Creature Comforts

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » July 9th, 2007, 4:29 pm

It's a great show, and I kind of enjoy the American version better. But I was fully prepared for the show to be canceled. I'm not surprised.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 12:45 am

For what its worth, I just sent in my feedback to CBS. It more or less reflects what I wrote above, with a few changes, so hopefully it makes a difference! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » July 24th, 2007, 7:35 pm

Why did they do this show?

I never understood the point of making most one-shots into TV shows.

I saw the original British version on Comedy Central (US cable channel) months ago and just didn't think the joke lent itself to multiple repeats. Definitely not my cup of tea.

I mean I LIKED the original short but don't see the point of repeating the joke 20-30 times a year, let alone a baker's dozen season like most British comedy shows I know of...

Walt Disney said it best -- you don't follow up Pigs with more Pigs!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 25th, 2007, 8:37 am

The thing is, already over here, Creature Comforts has been adapted into various strands already...the new series even felt old when it aired here.

Great original short...fun spin offs (the commercials, some idents, other similar one-shots), but as George says, repeating the same joke each week is...pointless, no matter how "funny" it may be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Here's the cover art for season 1: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7742