Petition to remove JETIX from Toon Disney

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Petition to remove JETIX from Toon Disney

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2005, 6:18 pm

I found this on-line today:

If you are sick and tired of seeing these (mostly) lame FOX KIDS/FOX FAMILY/SABAN shows on Toon Disney and want CLASSIC cartoons like Ducktails, TaleSpin, Classic Mickey and Donald, Vault Disney,etc...click to sign this petition!
I'm not saying that all the JETIX shows are bad, I haven't even watched all of them (and I love X-Men and Spiderman) but I think a lot of people agree that they don't belong on Toon Disney. To restore quality programming to Toon Disney, here is the address:

(So far only 25 signatures, so your contribution would be very helpful!)

Petition to remove Jetix from Toon Disney: http://www.petitiononline.com/nojetix/petition.html

Like I said, if you like the JEXTIX shows, please don't be offended. I'm not saying these shows shouldn't be aired (they're already on ABC family) but that the Disney channel should actually stand for DISNEY, not "Bungled Mega-Billion-dollar-aquisition-that-crippled-the-company-to-begin-with."
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 5th, 2005, 6:25 pm

Online Petitions = no

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Do you mean that you're worried about a privacy issue?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 5th, 2005, 6:32 pm

Privacy issue?
All I'm saying, is that online petitions are kind of... inneffective.
Especially when a lot of petitions on that site have lots of posts like "YOUR MOM!!111" and such.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 5th, 2005, 6:54 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Yeah...I get it. I figured it was kind of bogus when I saw how many other petitions were on that site.

The only thing I wonder about is if on-line petitions are so inaffective, then why did SaveDisney.com employ this method? (and still does?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 5th, 2005, 10:18 pm

Let's start an internet petition against internet petitions.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2005, 11:53 am

Haha! Yeah! :)

I think most are inaffective because they are basically set up by almost anyone, and for the most bizarre or commerically unviable things.

SaveDisney took this approach, and largely worked, due to massive marketing behind the site and awareness in the "cause".

I think Jetix should ultimately be it's own channel, with the boys' action-adventure shows on it, while ToonDisney should carry the older cartoons and classic TV episodes. ABC Family could easily keep the program blocks they have now, while Disney Channel could do more to have the classic stuff on it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 6th, 2005, 12:42 pm

I agree with you, Ben. Still, one very good thing about the Disney Channel currently is that it is showing more classic Disney animated films than the channel probably ever has. Even when the Disney Channel was almost solely a movie channel, it still only aired about one classic animated film around once or twice a month. Nonetheless, it kind of annoys me that commercials air during the films, especially when the commercials don't even really bring in any revenue like network television's commercials do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » April 6th, 2005, 4:51 pm

Commercials on Disney Channel: yeah, that bugs me, too. I think the reason they do that is to make it hard for people to tape on their VCR. They have to either accept having commercials, sit through it with the remote and hit pause every fifteen minutes, or (Disney's first choice) just give up and go out and buy the movie.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 7th, 2005, 10:03 am

Yeah - the commercials are inserted for the sole reason of making the viewer go out and buy the movie, interupt-free (apart from the commercials on the front of every VHS/DVD, of course)!