The Simpsons Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2007, 1:30 am

New York Post wrote:Is Simpsons Movie 2 Coming Soon? Bart's Big Clue

The new season of "The Simpsons" - its 19th - opens later this month with Bart Simpson writing these tantalizing words on a classroom blackboard: "I will not wait 20 years to make another movie."

Does that mean "The Simpsons Movie 2" is in the works? Don't hold your breath.

That's the word from Al Jean, executive producer and show runner on "The Simpsons," who admitted in an interview that Bart's scribblings are really just a tease.

"We would only do a sequel if we believed it was a movie that had to be made, just like we did with the first one," Jean said. "We wouldn't want to do it just because the first one was successful, or because we wanted to make money off of a movie. We'd only do it if we had a script that we thought was great [and] there's no script at this point."

"The Simpsons Movie" has grossed more than $175 million in the U.S. and Jean says it's on track to rake in $500 million when overseas grosses are factored in.

For now, he said, producers are focusing on the new season, which premieres Sept. 23.
Woot, Al Jean! :P

All I can say is, good. That's the only way I would want a sequel too, if they believed they had a great story.

And now they can focus more on the TV show, yay! Not that its bad right now, (still beats anything from seasons 10-12, IMO) but there's always room for improvement.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2007, 12:22 am

It sure sounds like it! Did the nephews have little humps, like Mr. Burns?

Nah, they were just like smaller versions of him, but dressed in red, green and blue w/out the hump. :wink: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2007, 12:23 am

It sure sounds like it! Did the nephews have little humps, like Mr. Burns?

Nah, they were just like smaller versions of him, but dressed in red, green and blue w/out the hump. :wink: :P

I also agree that if a sequel is made, the story should be right. And set on a somewhat bigger scale this time, IMHO. :)

(Still loved the film though. :wink:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2007, 12:45 am

Yup, agreed on both accounts.

Btw, did you know that Spider-Pig was Jean's idea? Kinda cool. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2007, 1:01 am

Really? How cool! :) Al Jean IS THE MAN.

His commentaries are always the best, too. :) I love his commentary for "I Love Lisa" (Ralph, Lisa, Valentine's Day) 'cause he said that he actually got a card when he was a kid from a little girl with a train and the words: "I choo-choo-choose you!" It inspired the episode! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2007, 3:43 am

He also said his wife inscribed that on his wedding band! ;) I also think Al's commentaries are the best, since he's always fun to listen to, and the fact that his voice is the most distinguishable!
ShyViolet wrote:Really? How Cool! :)
Yup, Al apparently mentioned 'Spider-Pig' in a pitch or something, and the rest is Simpson history; I'm postive he said it in an interview, but I can't find it, ATM. (If I don't, they'll probably mention it on the DVD.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 15th, 2007, 8:18 am

Y'know...is Spider-Pig from the show? Or was it just in the movie? Because if it's a leftover from the show that's, like, beloved or something then I can see the fan reaction.

But if it's just for the movie...then, <I>what!?</I>

It's just changing one word in the regular Spider-Man theme...um, I hate to say it, and amusing as it was for about two seconds, but pig insertion or not...that isn't a stroke of genius or anything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 15th, 2007, 3:35 pm

A brand new character for the movie... He's kind of not liked, actually. Many say, Homer's already had pet animal, (helper monkey, lobster) so its nothing new or original.

I don't know why I like him so much. He's just so cute!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2007, 5:10 pm

Yeah, love that blond hair, and "You can't kill him if he's wearing people clothes!" :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 15th, 2007, 6:40 pm

And who doesn't love Harry Plopper?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 15th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Totally. :)

Y'know...is Spider-Pig from the show? Or was it just in the movie? Because if it's a leftover from the show that's, like, beloved or something then I can see the fan reaction.

But if it's just for the movie...then, what!?

Much as I love Spider-Pig, I can appreciate the "confusion" of why he is (at least in some corners) so popular. I can't really say I understand
the "phenomenon" just that it was one of those "weird" things that happen once and probably wouldn't happen again if they tried a similar stunt with another superhero. (Which they did earlier actually, with Superman remember? :P Homer: "I can't remember what I'm supposed to do!" :lol:
Somehow that never caught on....:wink:)

I think part of it was the whole "Spider-Mania" thing going on last spring (wow, that's sure gone quick :?) , coupled with the absurdity of seeing Spider-tracks from a pig on the ceiling....:roll: :P It's just one of those things you can't explain....a bunch of people sang along with the song in the theater I was in, and from what I read that happened in other theaters as well! :P Very, very strange.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 16th, 2007, 4:42 am

Homer's already had pet animal, (helper monkey, lobster
Aaaaah, Pinchy...classic :D

Marge: Mmmm ... who left these muddy claw prints on my clean floor?
Homer: Sorry, Marge. Pinchy got all dirty in the yard chasing birds.
But don't worry! I put him in a nice, hot bath.
Bart: [sniffs the air] Hey, what smells so good?
Homer: Yeah ... Pinchy? Pinchy!?! Oh ... Pinchy!!!!!

Later that night, Homer is crying at the dining room table, taking
bites out of Pinchy's dead body while the family is watching.

Homer: [eating, crying] Oh, man, that's good. Pass the butter.
Bart: Are you gonna eat that all by yourself?
Homer: Uh-huh. Pinchy would've wanted it this way. My dear, sweet
Pinchy. [takes a bite] No more pain where you are now, boy.
[rips him in half and sucks out the meat inside]
Oh, God, that's tasty! I wish Pinchy were here to enjoy this.
[takes more bites] Oh, Pinchy ...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 17th, 2007, 1:47 pm

I remember that. Brill episode. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 20th, 2007, 3:26 am

Indeed. One of the best from season 10.

What do you guys think will happen to Spider-Pig, though? For his cameo in season 19.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » September 20th, 2007, 2:46 pm

Dunno - I assumed he died when the family's house got sucked into the sinkhole...Maybe we'll figure out how he survived. :P