Transformers

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Transformers

Post by GeorgeC » November 5th, 2004, 1:07 pm

Here's the bad news at http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5678

You know, when I first heard about Transformers being turned into a LIVE-ACTION project I had my doubts. Some things just don't work out well in live-action and should stay animated. It'll be hard to make this work without it being ridiculous or so fan-centric that casual moviegoers will be turned off.

Of course, ultimately it's a fine combination of director and writer as well as cast that can make or break a film regardless of the film format.

I have a problem believing the story will be any good now that the Transformers producers hired John Rogers, the guy who wrote the Halle Berry Catwoman script, to write this film, too. Catwoman is acknowledged as one of the year's worst movies and definitely NOT the character most comic book fans respect. The attempt to mainstream Catwoman and put one of the most overhyped actresses (Berry) in the lead role definitely ruined that film.

It'd have been just as bad if the Transformers producers had hired Akiva Goldman (screenwriter of Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Lost in Space) to write Transformers, too.

There's already the typical Hollywood excuses being written/quoted for the screenwriter choice. You can sense the desperation as the people making this movie try to justify their choice of screenwriter. Fans already are not buying it.

This does not sound good at all...

GeorgeC

Transformers '07 Theme leaked to Net

Post by GeorgeC » June 7th, 2007, 2:16 pm

AICN.com has a link to the supposedly remixed version of the classic Transformers Theme that will be in this year's live-action Transformers movie.

Here's the link to the godawful, 80's-metal band sounding remix: http://www.sectorseven.org/OHD2/deceptibot/theme.zip

And yes, I DO have the original 1986 animated movie soundtrack. I liked it back then and stilll have some favorites from it. There's a newer version of THAT soundtrack that just recently got released with four bonus tracks not available on the original cassette and CD versions.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » June 7th, 2007, 4:48 pm

huh. im listening to it right now... i dont really care for it for it. wonder if thats really going to be in the film. :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 7th, 2007, 4:52 pm

This will propably just play during the end credits

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » June 8th, 2007, 10:03 am

well as long as they dont have one of those "post-movie clips" after the credits i wont mind :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 8th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Here's the link to the godawful, 80's-metal band sounding remix: http://www.sectorseven.org/OHD2/deceptibot/theme.zip

It sounds scary even from the description....:?

Not sure if I'll click or not..... :shock:

:wink:

And yes, I DO have the original 1986 animated movie soundtrack
I've heard of that film! :) Is it true one of the characters actually says a swear in one scene?? :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Transformers?

Post by Whippet Angel » June 10th, 2007, 2:05 am

Has anyone heard any actual info on this yet??? I heard about it a while back, and now it's being promoted like crazy, but I have yet to see what the film actually looks like. :|

The teaser trailer doesn't reveal much, and most of the new merchandise that I've seen is based off the cartoon.

I'll admit, I've never really been into Transformers (I was pretty young back when it was really popular. Guess I'm more from the Ninja Turtle era :wink: ). But all these promos have got me interested.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2007, 7:57 am

We have a thread on this, don't we?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 10th, 2007, 9:05 am

I've never seen an episode of Transformers, as I was in my mid-teens when it was popular originally and did not watch cartoons much there for a couple of misguided years. I never got into all those action/merchandising shows like Transformers and He-Man. BUT, I have to say I'm intrigued to see the movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 10th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Ben wrote:We have a thread on this, don't we?
Yeah, here's two.

Catwoman writer attached to live-action Transformers movie

Transformers '07 Theme leaked to Net

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2007, 3:08 pm

Not any more Dan (thanks)! :)

I've rolled them all into one. Lets keep the robots in disguise talk confined to this thread.

Thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 10th, 2007, 6:01 pm

Haha, well you asked. And your welcome, Ben! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 10th, 2007, 10:36 pm

I'm gonna blow out my feelings on Transformers in one long post, so here goes:

1. Am I the only one who actually kind of digs the new version of the theme music? I suppose I must be....

2. I know the film will likely be terrible (it's Michael *blanking* Bay for crying out loud! When has he ever done a worthwhile picture?) but as a fan of the original series, I can't not see it so I'll be in line as soon as it's out. I thought the Garfield film would be bad, but as a big fan of the character, I went to see it anyway and actually thought it was pretty good, although it would have been better if they went all out and didn't dumb it down for a child audience. I'm hoping I will also be proven wrong here, though I'm not expecting to be.

3. The worst part of all this is that long before the live action TF film was ever announced, I had a really great idea for a live action TF trilogy (that would actually have been a true trilogy with the first and second films ending on cliffhangers) and for awhile I honestly thought I might have a chance to do it someday because I figured that Transformers was the one property that would never be picked up due to the inherent goofiness of the concept. Silly me. For anyone who might be interested, my story would have gone like this:

Film one would have involved the decepticons searching for the Key to Vector Sigma in an effort to turn Earth into a second Cybertron. The film would have ended with the 'cons leaving earth, defeated, and running smack into Unicron.

Film two would, of course, have utilized Unicron as the antagonist and feature the autobots and decepticons forming a temporary alliance to combat the mutual threat.

Film three would have had the decepticons rebuilding Unicron as a massive, non-sentient battleship with which to defeat the autobots and the 'bots efforts to end the war once and for all. Most of the action in this one would have been relocated to Cybertron and it would have ended with a big, epic, kamikaze battle after which the survivors from both sides finally make peace and form a new society, taking Cybertron into a golden age.

Looking at what we will most likely get, it saddens me a bit to think about what might have been. *sigh*
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 10th, 2007, 11:46 pm

Aww, cheer up, eddie! :)
eddievalient wrote:1. Am I the only one who actually kind of digs the new version of the theme music? I suppose I must be....
No, I kind of like it to. Its not "wow", but its good. So see, your not alone! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by rebelrex » June 12th, 2007, 10:50 am

eddievalient- i like your trilogy idea (im a big fan of huge cliff hangers). maybe there is some way you could get into contact with TF producers/directors/etc??
From what i've seen from the trailers the film does have potential and ill definitely be seeing it opening day too. lets hope Bay doesn't disappoint!

Here are the videos i've seen for anyone who has only seen the teaser:

The trailer
Optimus fight sequence
The voice of Optimus