Alvin and the Chipmunks (Fox)

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 30th, 2007, 9:29 am

This is creepin' me out. And they think this has a chance of...<I>what</I> exactly?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 30th, 2007, 3:27 pm

Exactly.

People old enough to remember this won't like it because it messes with the original. (both 60s and 80s versions of it.)

And the "target audience" (8-12?) 99.9% won't remember the Chipmunks at all, unless they have an older brother/sister/relative who liked them....

They would have a better chance of success if they just made a feature-length traditional film in the footsteps of the original show. Like "The Chipmunk Adventure" which WJ posted. :) (maybe an amalgam of 60s and 80s?)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 30th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Droosan wrote:

I wonder whether they will be 'chipmunk'-sized, or about three feet tall, like they are in the cartoons .. kinda hard to tell, from the trailer.

Not sure but if I recall the trailer correctly, they're smaller than in the cartoons. They looked like they were on a table or something...maybe like half a foot. That way, they won't have to interact with Dave as much, saves money, etc....:roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 2nd, 2007, 12:30 pm

They're "Actual Size" now. It makes them "More real". :roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » November 1st, 2007, 5:15 pm

The October 26-28, 2007 USA WEEKEND magazine mentions a link to their "interview" with Alvin. Curiosity killed the chipmunk, and if anybody was unsure about the movie before, this is an eye-opener:

Alvin and the Chipmunks exclusive interview

:shock:

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2007, 7:20 pm

USA Weekend wrote:If you want to make it in the music business, you've got to look cool. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

Alvin: Simon and Theodore have tats spelling A-L-V-I-N -- the result of a late visit to an all-night Bangkok tattoo parlor. My own body art will remain a secret ... for now.
:shock: :?
USA Weekend wrote:Your film is being released by 20th Century Fox, the same studio behind "The Simpsons Movie." Would you ever appear nude, like Bart Simpson?

Alvin: My hoodie comes off only when and if Fox ponies up a Simpsons-like payday.
I know, I know, but I still laughed!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 1st, 2007, 9:13 pm

Once again, the audience for this movie is... :? :?:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2007, 5:31 pm

Fox is starting to become desperate with the marketing for this thing...and we still don't even know the plot!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 6th, 2007, 1:38 am

Wendy's Jane wrote:Fox is starting to become desperate with the marketing for this thing...and we still don't even know the plot!
The new plot-friendly full trailer is already up at Apple, and...no "raisins", this time.

(In fact, the old summer teaser seems to have "mysteriously" disappeared off studio sites without a trace...) :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 6th, 2007, 11:14 am

I don't know what you're talking about, Eric. I went to Apple and all I found was the old teaser (which I still think is funny). I looked around other sites and all I could find was the teaser. I'd like to see the new trailer if I could find it. I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I'm really looking forward to this movie (Jason Lee as David Seville? I'm sold!). However, I predict that because it doesn't have a clear audience (as Ben has said), it will likely tank theatrically and become one of those overlooked gems you never hear about.

Edit: After doing some more digging, I did find the trailer at worstpreviews.com. That was the only place I could find it though. After seeing it.....I still want to see the movie, but I think I'll lower my expectations (that's what I did when I watched "Garfield" and I liked that movie just fine). It looks funny, but not as good as the teaser made me think at first. Ah well, that's the way it goes. New prediction: Alvin will do about as well as the first Garfield movie, respectable but not earth shattering.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 6th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Okay, am I the only one who finds the sight of those guys completely naked incredibly disturbing?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Full live action chipmunks trailer

Post by gaastra » November 9th, 2007, 9:29 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » November 10th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Okay, that's definitely better than the trailer I saw the other day. Looks good.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 11th, 2007, 3:05 am

It's gonna look good, at least. I still am doubtful of the movie in general, but looks like it could be worth a borrow from the library.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 12th, 2007, 1:48 pm

I think it looks awful.

And I doubt that any future trailers or whatever are going to change my opinion on that matter.