The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 28th, 2007, 5:55 am

Commentaries, a few deleted scenes and some promos (maybe 15-20 minutes screen time tops?) do not make a decent edition.

However, Fox ALWAYS puts out a kind-of decent first release and then follows up next spring with a 2-disc. ALWAYS...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 28th, 2007, 3:46 pm

True, but this is the Simpsons. The season sets always go all out, so I would imagine the same treatment given to the movie's DVD.

At least I hope...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 30th, 2007, 4:04 pm

However, Fox ALWAYS puts out a kind-of decent first release and then follows up next spring with a 2-disc. ALWAYS...
Tell me about it. :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 1st, 2007, 6:24 pm

Yep Dan...Simpsons will get the all out treatment internationally in a two-disc set, which will then come to the US next spring.

It's Fox practice, done with all their holiday season releases.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 1st, 2007, 7:30 pm

Or it could come out the same day, ala FF2. If not, than definetly spring. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 6th, 2007, 1:55 am

Hey Meg, that's like my favorite quote from TSM!! :) Wonderful choice! :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 6th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Thanks! It's my favorite as well. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 6th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Cool! :)

Also, anyone remember this pic from way back in Season 5? I guess Homer always loved pigs! :D

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 7th, 2007, 12:58 am

"Curly, straight, curly, straight, curly, etc.." :lol:

"Homer Goes to College" is one of my faves out the season, mainly because of the nerds! But heh, I never thought about the pig thing. Good thinking, Vi.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 8th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Thanks, Dan! :)

I love the nerds too! :P

Marge: [hearing modem noises] Ooh, what's wrong with this phone? it's
making crazy noises.
Nerd 2: [contemptuously] Those "crazy noises" are computer signals.
Nerd 3: Yeah. Some guys at MIT are sending us reasons why Captain
Picard is better than Captain Kirk.
Nerd 1: Hah! They're outta their minds.

I think their names are actually Kirk, Doug and Gary. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 9th, 2007, 5:10 am

You were so close! Its actually Doug, Gary and Benjamin! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 10th, 2007, 12:50 am

Oh, right! :P

I also used to have a really cool Simpsons comic/paperback ("extravaganza"--like 5 stories) where they played a starring role! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 10th, 2007, 3:02 am

Seriously? That sounds cool!

I think I had one or two comic books, but gave them away, since I never read them. Say deal with you?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 10th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Yeah, pretty much. I had about 3 or so "graphic novel triple packs" that had like five comics in them. I have like 2 of them somewhere, the other was lost , alas....:P

:wink:

If you go to the humor section of Borders/Barnes and Noble superstores they usually have a ton of Simpsons comic paperbacks. I had one with all of them in b + w "Jail" uniforms escaping a "madhouse". :wink: :roll: (all the paperbacks have random covers that don't particularly relate to the stories inside.)

That was the one that had the nerds. I"m pretty sure you can still find that one. In the story, they team up with Frink! :P

There's also a HILARIOUS scene where they go to Mr. Burns for help/resources and then his three "nephews" (who we've never seen before) who all look like him but smaller, each wearing a baseball cap/shirt in red, green and blue tell him: "There's a buried boat with a sunken treasure! We want to go look for it!" Mr. Burns is like: "Sorry boys, I'm busy with young Gary here." Nephews: "Awww!" all disappointed. :cry:

(Ducktales reference)

Hilarious! So totally random. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2007, 4:50 pm

It sure sounds like it! Did the nephews have little humps, like Mr. Burns?
ShyViolet wrote:If you go to the humor section of Borders/Barnes and Noble superstores they usually have a ton of Simpsons comic paperbacks. I had one with all of them in b + w "Jail" uniforms escaping a "madhouse". :wink: :roll: (all the paperbacks have random covers that don't particularly relate to the stories inside.)
Ironically enough, that's exactly where I see them! They always have sooo many cool Simpson/Garfield/Charlie Brown/ etc, books. Paradise! :)

I don't know about the covers, though; the ones I had, seemed to fit into the nature of the stories.