High School Musical 2

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

High School Musical 2

Post by Josh » August 17th, 2007, 1:59 am

I'm curious to know if anyone here is going to watch High School Musical 2 this weekend. Thus far, word is that HSM2 is as good as - perhaps even a little better than - the first film. It'll be interesting to see if the sequel matches its predecessor's success. Disney certainly is doing an A+ job promoting HSM2.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 17th, 2007, 3:28 am

Yup, I'm gonna watch it this weekend. I saw the original a few months ago, out of curiousity, and ended up liking it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » August 17th, 2007, 8:49 am

I have four kids (three of them pre-teen girls) so it will be on at my house tonight. I'll probably watch it. Right after it there'll be a preview episode of Disney Channel's next animated series Phineas and Ferb and I'm more excited about seeing that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 17th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Me, too. It looks kinda cute, and it has Caroline Rhea! :D

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 17th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Sorry, but not interested. I never like High School Musical anyway.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » August 17th, 2007, 10:53 pm

I watched the Disney Channel premiere of High School Musical 2 tonight. Overall, I enjoyed the film, especially its songs. It certainly feels 'bigger' than its predecessor, while remaining fun and energetic. Basically, however you feel about High School Musical, you'll likely feel pretty much the same about HSM2.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » August 18th, 2007, 1:03 pm

That's good to know. I moved back into college yesterday and couldn't watch it because I don't get the Disney channel on campus. I'll definitely catch it in a rerun (or on dvd). I didn't see the first one until recently when my niece got it for her birthday (and proceeded to watch it incessantly, as 6 year olds tend to do), but I enjoyed it and thought the music was good and catchy. What I've heard of part 2's soundtrack is pretty good, so I bet the movie's good too.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 19th, 2007, 3:53 am

I missed the premiere of High School Musical 2, but caught the encore earlier today. Like Josh said, overall I enjoyed it. It was a descent continuation, packed with lots of humor and heart.

But as for the songs, they were ok. Certanly know where near as good as the original. Dunno, some felt like they were put there, just for the heck of it. Those were few though, and I did enjoy the vast majority of them.

Oh, and I did catch the preview of Phineas and Ferb. I loved it! :) The animation, aside from some the characters, is very good. I was actually laughing out loud, at most of the cartoon; moreso the ending, with the whole 'roller coaster' fiasco. And of course, the sister trying to expose what her brother is doing. Funny stuff! :lol:

Lastly, I found the whole pet thing, kind of weired. But gotta give Disney props, for thinking outside of the box. All in all, this shows a lot of potention, and I can hardly wait for more episodes.