those days.... Though I played the Game Boy things, I never really cared for the show...too much idiotic "Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light" stuff. I think the "Pokemon Adventures" comic by Hidenori Kusaka and Mato better represented that world. It's a lot darker--or at least as dark as Pokemon can get. Too bad only the first two series were translated into English.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 28th, 2007, 1:58 am

the new motto and anime are worse!

thanks for the welcome daniel. i see you dont like the new voices ether. has your opinion changed since tat post?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 29th, 2007, 3:29 am

No, not really, the only thing that's changed since then, is I gave up on the dub completley. :( I just can't stand Sarah's take on Ash. She doesn't sound anything like Veronica, she always sounds forced... etc. I don't even know why she's still on the show; pay someone who can act.

I agree with what the second original voice of Meowth said, (Maddie Blaustein) the show has jumped the shark. If it weren't for the change in cast, (among other things) I would still be watching - no doubt.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » November 30th, 2007, 1:54 pm

thats sad. i also want to stop watching but it is so hard.
Daniel wrote:I don't even know why she's still on the show; pay someone who can act.
to true!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » December 8th, 2007, 11:20 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2007, 11:48 pm

Yay? ;)
I think Sarah Natochenny does a Great job! Actually I think she is better than Veronica... Thats Right I said it!!! (Please do not Hurt me!)
:|

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Pokemon!

Post by jonnybbush » August 25th, 2010, 11:07 am

Nice information from you. I have read your post Its about Pokemon. and Its so wonderful. I watched Pokemon cartoon and I have Pokemon game. Thank you for sharing this wonderful page. This is so interesting! and your information is really increase my knowledge. I hope you send more information like this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 25th, 2010, 1:44 pm

I'm lost...there are no hidden spam links I can find, but is this for real?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 25th, 2010, 4:39 pm

I very much doubt it.

On the topic of Poke, it's nice seeing old episodes on Boomerang again. Ah the original voices! :)