Dexter's Laboratory on DVD?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Dexter's Laboratory on DVD?

Post by danfrandes » June 30th, 2007, 6:00 pm

Excuse me, but do you think "Dexter's Laboratory" will be in a DVD Box Set?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2007, 9:36 am

I believe it is either coming, or been rumored to be coming, in season sets. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » July 1st, 2007, 10:06 am

About 3 or 4 years ago, Columbia House had a subscription series of Dexter's Laboratory available on DVD .. but it was short-lived; I'm not sure how many volumes were released.

------------------

Both of Craig McCracken's Cartoon Network series (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and The Powerpuff Girls) have recently seen releases of their first seasons as DVD boxed sets, and Genndy Tartakovsky's other series, Samurai Jack, will be releasing its fourth season on DVD this August .. I'd assume it's just a matter of time before we see a Dexter's Laboratory set, as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 2nd, 2007, 12:03 am

I've always been a big fan of Dexter, pre "Ego Trip" (the film which was intended to be the series finale, and worked as a really good, epic closer before CN decided to do one or two more seasons without Genndy Tartakovsky's involvement. Needless to say, those seasons weren't very good and all you need to do to verify that is watch the "Chicken Scratch" short on the Powerpuff Girls Movie dvd). Along with The PJs, it's been one of my most wanted series on dvd and one of the few really good shows that hasn't found its way to disc yet. All we can do is hope that Warners will see fit to give it the same treatment it's given to some of the other Cartoon Network shows. A Cow & Chicken set would be nice too...
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Dexter's Laboratory on DVD?

Post by Kazuya07 » February 26th, 2015, 1:42 am

Not to mention, she's the voice of Malina in The Emperors New School. And if she were to flop out of Maggie, its pretty safe to assume, she would do the same for Emperor. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Dexter's Laboratory on DVD?

Post by Daniel » April 6th, 2022, 3:03 pm

Interesting article on the multiple ways "Dexter's Laboratory" changed cartoon culture as a whole. My favorite episode would probably be "LABretto", an operatic take on Dexter's birth.