AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 14th, 2007, 4:45 am

I didn't do anything!?

J/k ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 24th, 2007, 12:47 pm

This isn't exactly related Frog Princess, just some cool tidbits on the original Disney animation staff (Ron Clements, etc...) from the early/mid 1980's and where they went off to, etc....plus a photo of a VERY young Tim Burton with Joe Ranft.

:)

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... -1983.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 25th, 2007, 1:58 pm

This is the actual fairy tale of "The Frog Princess" :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frog_Princess
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by veu » June 21st, 2007, 4:23 am

Here a very good news about "The Princess and the Frog":

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... -crew.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » June 21st, 2007, 9:43 am

Since Randy Newman is working on the songs, do they plan on making this an animated musical or just an animated movie with songs here and there?
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » June 21st, 2007, 12:47 pm

I'm thinking musical, Newman already did a musical in the past with James and the giant peach.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 21st, 2007, 1:38 pm

And the songs in that were great!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 21st, 2007, 9:51 pm

Re: Jim Hill article

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... onger.aspx

From what I've been hearing, this whole "The Princess and the Frog" / "A Christmas Carol" release date situation is very much in flux as of this moment. And given that the story of this new Ron'n'John picture actually takes place during Mardi Gras in New Orleans ... Well, it's now being suggested that a March 2010 release date might be a much better fit for this movie.
Oh no....:( A March release? 2010?? :?
Disney's return to traditional animation after eight years (yes, eight years in 2010) being given a spring opening?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 22nd, 2007, 3:29 am

That's....kind of dissapointing, actually. :(

November seemed like the perfect month, Imo. The new date is ok, my only concern is it might be overlooked, ala, MTR. Than again, a lot is riding on this for JL, so I'm sure we"ll be seeing a lot more promotion this time around.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2007, 9:18 am

I think, frankly, that they should hold one of them off and give it more time for production, and open the following year.

Princess is dead. Or maybe that's what Mr CGI Lasseter wants to happen?

Sure, Disney really is returning to its roots here, by giving a MOTION-CAPTURED feature, no less, the edge over the trumpeted last hurrah for traditional animation, which is what this will now be.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » July 22nd, 2007, 5:06 pm

Oh no.... A March release? 2010??
Disney's return to traditional animation after eight years (yes, eight years in 2010) being given a spring opening?
Just to bring some attention to this, Home on the Range was released in April 2004, and if this comes out on March 2010, then it would be a total of six years not eight for Disney's return to traditional animation.

Just wanted to point that out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2007, 6:20 pm

And we all know how well Home On The Range played in an April slot, right? :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 22nd, 2007, 8:08 pm

Ah, right, I keep forgetting about HOTR!! :wink: (was counting back from Treasure Planet)

Also, I read on an old Animation Nation thread once that not only was HOTR released in the US in April but.....it was a Saturday!!???! :?

Now if you want to bury 2d....that's the way to do it. :roll: :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » July 22nd, 2007, 9:24 pm

Brother Bear was released on a Saturday, because the Friday in question was October 31st and they didn't want it to relate to Halloween (thinking people might confuse it for something else). Of course even if they had released like a sneak preview on that Friday it could have made enough money to have been the #1 spot at the box office because it lost out only by a couple hundred thousand dollars to Scary Movie 3 (and that movie had been playing all three days vs. Brother Bear's two.)

For reference on that weekend:

1. Scary Movie 3: $20.0 million

2. Brother Bear: $19.4 million

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 22nd, 2007, 10:38 pm

Thanks for the info, Plightyear. :wink:

Also, about that 2010 TPATF release: isn't 2010 also when Toy Story 3 is going to come out....? :?

If Toy Story's a summer, like say May or June release....a spring release for TPATF is almost certain death. :(

(Personally I think Toy Story's MUCH better for a Christmas date....the first two did amazing in that slot, plus toys/Christmas works much better than Toys/summertime.)

My solution: Give November 2009 to Princess, December to Christmas Carol, and the Toy Story can get the Christmas after that.

And we all know how well Home On The Range played in an April slot, right? Sad
Not to mention Meet the Robinsons. :(