Favorite Disney animated shows?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 14th, 2007, 6:45 am

I totally agree about DuckTales! :) LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT....always have, always will. SUCH a good show. :)

Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers are about equal for me, like them both in different ways but not like Duck Tales.

BTW here's a cool link about Diz TV animation:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... y-tva.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

favorite disney shows

Post by cboy666 » January 19th, 2007, 11:10 pm

:D I pretty much agree with most of your responces. Personally my favorite shows from the past were gargoyles and aladdin. There aren't that many good disney shows worth watching anymore except for kim possible(can't wait for season 4!!!), W.I.T.C.H., and some episodes of american dragon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 1:41 am

Had to post it! :P (Original title sequence, not the one with Gizmo duck or Bubba duck--never liked those much.:?)

I loved Aladdin too. :wink: I think that was the last show I really loved on Disney Afternoon. I was a little older by then, but I never missed it. :)
Every day after school! :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 21st, 2007, 2:09 am

Classic! :)

Thanks for that, Vi.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 21st, 2007, 1:39 pm

This is kind of off topic, but Vi's post made me think of it. When you buy a boxset of a tv show, do you watch the intro and credits on every episode? Unless it's a theme song I don't like (like the 2nd Garfield And Friends theme), I usually do 'cause I figure it's part of the experience. The downside is that if I'm watching several episodes in a row I get the tune stuck in my head for hours.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 21st, 2007, 6:25 pm

Funny, when I watch Batman: The Animated Series and Batman: Gotham Knights on DVD, I always watch the title sequence, but with the Simpsons I'm so anxious to get to the ep that I always skip it. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 22nd, 2007, 8:56 am

Funny, cause Simpsons is the only one that changes! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 22nd, 2007, 2:03 pm

That's right!

You skip the the couch gag, Vi? :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kurtis » June 20th, 2007, 9:58 am

My favourite Disney cartoon is so underrated that so many people have never even heard of it!

The Weekenders!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 21st, 2007, 12:38 am

Well, I've heard of it, and seen it. Its a very entertaining cartoon.

Later days!

;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 9th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Re: Front page news story on "Worst Cartoons Ever"---

http://tv.msn.com/new-on-dvd/feature-ar ... &GT1=10189

UGH!!!! :x I can (kinda) see where the writer's coming from on Jem (although, being an 8-year-old girl when it was popular, I guess I pretty much was an avowed watcher, for better or worse :wink: :roll:) but WHERE does this person get the gall to diss Goof Troop?? :shock:

It wasn't a great show mind you, but it produced a great movie and an OK sequel. I really can't see how it made the "worst of all time" list. :(

I can easily think of a billion animated shows nowadays that are far worse. :?

(I did agree with him on Pokemon however :twisted: and the eventual demise of the beloved Disney Afternoon :cry: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » July 9th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Goof Troop was great when I was a kid but to be honest I don't know if I would still enjoy it now.
The movie is still great though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 4:53 am

Pokemon is not one of the worst cartoons ever! Its not the best, but its far from the worst. And the way they describe it, its like they haven't seen it at all recently. It not 1998, MSN!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2007, 10:06 am

Daniel wrote:Pokemon is far from the worst.
Not that far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » July 10th, 2007, 11:22 am

Some of you mentioned Gargoyles, and that gets my vote for best Disney series ever. It was more mature than any kiddie cartoons I had ever seen, often funny but not silly, with incredible continuity and character development, and great action. The first season and half of the second season are out on DVD. (The rest of the second season is not scheduled due to poor sales, although Disney never advertised their previous releases.)

The series has had such a cult following that there are annual Gargoyle conventions called "The Gathering." Recently series co-creator and executive producer Greg Weisman started writing a continuation comic published through Slave Labor Graphics and it's just incredible. (Issue #5 comes out next week!)

Any of you that haven't seen it, I would highly recommend checking this one out.